Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3989989;
    I wish I knew more about this insurance company (funny, considering SF IS my insurance company )! To me, it seems like the database information would be consistent across state lines. The way I understood it before, it sounded like it was one big database accessible to SF employees. Very strange indeed.
    It's mine, too, and my sister-in-law is an agent in California. But, I'd cut off my own head before I'd ask her to give up anything about an employee or let her know that I even watch this show.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Meatball said she did'nt doubt what kat4carolina posted. So, like I said, we can only wait.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3989996;
    It's mine, too, and my sister-in-law is an agent in California. But, I'd cut off my own head before I'd ask her to give up anything about an employee or let her know that I even watch this show.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3989996;
    Our agent is the overbearing, obnoxious sort, and her staff vacillates between incompetent and rude, so I certainly will not be asking them for any tips on Roberto's status either. The deluge of calls and print ads hawking more stuff I do not need would only be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3989965;
    Yeah, I don't care about if he's on some list on SF, but if he's showing now as in the CA zone and not the Southern zone.

kat4carolina really seems legit to me as she was very excited and even e-mailed RS about his reaction.
    I don't see what's the big deal. I don't know anything about the insurance business, but if he has any kind of license, on a list or anything in insurance dealing with CA, in my opinion he's moving there...otherwise he would stay put where he's at. He would just pick back up from where he left.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3990025;
    I don't see what's the big deal. I don't know anything about the insurance business, but if he has any kind of license, on a list or anything in insurance dealing with CA, in my opinion he's moving there...otherwise he would stay put where he's at. He would just pick back up from where he left.
    One reason he might get a CA license that has nothing to do with the show, Ali or an engagement is that he might have clients there, and he needs a CA license to write for them there. That's why the distinction is (trying to be) drawn between having a license there (which he does) and being assigned to work there by State Farm (which is unclear.)
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3989970;
    What does Meatball mean by as of 4pm this afternoon he is listed as trainee agent SC coast?
    Without reading the rest of the posts after this one, it could easily mean that since he was granted a non-residence license in Cali on Friday, that since Saturday and Sunday are the two intervening days, the SC data base has not updated their information. Just because on Friday sometime, he was granted the non-residence license for Cali and is out of the Irvine office, does not mean that SC has had time to change their information. I know in the legal field that we can file and are granted the filing of a pleading by e-file in a court - however, it may take up to 3 days for that pleading to be shown in the court in which it was filed. Just because we file a pleading on time in a certain court whether federal or state court in a timely manner, it does not mean that it reaches the docket sheet for that particular court immediately. It takes in some cases up to 3 days for the actual pleading to be on line for all to access. What I'm trying to point out is that if he applied and was granted the right to write insurance in Cali, on Friday, South Carolina might not make the change in their directory until sometime this week. Am I as clear as mud -

I think it's interesting that Roberto's license term runs from 8/01/10 to 7/31/12. It starts the day before the FRC/ATFR airs, lol. I was looking at their processing time for licenses on the Dept of Insurance website. They process them fairly quickly. An example would be if received/cashiered July 6th they would be Processed week of July 12th.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3990028;
    One reason he might get a CA license that has nothing to do with the show, Ali or an engagement is that he might have clients there, and he needs a CA license to write for them there. That's why the distinction is (trying to be) drawn between having a license there (which he does) and being assigned to work there by State Farm (which is unclear.)
    Like a private investigator's license. At one time my husband had 5 of them in 5 different states in order to conduct investigations in those states. I work for lawyers licensed in multiple states for the same reasons. Of course lawyers can apply directly to the Courts of foreign states to represent someone in a case. Called special permission I believe, or something like that.

Roberto made a lot of connections on this show, including lots of people from California. Would be a good move for him to get a license in that state to pick up that extra business, that is if he isn't with Ali, which I frankly don't believe he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3990048;
    Like a private investigator's license. At one time my husband had 5 of them in 5 different states in order to conduct investigations in those states. I work for lawyers licensed in multiple states for the same reasons. Of course lawyers can apply directly to the Courts of foreign states to represent someone in a case. Called special permission I believe, or something like that.

Roberto made a lot of connections on this show, including lots of people from California. Would be a good move for him to get a license in that state to pick up that extra business, that is if he isn't with Ali, which I frankly don't believe he is.
    State Farm is territorial, so I just threw it out there as an example...without knowing whether it really would work within the boundaries of the way State Farm does business.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.