Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990028;
    One reason he might get a CA license that has nothing to do with the show, Ali or an engagement is that he might have clients there, and he needs a CA license to write for them there. That's why the distinction is (trying to be) drawn between having a license there (which he does) and being assigned to work there by State Farm (which is unclear.)
    If he just needs a license to write for clients there, he must have just got these clients, but I thought he was just sitting around waiting for someone to retire. I don't think it is that important. if he moves he is license in CA, if he stays he is license in SC, everthing else can be worked out. 'Covers all bases'

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990028;
    One reason he might get a CA license that has nothing to do with the show, Ali or an engagement is that he might have clients there, and he needs a CA license to write for them there. That's why the distinction is (trying to be) drawn between having a license there (which he does) and being assigned to work there by State Farm (which is unclear.)
    So when did he get these clients, when he was in Cali doing the bachelorette show.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3990161;
    So when did he get these clients, when he was in Cali doing the bachelorette show.
    No clue. It was an example of a reason that an insurance agent might want an out-of-state license, one that has nothing to do with moving there or having a girlfriend/fiance there. (Again I don't know if State Farm even allows this.)
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3990046;
    I think it's interesting that Roberto's license term runs from 8/01/10 to 7/31/12. It starts the day before the FRC/ATFR airs, lol. I was looking at their processing time for licenses on the Dept of Insurance website. They process them fairly quickly. An example would be if received/cashiered July 6th they would be Processed week of July 12th.
    Wonder if there is any chance that Roberto thought that by applying for a start date of August 1 (one day before FRC), that it might not show up prior to then?!?!? Makes even more sense!!!

The only thing I can add at this point is that I don't know why the information wouldn't be the same. I have no idea if there are separate updates in different regions. I've never paid that much attention to it. I do know there can be separate problems computer related so I guess it could be the same throughout.

As far as agents being licensed in multiple states, that is not the norm with SF. And if they are then it would be because they would have a large client base elsewhere, such as living close enough to a bordering state to make it worthwhile to not only license yourself in another state but your staff as well. I, personally, have never met an agent licensed in more than one state and I have worked for three different SF agents in the last 26 years and met countless others. So although it is possible, logically, it doesn't make sense to me with a company like SF.

Just my two cents. And please know I am looking at this impartially.

Thank you, maryhse. I really appreciate the relevant SF information you and your fellow employees have been willing to share. It has been a big help to distinguish what is true versus what is speculation.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3990230;
    The only thing I can add at this point is that I don't know why the information wouldn't be the same. I have no idea if there are separate updates in different regions. I've never paid that much attention to it. I do know there can be separate problems computer related so I guess it could be the same throughout.

As far as agents being licensed in multiple states, that is not the norm with SF. And if they are then it would be because they would have a large client base elsewhere, such as living close enough to a bordering state to make it worthwhile to not only license yourself in another state but your staff as well. I, personally, have never met an agent licensed in more than one state and I have worked for three different SF agents in the last 26 years and met countless others. So although it is possible, logically, it doesn't make sense to me with a company like SF.

Thanks for your $.02 This just gets curiouser and curiouser...

Well, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's show. I'm really curious to see how everything goes down and exactly how much time they give to Frank's raining on Ali's parade. Just hope I'll be able to watch since I have to do it livestream while on vaca and the kids aren't always so accomodating.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3990315;
    Thanks for your $.02 This just gets curiouser and curiouser...

Well, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's show. I'm really curious to see how everything goes down and exactly how much time they give to Frank's raining on Ali's parade. Just hope I'll be able to watch since I have to do it livestream while on vaca and the kids aren't always so accomodating.
    Yipes. I hope things go ok and you can watch.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3990230;

My thanks to you - In my opinion only, you have said that it is not the norm for SF agents to be licensed in several states - in other words, as I see what you are saying - RM is now licensed (or working on it by getting the non-residence license) in the state of Cali. I take it from there that he will be living in Cali in order to write insurance there. Since he is licensed in SC - SC is a long way from Cali and not a commute to another nearby state to sell SF's products. Looks straight forward to me. Moving from one coast to the other to sell SF products without a base seems not a good move, that is unless you are moving to start your life with someone - namely Ali.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3990046;
    I think it's interesting that Roberto's license term runs from 8/01/10 to 7/31/12. It starts the day before the FRC/ATFR airs, lol. I was looking at their processing time for licenses on the Dept of Insurance website. They process them fairly quickly. An example would be if received/cashiered July 6th they would be Processed week of July 12th.
    Couldn't it be plausible that RM is not F1 and has accepted to be the next Bach? By doing so a move to Cali to begin some prep stuff will allow him to continue his training at SF and get ready for Bach without taking more time away from training so that he'll have an agency when all said and done.