Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;3988122;
    I realize it was checked and dicussed earlier but I think its only fair to provide accurate info. There is a difference between a resident liscense and a non resident liscense and people will be confused if its not clarified.

Northernviewer was confused about how we determined he was moving to CA and I was trying to re-explain all of the possibilities without jumping to an automatic assumption.
    This has nothing to do with the non resident liscense.

kat4carolina saw on the SF directory that he is no longer part of the Southern Zone, but assigned to the CA Zone! In order to get an agency in CA, you have to have a non residence liscense, which he now has.

FORT Fanatic

I thought I read that he was egged on to do the show by his friends and family. He him self might have done it becuase he is waiting on his agency and might need to find a wife now because in his discussion with his mom she said you are ready now when she ask him what are his intention towards Ali. Boy do I love Robertos mom she is going to make a good mother in law.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3988153;
    Just out of curiosity, can anyone remember why Roberto did this show to begin with?

I am wondering why a guy who worked so hard to start an insurance career took the time for the show to begin with, and then is potentially giving up a promising opportunity to move across the country, which we know he has thanks to some awesome sleuthing. My point is, his actions even at the point of applying for the show, just don't quite make sense to me.

Like some others, I am cautious despite the news of his relocation. It is very easy to get swept up in the hope that the rumor/spoiler of the hour is true and leads to a particular happily ever after. When the only spoiler available reported that Chris was F1, everyone was in love with Chris. When we learned that he was rejected, that gushing flow slowed to a drip. And now the Roberto spoilers are getting the romantics in all of us all worked up. Maybe what I'm feeling is that this 11th hour revelation of the winner is too good to be true. Maybe Roberto vacationed in California once as a kid and always dreamed of moving back. Maybe his move is a pure coincidence.
    Maybe he wants to cash in a little on the fame that the show has brought him. He's only been in SC for a few months so no real ties. California has a huge economy...maybe there's more money to be made for himself and SF in CA? Maybe our SF posters will have an idea of the most profitable/lucrative states/regions.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

If Roberto could pick where he would open up an agency, it would be in Florida. He went to where one was available, and that was in SC. The SC will be available in Jan 2011. There has to be a huge reason why he would give that up and have to wait for another one to become available in an area so far away from his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3988159;

kat4carolina saw on the SF directory that he is no longer part of the Southern Zone, but assigned to the CA Zone! In order to get an agency in CA, you have to have a non residence liscense, which he now has.
    wait a minute... that doesn't even make sense. You must have meant he had to get a license in CA in order to get an Agency. I can't see the great state of California making all those who underwrite insurance move to another state to underwrite for CA? The non-residence part of the nomenclature means he is exactly that, a non-resident. I hold 2 licenses in two different states (in a different profession mind you), but... the state that I reside in is my residential license but I can practice freely in either state that I happen to be in. I do pay more for my non-residential license and I must meet their criteria to maintain that said license.

I wouldn't be surprised that MF helped to facilitate the means and ways for this new licensure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3987665;
    This is a very curious opinion you & Allana share! I will use my circle of
    friends as an example. A large group of us meet for lunch every Tuesday
    to discuss the show. With the exception of one, they all feel she
    should choose Chris ~ but, they think she'll pick Roberto!! Very interesting.
    The edit absolutely screams this as far as I can see. But just because they are being obvious doesn't mean it isn't true. I have every reason to think it is Roberto (or no one). RS spoilers, other spoilers, Roberto being more MIA than Chris......etc. etc. Especially this license in CA business.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3988153;
    Just out of curiosity, can anyone remember why Roberto did this show to begin with?

I am wondering why a guy who worked so hard to start an insurance career took the time for the show to begin with, and then is potentially giving up a promising opportunity to move across the country, which we know he has thanks to some awesome sleuthing. My point is, his actions even at the point of applying for the show, just don't quite make sense to me.

Like some others, I am cautious despite the news of his relocation. It is very easy to get swept up in the hope that the rumor/spoiler of the hour is true and leads to a particular happily ever after. When the only spoiler available reported that Chris was F1, everyone was in love with Chris. When we learned that he was rejected, that gushing flow slowed to a drip. And now the Roberto spoilers are getting the romantics in all of us all worked up. Maybe what I'm feeling is that this 11th hour revelation of the winner is too good to be true. Maybe Roberto vacationed in California once as a kid and always dreamed of moving back. Maybe his move is a pure coincidence.
    I think most people realize that this is just another strong bit of circumstantial evidence and are cautious. However, people are going to do what they want to do. If they want to throw caution to the wind and think Roberto & ALi are married right now, they will. It's their prerogative and not something one can stop. No more than you can stop Chris L fans depsite RS, Cash, and other sources saying Chris L was rejected from speculating to this day that there will be some sort of ATFR turn around where she picks Chris L. It's kind of par for the course. There has been ample impartial info as well as biased info positive and negative about the information on the board. The rest everyone will have to decide as an individual what to believe. And those who want to be cautious should protect themselves, and be cautious 'till further definitive info comes or FRC happens. It's the nature of the board, lol.

Meatball will look up and verify if it's true that Roberto is now in the SF CA zone and no longer in the Southern Zone. That's what this is about. If so, he's moving to California.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3988159;

In order to get a Resident liscense (which he does not have) you can first have a nonresident liscense.(Which he has.) He would still have to get a resident liscense to live and practice in CA. This is not a done deal.

We can all decide how many internal SF sources satisfy us on the other info.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3988181;
    wait a minute... that doesn't even make sense. You must have meant he had to get a license in CA in order to get an Agency. I can't see the great state of California making all those who underwrite insurance move to another state to underwrite for CA? The non-residence part of the nomenclature means he is exactly that, a non-resident. I hold 2 licenses in two different states (in a different profession mind you), but... the state that I reside in is my residential license but I can practice freely in either state that I happen to be in. I do pay more for my non-residential license and I must meet their criteria to maintain that said license.

I wouldn't be surprised that MF helped to facilitate the means and ways for this new licensure.

Getting a non resident license is the first step to getting his resident license.