Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3988217;
    it took him months to get situated in SC and he already made the decision to move away from family within the last 6months or so... in this new location he finally finished all training and is now ready to take over an office (for which there is a LOOOOOOng waitinglist) in Jan 2011 when the practising agent retires. He will be giving that up simply to go get on another waitinglist after making another decision in the past 6 months to just pick up and move?? doesn't add up does it?
    IA it is a good bit of circumstantial evidence to suggest that roberto may be moving to be with Ali. However I was suggesting that it is possible that SF want to exploit one of their assets and have their new celebrity SF agent in California to make them some $$$$.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3988206;
    Exactly. I'm very conflicted. It's too simple this way because it's what the edit is screaming but otherwise, we have so much pointing that it's the truth anyway- spoilers, license in CA, etc. are all pointing to a real F1 Roberto scenario. All I can think is that in the next three episodes, the tide is going to turn and they're going to try and convince that Chris is the F1. Otherwise, there is no surprise or mystery or suspense. Most of the audience think she's choosing Roberto and when she does choose him, everyone will be prepared for it.
    Regarding the bolded Alanna, I thought that it started last week at the hometown dates.......Alot of people I know thought that Chris' hometown date was the best, and they think he has a shot at the F1. I think the fantasy date will keep them on this track too.

IMO only, Roberto will always be looked at as a possibility to win in viewers minds because that's what Ali seems to be showing us. That he should/will be the F1. He also got the FIR and viewers remember that. He was invisible in the Iceland episode and the Turkey episode, and viewers still think he will be the F1. I think in order for MF to have him not be so obvious is to not have shown him at all and they can't do that. Maybe that's why they haven't shown much conversations between them, who knows. This is all just my opinion though. I kind of think Ali is single still too, but there is no doubt that she was interested in Roberto even if she doesn't choose him.

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;3988226;
    IA it is a good bit of circumstantial evidence to suggest that roberto may be moving to be with Ali. However I was suggesting that it is possible that SF want to exploit one of their assets and have their new celebrity SF agent in California to make them some $$$$.
    I find that a really hard pill to swallow that a huge insurance company like SF with thousands of agents/employees could up and make preferential treatment for one of their newly minted agents/just finishing intership/training and scooting him off into a new land because of his newly garnered d-list semi-celebrity status - sounds a bit unfair and going into the legal realm TB isn't really that big of a deal with the whole picture in mind for them to do that...

Even Ali wasn't getting preferential treatment by a new age new media company like facebook that's completely in tune with things new, young and trendy...let alone a traditional, family-oriented company like SF

plus he's giving up an already assigned office to him...why would SF go through the trouble of assigning him in the first place if they had plans for him as insurance agent for the stars?
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3988181;
    wait a minute... that doesn't even make sense. You must have meant he had to get a license in CA in order to get an Agency. I can't see the great state of California making all those who underwrite insurance move to another state to underwrite for CA? The non-residence part of the nomenclature means he is exactly that, a non-resident. I hold 2 licenses in two different states (in a different profession mind you), but... the state that I reside in is my residential license but I can practice freely in either state that I happen to be in. I do pay more for my non-residential license and I must meet their criteria to maintain that said license.

I wouldn't be surprised that MF helped to facilitate the means and ways for this new licensure.
    You are right. I could hold a liscense in my state and a nonresident liscense in CA and then write a policy for one of my insured's second home in CA. I can't move to CA and write insurance in CA simply with a nonresident liscense. The nonresident liscense allows me the opportunity to apply for one with only some minor additional courses. No one can open a CA agency with a nonresident liscense.

FWIW The Ali and Roberto love story is the only one I see. I hope for once in the middle of this mess we get a real love story and he moves to CA, opens an agency, she gets her dream job, and they live happily ever after. AMEN
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3988245;

plus he's giving up an already assigned office to him...why would SF go through the trouble of assigning him in the first place if they had plans for him as insurance agent for the stars?
    My! My! Everyone seems a little touchy on here today! My original post said that it is more likely that he is moving to CA for Ali. Of course i'm not suggesting that SF had plans for Roberto to go on the TB and for him to become famous so he could be Insurance agent to the stars! But maybe just maybe they went with the flow...He is obviously a valuable employee who has by all accounts fast tracked his way to be next in line for an agency in SC. He has come across with integrity and professionalism on the show. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that SF could pull some strings for a new poster boy.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

not touchy at all reid'scool (love ur nickname btw!) no ammunition in my post aside from the argument for/against the way i saw IHMO i don't think that scenario is feasible simply cos of the reasons i stated... that's all
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3988229;
    Regarding the bolded Alanna, I thought that it started last week at the hometown dates.......Alot of people I know thought that Chris' hometown date was the best, and they think he has a shot at the F1. I think the fantasy date will keep them on this track too.

IMO only, Roberto will always be looked at as a possibility to win in viewers minds because that's what Ali seems to be showing us. That he should/will be the F1. He also got the FIR and viewers remember that. He was invisible in the Iceland episode and the Turkey episode, and viewers still think he will be the F1. I think in order for MF to have him not be so obvious is to not have shown him at all and they can't do that. Maybe that's why they haven't shown much conversations between them, who knows. This is all just my opinion though. I kind of think Ali is single still too, but there is no doubt that she was interested in Roberto even if she doesn't choose him.
    I think one of my problems with Roberto being F1 was wasn't it Turkey that Ali said was very important to the story this season? like you said he was virtually nonexsitent in that episode and I did not see an advance in their love story then. I would say that started in Portugal but maybe Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by kelad9;3988337;
    I think one of my problems with Roberto being F1 was wasn't it Turkey that Ali said was very important to the story this season? like you said he was virtually nonexsitent in that episode and I did not see an advance in their love story then. I would say that started in Portugal but maybe Iceland.
    I thought I remember maybe ChrisH saying something about her starting to fall in love in Iceland? Or that it was important to the story? I could be wrong though. I don't remember Ali saying anything about that though. Could be wrong there too. There is so much said by ChrisH and Ali that we could go back and read again, but it's hard to go back and find those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3988206;
    Exactly. I'm very conflicted. It's too simple this way because it's what the edit is screaming but otherwise, we have so much pointing that it's the truth anyway- spoilers, license in CA, etc. are all pointing to a real F1 Roberto scenario. All I can think is that in the next three episodes, the tide is going to turn and they're going to try and convince that Chris is the F1. Otherwise, there is no surprise or mystery or suspense. Most of the audience think she's choosing Roberto and when she does choose him, everyone will be prepared for it.
    Maybe the surprise is that there is no surprise, no last minute twists? Maybe for once TPTB are really going to show us a true love story with a happy ending? I can't remember that ever happening before.

Originally Posted by Alexxxx
    One of our posters has stated that they can hold multiple licenses. The licenses do eventually expire and have to be renewed, but you can hold as many as you want.

No matter what we are shown at the FRC, I just cannot believe Roberto is impulsive enough to make a permanent career-changing decision like throwing away his opportunity in SC to chase after Ali (or anybody else) across the country into the unknown. Even if he chose to stay in CA, he would have to get back on a waiting list if he wanted his own agency there. Who knows how long that would take. And to give up a chance at having your own agency to just sell insurance in somebody else's agency is insane.

Bottom line for me is, I don't care if they are or are not together, I just don't want to see Roberto throw away this opportunity that he has worked so hard for.

Roberto Sr. must have steam coming out his ears.

He told him to follow his heart. That was a serious talk Roberto had with his parents. Not just some old chit-chat.