Page 56 of 291 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3952007;
    It's a shame that in spite of all those qualities Fleiss probably never considered him for the next Bachelor. They couldn't even mustered up an intro for him, afraid he might get a bigger fanbase than Chris and it's obvious they're marketing Chris for the next Bachelor. Nothing against Chris but why not give an equal chance to Roberto.
    Why do we think he isn't being considered?

Probably because posters feel Chris is being edited as the next bachelor.

With regards to Roberto working so hard towards his own SF shop, I don't think its that big of a deal to put it on hold if he was offered the Bachelor role. How many times does an unexpected opportunity come into our lives and we make the decision to take it. Its not like he can never go back to the job. I'm sure there are constant training sessions on the go, he can continue on whatever phase he's in. He'll have the rest of his career to start building a client base. After doing the bachelorette, he won't have a problem I'm sure.

FORT Fanatic

How funny that so many people felt that Roberto was being edited as the next Bachelor when it was thought Chris was F1. Now Chris is being edited as the next Bachelor now that we know there is no F1. I always felt Chris was getting that edit. Roberto would make a fantastic bachelor. He is certainly a catch and I really think Roberto would bring romance to the show which has been seriously lacking lately. I have to say as much as i would love to see him on my tv screen next season, I think I will be disappointed if this is something he actually does. I think he is better than this show. I can't imagine either guy wanting to do it after seeing how Ali was screwed with this season.

I just don't see Roberto as the next bach. By his own admission he is too shy. I'm not sure that he can carry the show. Craig R on the other hand probably could, he seems to take the lead in everything there. But, as far as I'm concerned I think Kirk could win it hands down. He has such an outgoing personality and his very smart and not shy at all. He has a great sense of humor too.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3952144;
    How funny that so many people felt that Roberto was being edited as the next Bachelor when it was thought Chris was F1. Now Chris is being edited as the next Bachelor now that we know there is no F1. I always felt Chris was getting that edit. Roberto would make a fantastic bachelor. He is certainly a catch and I really think Roberto would bring romance to the show which has been seriously lacking lately.
    Agreed on this, Chris L was always getting the sympathy Jason Mesnick treatment for the next Bachelor. I said it long ago. People's tune has changed since the RS spoiler.
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 06-26-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Forgive me while I rant. I'm furious that they are going to be cutting into the one good episode out of this bust of a season I have been looking forward to seeing to show Jake & Vienna. I have been looking forward to the Portugal episode to get a heavy dose of Roberto and to alesser extent Ali. Now the ET article says they are going to insert this J&V interview into the end of the Portugal episode. All I can say is they better be adding on 30 minutes on to July 5th's show and not cutting into what was already supposed to be shown. Either that or cut time off the dates of those who don't make it much further or I'm going to be mad. I have no interest in this J&V mess. I'm interested in salvaging what's good of the rest of this season. End of Rant. Bring on Roberto!

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3952144;
    How funny that so many people felt that Roberto was being edited as the next Bachelor when it was thought Chris was F1. Now Chris is being edited as the next Bachelor now that we know there is no F1. I always felt Chris was getting that edit. Roberto would make a fantastic bachelor. He is certainly a catch and I really think Roberto would bring romance to the show which has been seriously lacking lately. I have to say as much as i would love to see him on my tv screen next season, I think I will be disappointed if this is something he actually does. I think he is better than this show. I can't imagine either guy wanting to do it after seeing how Ali was screwed with this season.
    I agree with you. I felt from the start that Chris was getting the sympathetic Bach edit, and was being edited in a way more typical for an F3 than the F2. Yet I never saw Roberto getting the F1 edit, either. Too much harping on how the man looks. The whole thing is pathetic. I hate seeing him portrayed as a pretty face, when it's obvious that's not even the top of the list of decent things they could say about him. Hopefully that'll change as we get to HTD and the FD.

As for the part of your post I put in bold, I couldn't agree more. Just from my impressions, he is better than this. All he, Chris, and any of them need to do is look over at Jake and what's happening with/to him right now. That should be enough to make them run in the other direction from a Bach offer. Mistake so many of these people make is thinking "It won't happen to me, I'm smarter than that!" They may be smart, but that doesn't mean that they can't be outsmarted.

Agree 110%- have been waiting for the dancing in the streets segment since the previews! Why cant they tack it onto to the end of this week's show and get rid of some of the Justin crap? Blech!

FORT Fanatic

It's bothered me a little that so many think Roberto is getting the physical edit. I guess maybe I don't know what that means. I just don't see Roberto and Ali as being all over each other. From what I've seen their interactions have been more sweet and cuddly rather than passionate.

I too have been looking forward to the Portugal episode and Roberto and Ali's next 1:1 date. According to the episode description, Ali falls hard for him. Can't wait to see what that is all about. I'm beyond pissed that they may cut any part of this to show Jake and Vienna go at each other! Anybody know how long we'll be subjected to that? Would they really dedicate a whole 30 minutes to that?

What? They are putting as part of the show? You bet they will cut out Roberto's date to nothing.