Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

So he was drafted by the Rockies in 2001 and the Twins in 2002. Did he ever suit up for them or did he go to the minors?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3919773;
    So he was drafted by the Rockies in 2001 and the Twins in 2002. Did he ever suit up for them or did he go to the minors?
    Usually when you are drafted, you can either sign a minor league contract or choose not to. I don't know if he signed a minor league contract the second year, but I am pretty sure he did not the first year as he was drafted the second year. I don't that that he ever made it to the MLB. Also, when you sign a minor league deal, you can still attend college and play baseball. It depends on what the organization you are drafted by wants to do.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3919773;
    He was drafted by the Rockies out of high school (Riverview HS in Riverview FL) but went to college. The next year he was drafted by the Twins. It shows he was going to St Petersburg College then. I don't see a record for him in the minors.

Did he play at The University of Tampa or did they just film part of his HTD there?
    Last edited by Love_Me; 06-01-2010 at 01:25 AM.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3919804;
    Did he play at The University of Tampa or did they just film part of his HTD there?
    Supposedly played for UTampa in 2002 and 2003, but I can't verify it yet. This was reported on another site as well as the "fact" that he was/is the youngest State Farm agent in the U.S. I checked the State Farm site and - nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballMama;3919858;
    Supposedly played for UTampa in 2002 and 2003, but I can't verify it yet. This was reported on another site as well as the "fact" that he was/is the youngest State Farm agent in the U.S. I checked the State Farm site and - nothing.
    FYI, If you check the South Carolina insurance board's registered agents listing, he is shown on there under several disciplines up-to-date as of January 2010 with affiliation with State Farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Grammy58;3919860;
    FYI, If you check the South Carolina insurance board's registered agents listing, he is shown on there under several disciplines up-to-date as of January 2010 with affiliation with State Farms.
    Welcome Grammy! Help us find more . . .

FORT Fan

Has it been reported what his nationality is? Yes, I want to know more about Roberto!!

The chemistry between them is great Like You feel Ali Really nervous when he compliment her
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

I keep on thinking Roberto is F1 - but you guys think he's F2? Do we have any clues that point to that?