Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;3990539;
    Since I've known he was in Charleston I've wondered about that. SC has a very small latino population, to the point I wonder if it wouldn't be counterproductive to try have a successful insurance business there. I don't know specifically about Charleston if there's a hispanic enclave there or not. California sounds like a great place for him to use his language skills, heritage and charisma to his advantage. Perhaps he found a better opportunity?

Charleston is very much all about "old money" and is not very diverse. If he really wanted to reach a latino population, then CA, FL, or TX would be better served for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3990543;
    Charleston is very much all about "old money" and is not very diverse. If he really wanted to reach a latino population, then CA, FL, or TX would be better served for that purpose.
    Okay. Now this is beginning to make a lot more sense to me.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Since I've known he was in Charleston I've wondered about that. SC has a very small latino population, to the point I wonder if it wouldn't be counterproductive to try have a successful insurance business there. I don't know specifically about Charleston if there's a hispanic enclave there or not. California sounds like a great place for him to use his language skills, heritage and charisma to his advantage. Perhaps he found a better opportunity?

If anyone in the state farm pr department is paying attention, they will want him set up to take advantage of all the pr off this thing when it concludes.
    "Set up" in what way?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3990543;
    Right. So is Savannah, but I know there is a hispanic enclave there. That said, it's not a group you'd get a lot of insurance business out of.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990551;
    "Set up" in what way?
    All his ducks in a row...an office where the famous Roberto could be reached to buy some insurance from.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-19-2010 at 11:14 AM.

We shall see.

Is there info that's leading us to think he was trying to target a diverse population to begin with?

also - is there a consensus on the best livestream for tomorrow's show
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3990444;
    Okay. Has anyone entertained the possibility that he just wants to move to California and this has nothing to do with Ali?
    I've said that a few times and speculated he would go for being on DWTS.

His father said during the HTD he always had huge dreams for himself, and he obviously didn't mind leaving Florida for S.C. He's got no ties in S.C. other than State Farm that we know of, he rents (does not own his home there, according to public records) and I wouldn't be surprised if he went on the show in the first place dreaming of bigger things.

I think if S.C. was a big deal to him, his HTD would have been there and his parents would have flown in, like Jesse C.'s flew to Breckenridge from Ohio.

I can't recall a single conversation between Ali and Roberto about S.C. and it would be a huge risk for her to agree to move there from a place as cosmopolitan as San Francisco without ever having been there. While Jillian had never been to Chicago, everyone knows Chicago and what it's like. S.C. would be a total unknown for her.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3990436;
    Maybe he's going to do DWTS (sorry, but Ali can't dance and looked like Holly Madison and Denise Richards, sans a large chest, when Roberto danced with her in Portugal) and wants to earn some income while he's waiting for DWTS to begin the new season.
    I LOVE the DWTS idea. lol

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;3990558;
    All his ducks in a row...an office where the famous Roberto could be reached to buy some insurance from.
    I just don't see this fitting in to State Farm -- he can't "jump the line" of agents awaiting their own agency because he's now famous. Nor can he write insurance for everyone who likes the looks of him....as nice as that might be.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

If anyone in the state farm pr department is paying attention, they will want him set up to take advantage of all the pr off this thing when it concludes.
    There are Hispanic enclaves in areas of Charleston, such as in Goose Creek, Ladson, Hanahan, etc. Nothing like you would find in FL, but there are some. Being able to speak spanish is still a big commodity here and would serve him well.

Also, SF is a highly regarded company around here and is highly recommended to home buyers that do not currently have an insurance company. If Sullivans Island is the area he was slated to work in, it is a nice beach community with many $1+ million homes. It is also right down from Isle of Palms which is another beach community with large expensive beachfront homes. There are large numbers of both full time residents and people who own 2nd homes from areas such as DC, NY, Boston, Ohio.

There are lots of opportunities to sell policies too! I have never seen anything in this area that would make me think that Roberto would not be very prosperous in the area.
    Last edited by xseannax; 07-18-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    The problem with rag mags is that when people like what is printed then they think they are reliable, and when people don't like it they like to drag out all the former stories that were wrong