Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

moving this from the body language thread - maybe people would be more interested here ...

a couple of things that point to something that could potentially have been left out btw A&R

I've been trying to figure out how they could have been sitting in this setting...it looks weird to me!! she looks like she's turned all the way to face him from her sitting position to her upper back (which doesn't look like she's twisting around to face him) could she have her legs on his lap or something? this could be something they tried to hide from us by not giving us the front view and completely darkening the shot so we couldn't see how they were seated/were kissing etc...

After Ali tells Roberto 'you're a bit of a mystery to me right now' at the castle A&R were also holding hands constantly as they were talking or Ali was stroking his arm that was on her lap. that part is not shown clearly (my theory is that there's a reason we didn't get many front view shots that give us the whole picture or we'd get front view shots but only closing up on their faces)... their night time date with the cat showed how intimately they would sit together...and there's also an instant during their time on the baseball field where you can see Ali reach out her hand to the direction of his lap but it's zoomed in so you can't see it...

Then there's this pic from the night time date - obviously we didn't get to see the date at all but aside from that there was a piano behind and to the top right from where Ali and Roberto are sitting. just a thought that there might have been some music playing for that date as well

Team Alibeartito

Those are great caps. I love that cat scene.

She could have her legs on his lap. Also, didn't they have something covering them on their first date and that's why we didn't see if her legs tangled with his or not?

Sometimes I think he could be F1 and yet this show never makes sense in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3988696;
    Those are great caps. I love that cat scene.

She could have her legs on his lap. Also, didn't they have something covering them on their first date and that's why we didn't see if her legs tangled with his or not?

Sometimes I think he could be F1 and yet this show never makes sense in the end.
    Thanks atem! And I hadn't even thought about that before you mentioned it!

here're the caps in question

Here are the holding hands and hand stroking that I mentioned....as you can see the caps below get smaller because the camera is progressively zooming out as it goes... talk about hiding in plain sight - the darkening and zooming and camera angle are working their magic!

a few moments later (30seconds later...which is after a good amount of conversation has passed)

Last edited by emusha; 07-17-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fan

Screen caps are great! If I may just point something out re:commitment ceremony sourse & theories. During the HTD's Ali did PI's for both RM/Frank (in several diff outfits) & done later in LA. Her statement about "getting cold feet" is not a statement Ive ever heard someone refer to when they might be getting "engaged". This statement was directed towards Frank, although, they could have spliced that as it might have referenced another. IMO, people don't make discuss that unless a "marriage" is right around the corner or within days. Perhaps this is something that she may have discussed either off camara or otherwise. Any thoughts? Has anyone heard the same from someone "possibly" getting engaged? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie@this;3988769;
    Screen caps are great! If I may just point something out re:commitment ceremony sourse & theories. During the HTD's Ali did PI's for both RM/Frank (in several diff outfits) & done later in LA. Her statement about "getting cold feet" is not a statement Ive ever heard someone refer to when they might be getting "engaged". This statement was directed towards Frank, although, they could have spliced that as it might have referenced another. IMO, people don't make discuss that unless a "marriage" is right around the corner or within days. Perhaps this is something that she may have discussed either off camara or otherwise. Any thoughts? Has anyone heard the same from someone "possibly" getting engaged? Just curious.
    The "cold feet" statement is made about Roberto and it is made during his HTD in Tampa. She is wearing the clothes she wore on his HTD when she says it and doing it in the same place in Tampa. It is directed to Roberto not Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3988390;
    They had alone time in Iceland that was not shown and no matter how much Fleiss tried to "Frankendate" their alone time at the RC, it was obvious to me that they were very close.

Looking at the Aliberto hug pics from the blue lagoon, does it look like maybe Roberto jumped in before all the guys and still had his grey hat on? He did say he had never gotten his clothes off so fast because he was so excited. Well maybe what was thought of as some type of sponge was really his hat all wet and folded? What do you guys think?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by snowyglow12;3988841;
    Looking at the Aliberto hug pics from the blue lagoon, does it look like maybe Roberto jumped in before all the guys and still had his grey hat on? He did say he had never gotten his clothes off so fast because he was so excited. Well maybe what was thought of as some type of sponge was really his hat all wet and folded? What do you guys think?
    I think you're right! It's his hat. Good job!

It's interesting about CH saying she fell in love in Iceland and they hid this beautiful Ali and Roberto connection while there. They do say she has no poker face so maybe that is why. Clearly we missed a lot of their relationship. If she's single maybe it's to not throw Ali under the bus when she really put herself out there with Roberto. Maybe their edit of Roberto would be blown if they showed all that we missed. He prob wouldn't be such a mystery then. You can however tell by what Ali says much has been hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by TwobyTwo;3985616;
    Pic from In Touch

From what you all have found, she sure sounds like a keeper

I thought it was interesting that roberto had used the tips of his fingers for both these hugs...I remember in the beginning/1st dates this would be how he'd hug Ali until they'd developed a stronger connection...it could be telling about the kind of relationship/if any/ he had with gabriella

nocalgal yea he is a very confident man indeed ...though i also see him as calm quiet and a bit shy (by his own admission)
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3988986;

I thought it was interesting that roberto had used the tips of his fingers for both these hugs...I remember in the beginning/1st dates this would be how he'd hug Ali until they'd developed a stronger connection...it could be telling about the kind of relationship/if any/ he had with gabriella

nocalgal yea he is a very confident man indeed ...though i also see him as calm quiet and a bit shy (by his own admission)
    I agree it could be interesting to see but do we have any comparisons with how he would hold Ali now? Maybe that's just how he poses for pictures with women, it would be more telling if we had a posed pic of him and Ali from HTD, FD, LCD, etc.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City