Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;3990554;
    Right. So is Savannah, but I know there is a hispanic enclave there. That said, it's not a group you'd get a lot of insurance business out of.
    There is a huge hispanic population in Ga. and believe it or not the Southern zone is in real need of Spanish speaking agents. There are very few in comparison to english and most are Independent Agencies, who hire hispanic's or bi-lingual. That is not to say SF does not have Spanish speaking employees, or Hispanics, it just means Spanish speaking individuals are in demand here.
    I don't know if he wants to reach the Hispanic population so much, I think he would be happy to sell LIfe insurance and Bank Loans, anyone working for the COmpany knows what I mean.
    In other words I just don't see him moving to reach Hispanics all the way to California, when he could reach them just as well in Tampa. I think California might have the Cherry on the Sundae...

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball;3990598;
    There is a huge hispanic population in Ga. and believe it or not the Southern zone is in real need of Spanish speaking agents. There are very few in comparison to english and most are Independent Agencies, who hire hispanic's or bi-lingual. That is not to say SF does not have Spanish speaking employees, or Hispanics, it just means Spanish speaking individuals are in demand here.
    I don't know if he wants to reach the Hispanic population so much, I think he would be happy to sell LIfe insurance and Bank Loans, anyone working for the COmpany knows what I mean.
    In other words I just don't see him moving to reach Hispanics all the way to California, when he could reach them just as well in Tampa. I think California might have the Cherry on the Sundae...
    Yeah, I would think he would just wait for something available in the Florida area and spread it there, right? I mean, he's really close to that family and has all his friends there.

I'm hoping the whole thing is wrong and he's still with the Southern Zone...I don't care for California anyway.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990588;
    I just don't see this fitting in to State Farm -- he can't "jump the line" of agents awaiting their own agency because he's now famous. Nor can he write insurance for everyone who likes the looks of him....as nice as that might be.
    Just another speculation about reason for Roberto's possible "move" to CA. SF is looking for more bi-lingual agents in CA and he fits the bill!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3990543;
    Charleston is very much all about "old money" and is not very diverse. If he really wanted to reach a latino population, then CA, FL, or TX would be better served for that purpose.
    Charleston isn't what it once was in regards to "Old Money" by a long shot and it is diverse, where did you get that information? The Latino population is growing by leaps and bounds in the SC Lowcountry.

My opinion based in knowing the insurance business, he had it made in Charleston as a new agent. He'd have to have a VERY good reason to relocate to CA, if thats what he is doing, then just to reach a larger segment of the Latino population or to be on DWTS. It's like giving up the pot of gold to ride the rainbow again just for the heck of it. I could be wrong, but it makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3990613;
    Charleston isn't what it once was in regards to "Old Money" by a long shot and it is diverse, where did you get that information? The Latino population is growing by leaps and bounds in the SC Lowcountry.

My opinion based in knowing the insurance business, he had it made in Charleston as a new agent. He'd have to have a VERY good reason to relocate to CA, if thats what he is doing, then just to reach a larger segment of the Latino population or to be on DWTS. It's like giving up the pot of gold to ride the rainbow again just for the heck of it. I could be wrong, but it makes no sense to me.
    It makes no sense to me, either. Even a permanent relationship with Ali doesn't require this and it just doesn't fit in with who.he.is. I'm not talking about his edit, but his personal accomplishments.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990623;
    It makes no sense to me, either. Even a permanent relationship with Ali doesn't require this and it just doesn't fit in with who.he.is. I'm not talking about his edit, but his personal accomplishments.

I don't know if he is moving to CA and if he is if its for Ali. But if he is paving the way to move there I would say the only reason would be for Ali. I don't believe he would give up what he has here in SC on a sudden longing to have a Latino based clientele or for DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3990468;
    We looked at that possibility as well. According to the experts, it is unusual for an agent to sell in two states, and when he/she does ( he/she is usually quite experienced), the two states are neighboring states. It is very unusual.
    Therefore, we don't think this scenario fits the beginning out Roberto with the across coasts states of SC and Ca.

Next, he would be giving up an agency in SC that is coming open in the New Year.
    As it is, we don't know that he is on a list for an agency in California yet.
    This is not true, I work for an agent who is licensed in 38 states besides the one he is based in.

Quote Originally Posted by George1218;3990647;
    This is not true, I work for an agent who is licensed in 38 states besides the one he is based in.
    Is he a state Farm agent? And since you work for him, are you licensed in all 38 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3990652;
    Is he a state Farm agent? And since you work for him, are you licensed in all 38 as well?
    No, the lead agent whom owns the company is the only one licensed in more than one state. All of the other agents in the company are only licensed in our home state but all agents who work for our agency can sell insurance in any of the 38 states. We are an independant agency.

I don't see how being licensed in multiple states really would work in with State Farm's territory thing. Overlaps would have agents drawing business away from one another. An independent agency wouldn't have this issue.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.