Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

  1. #2721
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3994379;
    THANK YOU Atem for saying this. Agency Intern doesn't mean he's going to just move to some location for 3 months and then go back to SC, it's not a "temp/summer" internship position. Per the experts at SF, you live and work in the zone you are assigned to. Intern just means that while working, he is waiting for an agency to open up in that zone.
    Of course not, as you said, it's someone awaiting an agency....however long that takes. But I haven't seen anyone say that he must await an agency in the zone in which he is currently working or that, now that his assignment is in California, he must give up awaiting the agency in South Carolina. My sister-in-law waited on her agency in my father-in-laws office...and I have no idea whether their two offices were in the same SF zone.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  2. #2722
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3994261;
    Do you work for State Farm? In reading what is involved in transferring even from one zone to another, it sounds fairly difficult. Transferring from one coast to another doesn't sound like something to take lightly.
    Also, there is the matter of the agency which has to open up.
    Roberto was on the waiting list for the agency to open up in SC. The man was retiring in the New Year. With the transfer, he is back on the waiting list.

    Of course, none of this means he is F1, but it sure does make me step back and look at this a little more closely.
    Why is he giving up a sure thing to take a few steps back and start again in California?
    BTW, it is my understanding that the agencies open up upon a retirement or a death, and of course there would always be a waiting list.
    no, not State Farm, but if for some reason as a Company it was felt a certan individual would best help an agency succeed, the Company would guide and assist the individual become equipped in the new zone. Agencies don't only open up upon retirement or death. People quit. People move. People get sick. All kinds of things happen. BUt sorry, Ihaven't been following closely enough to know what his exact position and qualifications are. I"m just saying, it's possible he's simply moved for work, or because he likes California, or he has another love interest. I really don't think RS is wrong. He's sure Ali is currently single.

  3. #2723
    FORT Regular windymama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by beader;3994414;
    I'm sure they know the whole story. They may have known before the RC, or she may have told them right after the RC, but I'll bet that they knew that day. I think Ali was just trying to handle it nicely and not get upset. She could have said, "That weasel Frank just up and told me he is in love with a girl in Chicago and has already been filmed getting back with her." I'll bet she did that off camera. Or, maybe she did it on camera on one of the many shoots they do, and it was left on the edit room floor.
    I agree. She told them about Frank sometime before heading over to Bora Bora.

  4. #2724
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by beader;3994414;
    I'm sure they know the whole story. They may have known before the RC, or she may have told them right after the RC, but I'll bet that they knew that day. I think Ali was just trying to handle it nicely and not get upset. She could have said, "That weasel Frank just up and told me he is in love with a girl in Chicago and has already been filmed getting back with her." I'll bet she did that off camera. Or, maybe she did it on camera on one of the many shoots they do, and it was left on the edit room floor.
    Ali keeps harping on them telling the whole truth. She should have seen each and told them herself. Plus, she lied when she said that neither was a default choice. Flat out lie.

  5. #2725
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3994415;
    Of course not, as you said, it's someone awaiting an agency....however long that takes. But I haven't seen anyone say that he must await an agency in the zone in which he is currently working or that, now that his assignment is in California, he must give up awaiting the agency in South Carolina. My sister-in-law waited on her agency in my father-in-laws office...and I have no idea whether their two offices were in the same SF zone.
    Per Maryhse and Kat4carolina's information, it is a very big deal to get transferred to to a completely different part of the country. No one forced him to givce up the agency, i'm assuming that was his decision. Although both SF experts did say that there would have to be a very good reason for him not to accept the agency in SC. Most importantly, they said that if you're transferring regions like he is, there's pretty much zero chance of him doing work in SC. That was pretty clear to me but you might know more because of your sister in law's position.

  6. #2726
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3994437;
    Ali keeps harping on them telling the whole truth. She should have seen each and told them herself. Plus, she lied when she said that neither was a default choice. Flat out lie.
    I don't really see what the big deal is - you think if she had given them more details on the Frank thing before the rose ceremony it would have impacted their decision to accept the rose or not? I do agree that she should have left the part about being the default F2 out, since obviously that wasn't true

  7. #2727
    FORT Fan Sweeeeet!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    180

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3994263;
    I think she said something like: "I want to make sure I put it on right" regarding the rose. She seemed to have a bit of trouble pinning it on.
    She said something like that to Chris. With Roberto, she said, "Poor thing." (because he's sweating so badly), thne he said, "I'm sorry." -- That's soo cute, I might add.
    Last edited by Sweeeeet!; 07-20-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo
    Team ROBERTO

  8. #2728
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3994442;
    Per Maryhse and Kat4carolina's information, it is a very big deal to get transferred to to a completely different part of the country. No one forced him to givce up the agency, i'm assuming that was his decision. Although both SF experts did say that there would have to be a very good reason for him not to accept the agency in SC. Most importantly, they said that if you're transferring regions like he is, there's pretty much zero chance of him doing work in SC. That was pretty clear to me but you might know more because of your sister in law's position.
    I pretty much think he went to California because that's where he wants to work (and it's anybody's guess why he wants to work there now, but at least one of those reasons is obvious.) I would also guess that he's probably opted out of the agency in SC because he wants to stay in California beyond January. But, I wouldn't rule out SC altogether unless I knew that was not a possibility -- I hadn't (haven't) seen anyone say "No way can he work in CA as an intern if he wants to accept his own agency in SC when it becomes available."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  9. #2729
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    276

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3994450;
    I don't really see what the big deal is - you think if she had given them more details on the Frank thing before the rose ceremony it would have impacted their decision to accept the rose or not? I do agree that she should have left the part about being the default F2 out, since obviously that wasn't true
    Maybe by then she figured she wouldn't have picked Frank as one of the F2 anyway. Thus, neither R or C was a default F2. Yes, she said Frank would have met her parents, but we don't know if that was initial "hurt" reaction or something she still felt the next day after he left. I just hate to call something an out and out lie based on what we see/hear on this show. But that's just my opinion.....

  10. #2730
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Roberto - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3994450;
    I don't really see what the big deal is - you think if she had given them more details on the Frank thing before the rose ceremony it would have impacted their decision to accept the rose or not? I do agree that she should have left the part about being the default F2 out, since obviously that wasn't true
    It's my problem. I'm just stating how I felt about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.