Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3995027;
    Lopez said: If she wants to be homeowner, she should choose Chris. Otherwise, if she chooses Roberto, she'll be living with his mom forever.
    Ali laughed and said "you know Roberto would say 'ay dios mio!' to that." It means 'oh my gosh.'
    Sorry to be snarky but I can't resist, I'd say its the other way around. Meant to be funny but not sure anyone has a sense of humor left.

After watching The George Lopez Show tonight, there is no way Ali is SINGLE!

Ali has the 'I have a man' happy look. Doesn't have to be with the F2 but this girl has a man in her life. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3995178;
    Roberto - yep, I saw sparks. Truly hot. OTOH, I saw Ali drifting away a bit. Still Ali's question: isn't he too hot for little ol' me?

Chris - this was the rising arc last night. Started slowly, building, building, ooh, ooh, turn the air conditioning up! Is she still wondering if he'll fall for her?
    Ali in PI @ end of Roberto's HTD:
    My relationship with Roberto, gets stronger, every time I see him. He's always sort of been the guy, who I thought I could be with and end up with at the end of this. I think, the closer I get to that moment I'm almost getting cold feet along the way. It's getting really serious.
    Ali @ HTD RC deliberation chat with CHris Harrison:
    "Roberto's completely different then what I thought I needed in a guy. I feel like Roberto's almost like this fairytale guy that I never really thought deserved.
    I think what people are seeing is ALi's cold feet. She facing the decision to take the risk to go for love and see if the fairytale she has with Roberto is real at the FRC. She's nervous about it as was demonstrated by how she reacted when Roberto toldher he was falling for her and she was scared he was going to tell her something bad. I think after the Frank debacle that nervousness will increase. However, that intimacy and feeling was still there as was made evidence by TPTB editing out so much of the Island part of their date. Ali's interview where she said the heart shaped island was the most romantic date, things got steamy, and she apologized to her parents for what they might see attested to that.

Regarding Chris' rising arc of storyline, his storyline had to rise in order for anyone to believe he was a real option in the F2 in light of the Frank situtation and her obvious feelings for Roberto. It also started rising so late, much later that hidden F1's of old, because their relationship didn't get to that couple stage really 'til then. Ali's comfort level on showing and sharing that intimacy level with didn't occur 'til then. Hence, the maybe too late issue.

Buzz: We didn't have a problem with it either! So after spending time with these guys, what have you learned that people can apply to their own dating lives?
    AF: I always thought that — and people might disagree with this, honestly — but I always thought that the guy that was right for me needs to be my best friend and the person I can hang out with. But I think what I realized through all of this, is the guy I'm friends with — the funny guy who is quirky and the center of attention, aka Frank — that's not necessarily the guy I need to be with. I can surround myself with friends like that, and then the man who I need to be with is the rock who is there for me after a hard day of work, that I can come home to. What I need in a social setting is not what I need in a husband.

Exclusive Interview With Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky
    This bolded part higlights the point I've had this whole time. People have said lust/chemistry is not the way to have a relationship it's better to be friends first. I didn't know that these things were mutually exclusive. Most relationships start out with some form of lust or chemistry. Even those relationships that are arranged or spring up between long time friends make the shift to love because that chemistry starts up or shifts into action. Then , you go from loving someone as a person to being in love with them. Yes, chemistry and beauty fades after time, kids, work, etc. However, if you never had that spark or chemistry it doesn't make for a great relationship either. Plus, in those moments when your sick or the kids have taken over your life it's the memory of that passionate chemistry that can get you through those rough times reminding you of how you fell in love and felt for each other. That passionate chemistry develops into a deeper love, and the memory of that passion reinforces it during times when you can't show it as often as you used to.

Also, it's great to have many things in common and enjoy the same things you do with friends in a husband. However, if your husband is open to some of the things you like your friends can supply the rest. However, if you just have the commonalities in common but not the passion with your husband what makes that person different than any of your other friends? What's important is that hopefully you have both. You at least want to have passion along with someone who is your soulmate an dis there for you when you need them. Sometimes the friend prtion of your mate is not that you have all the same things in common but, more so he is your frined in tha he is there for you in whatever you need. He is the person you can always turn to and he's there to support and care for you. Then, you have your best friends to make you laugh, entertain you, and share other commonalities with. Yes, there are solid lasting relationships that start out as friends. Some of those relationships also end just as quickly once they become full blown romance. There are also solid lasting relationships that started with tons of lust, chemistry and even a bit of love at first sight. It's not mutually exclusive. What it's really about is the individuals involved and what they are willing to put into the relationship to make it work. Roberto has shown himself to have tons of chemistry with Ali. However, he's also shown himself to be someone who wants to take care of ALi and make sure her needs are taken care of and looked after. I don't see Roberto after the chemistry has tamed, not being there for Ali in the middle of the night when the baby has colic, etc. His caring, nature, cultural background, and upbringing by his military father make it highly unlikely that Roberto wouldn't be there for Ali even after lust fades. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by nikkij_26; 07-21-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: forgot Chris info

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3995246;

I think what people are seeing is ALi's cold feet. She facing the decision to take the risk to go for love and see if the fairytale she has with Roberto is real at the FRC. She's nervous about it as was demonstrated by how she reacted when Roberto toldher he was falling for her and she was scared he was going to tell her something bad. I think after the Frank debacle that nervousness will increase. However, that intimacy and feeling was still there as was made evidence by TPTB editing out so much of the Island part of their date. Ali's interview where she said the heart shaped island was the most romantic date, things got steamy, and she apologized to her parents for what they might see attested to that.

This bolded part higlights the point I've had this whole time. People have said lust/chemistry is not the way to have a relationship it's better to be friends first. I didn't know that these things were mutually exclusive. Most relationships start out with some form of lust or chemistry. Even those relationships that are arranged or spring up between long time friends make the shift to love because that chemistry starts up or shifts into action. Then , you go from loving someone as a person to being in love with them. Yes, chemistry and beauty fades after time, kids, work, etc. However, if you never had that spark or chemistry it doesn't make for a great relationship either. Plus, in those moments when your sick or the kids have taken over your life it's the memory of that passionate chemistry that can get you through those rough times reminding you of how you fell in love and felt for each other. That passionate chemistry develops into a deeper love, and the memory of that passion reinforces it during times when you can't show it as often as you used to.

Also, it's great to have many things in common and enjoy the same things you do with friends in a husband. However, if your husband is open to some of the things you like your friends can supply the rest. However, if you just have the commonalities in common but not the passion with your husband what makes that person different than any of your other friends? What's important is that hopefully you have both. You at least want to have passion along with someone who is your soulmate an dis there for you when you need them. Sometimes the friend prtion of your mate is not that you have all the same things in common but, more so he is your frined in tha he is there for you in whatever you need. He is the person you can always turn to and he's there to support and care for you. Then, you have your best friends to make you laugh, entertain you, and share other commonalities with. Yes, there are solid lasting relationships that start out as friends. Some of those relationships also end just as quickly once they become full blown romance. There are also solid lasting relationships that started with tons of lust, chemistry and even a bit of love at first sight. It's not mutually exclusive. What it's really about is the individuals involved and what they are willing to put into the relationship to make it work. Roberto has shown himself to have tons of chemistry with Ali. However, he's also shown himself to be someone who wants to take care of ALi and make sure her needs are taken care of and looked after. I don't see Roberto after the chemistry has tamed, not being there for Ali in the middle of the night when the baby has colic, etc. His caring, nature, cultural background, and upbringing by his military father make it highly unlikely that Roberto wouldn't be there for Ali even after lust fades. Just my thoughts.

A very thoughtful beautiful post. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3994580;
    The chemistry edit has never been F1. The sweet edit (Tessa, Jen, Ryan) has been the F1 many, many, many times. Granted under different editors, but it's happened.
    I want my 15 minutes of FAME
    I am going out on a limb here, and I hope someone will back me up, because I know hate mail will be coming... If I am wrong about who Ali chooses in the end, I will be the first to say so....

I knew it was Jesse, when everyone was telling me off, I stuck by my guns. I knew from the moment Mary walked in on Byrons season it was her, the way their eyes connected. I knew it was Tessa never Beven, I am 100% in my mind it is Roberto or no one.
    I watched this show for years. There is an order to things. First of all Roberto got teh ocean, Chris got the hot tub. Yes even i Faltered when I saw his room, and she was rolling all over chris, he was pulling her on top. Granted she did not put up a fuss. In most of the screen caps SHE is fully wrapped around Roberto, In Chris' he is wrapped around her. In the FD her lips are open to ROberto see SC her lips are tight and closed with CHris. I love Chris, but he hasn't been out in a year and a half, don't think Ali is old enough for him.
    Now even tho I am a ROberto Fan, If she did choose CHris it would be okay. Also on a poll 32% of the people voting says she will pick CHris over Roberto-15% say she chooses ROberto, and 30% says no one. Between Chris and ROberto is a dead give away, the producers did what they set out to do, make the majority think Chris is the one. They made you think Jason was the one with D and Charlie with Trista.
    I am just saying if SHe chose Chris L then I would have to wonder why she didn't kiss him the way she kissed Frank or ROberto. I was always worried about Frank, her body language is right on for romance, and there is a lot more going on with Roberto than hot stuff...even tho imho that might be the case also. Is this okay to post here?

FORT Newbie

I agree Meatball. There is no denying the unspoken eye communication between Ali and Roberto. It's all there and it's hot! She is ga ga over him, and yes we have seen it before, especially with Meredith and Ian. That was the hottest of all the seasons of the Bach/or B'ette. There is no way Ali is feeling that for Roberto and then picking Chris. I just love Chris, but it looks like Roberto all the way.

posting this from the media thread

Buzz: Last night we saw the overnight dates — are they as awkward as they look?
    AF: So awkward! I shouldn't even say awkward, but you don't know what people are expecting. Because I'm offering a guy an overnight date card, that doesn't mean we're going to go in the room and take all of our clothes off and get into bed! Yes, I'm giving him an overnight card, but I am not the type of girl to be with one guy, and then a minute later be with another guy. I would never do that. Ever. It's not what people think it is. I don't know that I'm even necessarily ready to sleep next to a guy one night and then another guy the next night.
    Roberto's PI right before the FS (paraphrasing)

"I can't help but think this is the perfect setting to just relaaaax and spend time together away from everything...you know just enjoy the night" (he looks very at ease in this PI -- thanks for a/c )

this leads to the conclusion he wasn't Ali's FS awkward overnight visitor. Even before the FS he seemed to just expect to relax and spend time alone away from everything...

another observation: I thought ali was exceptionally sober and alert during her dinner with roberto. I don't know what this could mean but before the FS with chris L I noticed Ali was sipping on that drink heartily and she looked somewhat tipsy

in another interview Ali says she'll hold off from revealing when she knew who she was gonna pick till the end... I'm gonna call it as she knew from the moment she set eyes on Roberto it was him! this is a dead givaway so she's not going to reveal this little tidbit...

with George Lopez when he said go with Chris if you want to be a homeowner and not be stuck living with his mom forever...Ali says "You know what Roberto would say to that? 'aye dios mio!'" - for her to even begin to imagine how he would respond sounds so intimate let alone the fact that she said it in present tense and she seems to be brushing up on her spanish. Also another tidbit apparently Ali's sis teaches spanish - works nicely for the family-in-laws

Also!! Thanks for confirming the tear cookie5! Maybe i'll make a cap of it once I got the software set up again
    Last edited by emusha; 07-21-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    Team Alibeartito

nikkij26 Where can we see/read that interview about her most romantic date?

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3995246;

Regarding Chris' rising arc of storyline, his storyline had to rise in order for anyone to believe he was a real option in the F2 in light of the Frank situtation and her obvious feelings for Roberto. It also started rising so late, much later that hidden F1's of old, because their relationship didn't get to that couple stage really 'til then. Ali's comfort level on showing and sharing that intimacy level with didn't occur 'til then. Hence, the maybe too late issue.

Excellent post!! You just described perfectly everything that I feel is needed in a loving, together forever relationship. And what Roberto appears to be. I strongly believe that Roberto and Ali are happily together, and building a life together. Roberto seems so protective and loving of Ali...he has such a quiet self assured confidence, he seems very family oriented, very driven in his career, funloving, and just such a gentle, caring, calming, relaxed, keep it simple demeanour. Roberto would make a wonderful husband/life partner for a woman that he loved and loved him back...Ali! For people to claim that if she picks the wonderful Roberto it is wrong, well that is just in and of itself so very WRONG!!! Thanks for the great post!
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3995300;
    Excellent post!! You just described perfectly everything that I feel is needed in a loving, together forever relationship. And what Roberto appears to be. I strongly believe that Roberto and Ali are happily together, and building a life together. Roberto seems so protective and loving of Ali...he has such a quiet self assured confidence, he seems very family oriented, very driven in his career, funloving, and just such a gentle, caring, calming, relaxed, keep it simple demeanour. Roberto would make a wonderful husband/life partner for a woman that he loved and loved him back...Ali! For people to claim that if she picks the wonderful Roberto it is wrong, well that is just in and of itself so very WRONG!!! Thanks for the great post!
    Karey
    Also well said! He is the guy Ali usually does not date, but only dreams about. She realized the type of guy she usually dates is not the guy she should marry. I'm thinking she choose Roberto as well.