Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Okay. Has anyone entertained the possibility that he just wants to move to California and this has nothing to do with Ali?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3990436;
    Maybe he's going to do DWTS (sorry, but Ali can't dance and looked like Holly Madison and Denise Richards, sans a large chest, when Roberto danced with her in Portugal) and wants to earn some income while he's waiting for DWTS to begin the new season.
    If that's true (and I do think it's possible), it won't fly well with most of the audience and some of the show's people. I think a lot of females would like Roberto, but most of the fans online seem to hate people from these shows invading that show. I concur, actually. There's even an article on E!'s website this past Friday interviewing Tony Dovolani (one of the pros; was paired with Melissa), and he said they've had enough people from the Bach franchise on. Funny, considering his best partner since Stacy Kiebler was Melissa, but even he is sick of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3990444;
    Okay. Has anyone entertained the possibility that he just wants to move to California and this has nothing to do with Ali?
    He seems really close with his family and was excited about the agency in SC.

FORT Fogey

We looked at that possibility as well. According to the experts, it is unusual for an agent to sell in two states, and when he/she does ( he/she is usually quite experienced), the two states are neighboring states. It is very unusual.
    Therefore, we don't think this scenario fits the beginning out Roberto with the across coasts states of SC and Ca.

Next, he would be giving up an agency in SC that is coming open in the New Year.
    As it is, we don't know that he is on a list for an agency in California yet.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3990468;
    We looked at that possibility as well. According to the experts, it is unusual for an agent to sell in two states, and when he/she does ( he/she is usually quite experienced), the two states are neighboring states. It is very unusual.
    Therefore, we don't think this scenario fits the beginning out Roberto with the across coasts states of SC and Ca.

Next, he would be giving up an agency in SC that is coming open in the New Year.
    Perhaps an agency opened up in Cali or something like that? I don't know. This is all very strange and nutty to me. We'll see how it goes down but I'm feeling uneasy, to say the least.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3990468;

No, that's true, but if Kat4carolina is looking at current information, he has a job, in some capacity, in California. Maybe just passing the next few months and returning to SC to take over the agency there as planned. Which gives him a few months to keep moving forward with our lovely lead.

I'm wracking my brain to think of a spanation that doesn't say "Well, duh, he's going to California and it's because of Ali" and I can't really come up with anything that works.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3990472;
    Perhaps an agency opened up in Cali or something like that? I don't know. This is all very strange and nutty to me. We'll see how it goes down but I'm feeling uneasy, to say the least.
    They have a waiting list on those agencies. Somebody has to die or retire in order for someone in Roberto's position to "inherit" the agency. I don't understand the rest of it, but it isn't Easy Street from there either from what we were told. They can make a lot of money, but they have to work their hineys off.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

If he decided he wanted to gear his agency to a Latino clientele, California would make a lot of sense.

I suspect if he ends up F1, he will be getting a ton of press in Latino media which is quite prevalent in California, southern Ca particularly. Every paper and station will want an interview...he'll be something of a "hero/role model" even to those who have never heard of the Bachelorette.

I'll say one other thing about the CA license. I find it strange it only lists Roberto having a license in Life and no other lines. According to the SC DOI when I checked it a few weeks ago he was listed as being licensed in all lines if insurance. No idea what that could mean. Maybe he has a job in CA that only entails life insurance. He would have to have a license in all lines to have an agency no matter what company he was with. Or maybe the other lines of licensing will follow. I tried to search the SC DOI to see if that changed but the search came back that they were down until 12 am for servicing.

FORT fan

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;3990503;
    If he decided he wanted to gear his agency to a Latino clientele, California would make a lot of sense.

I suspect if he ends up F1, he will be getting a ton of press in Latino media which is quite prevalent in California, southern Ca particularly. Every paper and station will want an interview...he'll be something of a "hero/role model" even to those who have never heard of the Bachelorette.
    Since I've known he was in Charleston I've wondered about that. SC has a very small latino population, to the point I wonder if it wouldn't be counterproductive to try have a successful insurance business there. I don't know specifically about Charleston if there's a hispanic enclave there or not. California sounds like a great place for him to use his language skills, heritage and charisma to his advantage. Perhaps he found a better opportunity?

If anyone in the state farm pr department is paying attention, they will want him set up to take advantage of all the pr off this thing when it concludes.
    Last edited by needsalife; 07-18-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: more info