Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3990347;
    My thanks to you - In my opinion only, you have said that it is not the norm for SF agents to be licensed in several states - in other words, as I see what you are saying - RM is now licensed (or working on it by getting the non-residence license) in the state of Cali. I take it from there that he will be living in Cali in order to write insurance there. Since he is licensed in SC - SC is a long way from Cali and not a commute to another nearby state to sell SF's products. Looks straight forward to me. Moving from one coast to the other to sell SF products without a base seems not a good move, that is unless you are moving to start your life with someone - namely Ali.
    If it quacks like a duck....

He sure LOOKS like a guy who is going to be doing something in California, that's for sure.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerl;3990353;
    Couldn't it be plausible that RM is not F1 and has accepted to be the next Bach? By doing so a move to Cali to begin some prep stuff will allow him to continue his training at SF and get ready for Bach without taking more time away from training so that he'll have an agency when all said and done.
    A SF job is beyond a full time job.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3990230;
    The only thing I can add at this point is that I don't know why the information wouldn't be the same. I have no idea if there are separate updates in different regions. I've never paid that much attention to it. I do know there can be separate problems computer related so I guess it could be the same throughout.

As far as agents being licensed in multiple states, that is not the norm with SF. And if they are then it would be because they would have a large client base elsewhere, such as living close enough to a bordering state to make it worthwhile to not only license yourself in another state but your staff as well. I, personally, have never met an agent licensed in more than one state and I have worked for three different SF agents in the last 26 years and met countless others. So although it is possible, logically, it doesn't make sense to me with a company like SF.

Just my two cents. And please know I am looking at this impartially.
    For what its worth, my uncle and cousins are all three agents with another nationwide insurance company. Each is only licensed in the state where their office is located.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990361;
    If it quacks like a duck....

He sure LOOKS like a guy who is going to be doing something in California, that's for sure.
    Or someone!

Gosh. I'm hilarious! I know.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Just a thought to add to this mess.
    Were any of the Bachs Ca. residents that perhaps would like to lend a hand to a newbie by having him write a policy for them? Given what Maryhse has said this may be totally off the tale but it is an idea.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerl;3990353;
    Couldn't it be plausible that RM is not F1 and has accepted to be the next Bach? By doing so a move to Cali to begin some prep stuff will allow him to continue his training at SF and get ready for Bach without taking more time away from training so that he'll have an agency when all said and done.
    In my opinion only, not plausible - I know of no other potential bachelor who has moved in order to "get ready for Bach." Not when he already has an agency in SC come January. He would stay in SC, continue putting forth his energies until filming began. Remember, once filming is over in November, he would still be able to have his agency in SC once the person retires. Why would he want to chance loosing a sure thing in SC come January for starting over in Cali - unless of course, there was a very good reason to want to start over. Just asking - I find it hard, very hard to believe he would give up a sure thing, just to go to Cali to film the bachelor --

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3990391;
    In my opinion only, not plausible - I know of no other potential bachelor who has moved in order to "get ready for Bach." Not when he already has an agency in SC come January. He would stay in SC, continue putting forth his energies until filming began. Remember, once filming is over in November, he would still be able to have his agency in SC once the person retires. Why would he want to chance loosing a sure thing in SC come January for starting over in Cali - unless of course, there was a very good reason to want to start over. Just asking - I find it hard, very hard to believe he would give up a sure thing, just to go to Cali to film the bachelor --
    I am not sure even that would work. I was told that Roberto did the Bachelor with State Farm's approval, and that he would have their approval to do other things - while he was waiting for his agency to open.

If he were to do The Bachelor while he waited on his agency in SC to open in January, and the filming stopped in November, that would only be the beginning of the publicity. He would need in January to do the spate of media appearances. This would be the exact time he would be trying to get his "book" started with his new agency, and it is my understanding that is a lot of time and hard work.

I just don't think The Bachelor and the new agency in SC is going to work for Roberto.

We need to explore why he is opting for California, but he is still going to have the same problems with time and effort if he tries to do both SF and the Bachelor according to what our SF experts are telling us if he is involved with an agency opening there as well.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3990391;
    Thanks, your explanation is very logical. I guess we'll know more as time goes on what is his reason beyond all the speculaton!

ETA: Thanks too, Bloomers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3990419;
    I am not sure even that would work. I was told that Roberto did the Bachelor with State Farm's approval, and that he would have their approval to do other things - while he was waiting for his agency to open.

If he were to do The Bachelor while he waited on his agency in SC to open in January, and the filming stopped in November, that would only be the beginning of the publicity. He would need in January to do the spate of media appearances. This would be the exact time he would be trying to get his "book" started with his new agency, and it is my understanding that is a lot of time and hard work.

I just don't think The Bachelor and the new agency in SC is going to work for Roberto.

We need to explore why he is opting for California, but he is still going to have the same problems with time and effort if he tries to do both SF and the Bachelor according to what our SF experts are telling us if he is involved with an agency opening there as well.
    Maybe he's going to do DWTS (sorry, but Ali can't dance and looked like Holly Madison and Denise Richards, sans a large chest, when Roberto danced with her in Portugal) and wants to earn some income while he's waiting for DWTS to begin the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3990384;
    Just a thought to add to this mess.
    Were any of the Bachs Ca. residents that perhaps would like to lend a hand to a newbie by having him write a policy for them? Given what Maryhse has said this may be totally off the tale but it is an idea.

It would hardly be worth the trouble for anything less than hundreds of policies...it requires too much work to maintain an insurance license in another state for anything less. Not only do you have to meet all the requirements to get licensed, you then have to have a minimum (how many depends on each state in SC it's 24) CE hrs every two years to renew them and keep them current. You would also have to keep up with all the changing insurance laws and regulations in each state, which is ever changing. Not only that, but just trying to imagine having two different computer systems for each state seems too much as well. THEN you have to do the same for your staff. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.