Page 22 of 291 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

FORT Fanatic

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by pitci;3924328;
    I have a BIL who works for State Farm. While he had his agency in Wisconsin, his training was mainly done in the Minneapolis area.
    So it is plausible that he has his agency in So. Carolina and is training in Georgia. I really felt when I read the post on the ABC board about it that it was just straight forward fact the poster was posting about him being in Georgia doing training and not a cover up. But I would imagine that it doesn't necessarily mean that he wouldn't be able to/isn't visiting Ali as well, but I don't think it is a cover up either. Would he be able to leave training to visit Ali? That is what I am curious about. Anybody have an educated guess as to whether he would be able to? I mean he left to do the Bachette. I would love to know if he was in the middle of training then and left to do the show or if he hadn't started training yet at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3924383;
    So it is plausible that he has his agency in So. Carolina and is training in Georgia. I really felt when I read the post on the ABC board about it that it was just straight forward fact the poster was posting about him being in Georgia doing training and not a cover up. But I would imagine that it doesn't necessarily mean that he wouldn't be able to/isn't visiting Ali as well, but I don't think it is a cover up either. Would he be able to leave training to visit Ali? That is what I am curious about. Anybody have an educated guess as to whether he would be able to? I mean he left to do the Bachette. I would love to know if he was in the middle of training then and left to do the show or if he hadn't started training yet at that point.
    In my professional life I have been involved in technology training classes. Most of my training involved instructors and participants from all over country. My feeling is that once he started to attend the class/training he had to finish it, otherwise he would not get credit for it. I am not sure if his training lasts longer than 2 weeks. It is hard for me to imagine that it would be longer than that. Also, love both guys Roberto and Chris, so either one of them is fine for Ali, as long as one of them will become Bachelor next season.

It will be interesting to see how this falls into place - and hope Roberto had plan B in place - if he was either the F1 - or the next bach - the next year of his life will be taken up by ABC
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

We will prob can get a better 'guess' of this when we see more 1 on 1 time and his HTD.

He's such a nice guy. Let's not count him out just yet. He seems to be a very hard worker as well. Probably the reason we can't find out more about him is because he just moved and may not know many people in the Charleston area.

Now I've caught up with you in this thread. First let me agree with Bloomers about the men feeling like it's a prize in a competition. Both the F2 have athletic backgrounds and so this type of speak would feel natural to both. In addition I feel that their handlers my encourage this behavior. I also know from personal experience how a competition for a special lady can be and it does feel like winning a prize especially if you lost the last competition.

As for Berto's insurance business, I was in the insurance game as an agent for a brief time in my career and concur with Columbia, MD's account of what State Farm expects. I have two close friends who now have their own State Farm Agencies and it is a slow and hard process to acheive that status. There is a lot of training and there are milestones to acheive in terms of booked business along the way. State Farm being the largest Property and Casualty insurer in the states is a very prestigious position and not everyone qualifies.

Insurance companies are controlled by individual state laws and not all companies operate in all states. It would be normal for employees to take training in a large metropolitan area or corporate headquarters where the traing facilities and trainers are used continuously for classes. Going out of state is normal but any liscensing testing would be done back in the home state. Many insurance agents today are CFP's Certified Financial Planners and that course is like attending a year of college. In addition many CFP's are Series 6 or Series 7 liscenced stock brokers especially Series 7 takes a while and it is difficult to achieve.

In short there is more I can say but it is obvious that Berto has made a commitment to his future and the exposure on this show will help greatly. You can't buy that kind of exposure and advertising back home that going to F2 will get for him in this show. If he becomes F1 and Ali goes to SC with him their future is very good. I'll reference two other couples: Jill and Ed are the talk of the town here in Chicago, and who ever thought that Trista would move to Colorado when she had a bright future in LA?
    Last edited by eowenc; 06-06-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Roberto reminds me of Jacoby Ellsbury of the Boston Red Sox -
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3925280;
    Roberto reminds me of Jacoby Ellsbury of the Boston Red Sox -
    Wow, they do look alike. No dimples, but same smile, they could be brothers. What a cutie too.

Good analysis here figuring out what the story is with Roberto and his agency. It totally makes sense that he wouldn't have opened it yet. He probably is waiting to see what happens with this adventure he's on and possibly what opportunities arise from it because he should have plenty after the show regardless of whether he's F1 or F2. I see how his talking opens him up to some criticism for a little inflation of his resume but he truly seems like a decent, hard working, and ambitious guy. I believe he's in this for the opportunities but ALSO for the chance to find love with the lead so I look forward to seeing what's ahead for him and to learn more about his backstory.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

I adore Roberto and he is being negated by some. I wrote a response to a post on another thread....but it probably belongs heree, so I will copy it here.
    Hmmm..yes...they are told what to say. Andy's favourite stated/edited date was their group date with the children painting for charity!!!! Tessa his F1 was nowhere on that date!!!! What they say is their favourite date is just more of ABC's drama!!! Ali is their little machine right now...to say whatever
    they need her to say!. Ali is ABC's puppet and nothing more...and nothing less!!! Roberto is actually challenging them to make their outstanding chemistry magic...because they are not probably willing to go with his complications!!! A Latino man can not win this show... or be the lead..like EVER, if I am guessing TPTB mindset!!! I pray I am wrong about that thought, because it does not seem to matter to Ali! She is completely beyond smitten and attracted to Roberto!! As I watch Ali fall in love with Roberto...it makes me smile!!! Roberto is a gem,,,they are magic together thus far!
    JMHO of course
    Thanks
    Karey