Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

I think it says a lot about Roberto if he is moving for Ali....maybe they ARE getting married?? it's a huge career move to make just to see how it goes... but then again he does have the window of time till Jan??

our SF experts: is it possible to retain his SC license to come back to the office in SC in January or is it gone once he's got his license in Cali since that's the only region he can work in?

ETA: I don't buy that Ali wants to be a hollywood glam gal - she's too laidback and casual for that... and she's certainly not dressing for the job in her recent sightings... It struck me when she told the stylist in NYC that clothes confuse?disorient her? can't quite remember the words she used but along the same lines as that
    Last edited by emusha; 07-16-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3986633;
    He then told him to go and makes him happy and not be afraid.
    I'm sure Roberto would like to make lots of money. He'll do fine in CA. Should be quite profitable.

Many year lurker...first time poster...

and since i'm a first time poster it won't let me post the link...lol

but...

if you go to state farm dot com...

and click on the careers link

and then our locations link

there is the brake down for the us areas

and you can click the california zone...

the state is broken up into three areas

northern, middle and southern

obviously irvine is located the the southern area

hopefully someone can post the link for everyone to

simplify the searching...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by nocalgal;3986630;
    Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Roberto tells Pops that he's moving to California. After all, Pops thinks Roberto is a big prize and moving for his girlfriend - hmmm, doesn't it usually work the other way around?

I haven't heard Ali say she wants to stay in Hollywood - I think that is presumed as she's been photographed while being out and about there. Maybe she is serious about being successful in a career and will go to grad school (which would be very occupying) while Roberto starts his own agency.

And that is why Roberto said in his commentary, "Vintage Pops"......behind the times. Roberto is a modern guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3986616;
    Atem.

You raise some valid points and you may well be correct. I still am having trouble with a man who is SO focused on his career, leaving an opportunity when he is 6 months away from an agency. He will wait a long time in Ca. for the same opportunity. If he were more of a flipity-jib as my granny would call indecisive young men I could buy it. I also think that if he is thinking of her as a wife, he would no doubt be thinking of providing for her and he would be better off in the Southern Region for now. But that said maybe he found his one true love!!!! Or OTL til th ATFR
    That's because his dad told him to "Follow you heart, and don't be afraid to be happy." And he "....used it (that advice) right away." !!! Looking at how he said that his parents are his role model (on love and family), I won't be surprised if he is really giving California a shot. IMHO, of course.
    Team ROBERTO

Quote Originally Posted by nocalgal;3986630;
    Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Roberto tells Pops that he's moving to California. After all, Pops thinks Roberto is a big prize and moving for his girlfriend - hmmm, doesn't it usually work the other way around?
    It's so odd. Everyone thought it'd work out better for Chris and Ali because it'd be easier for chris to be a garbage man in CA. Now that there's a small possiblity that Roberto's job allowed him to relocate, it's suddenly looked down upon?

We've been told how serious he is about his career. You know, you can have both - love and a career, especially when you're as young as they are.

I must have missed something! Please fill me in.
    Has it been verified that Roberto is moving to the West Coast, and is he going to start his own insurance agency in Irvine?
    This would be great news.
    Marti

Atem.

You raise some valid points and you may well be correct. I still am having trouble with a man who is SO focused on his career, leaving an opportunity when he is 6 months away from an agency. He will wait a long time in Ca. for the same opportunity. If he were more of a flipity-jib as my granny would call indecisive young men I could buy it. I also think that if he is thinking of her as a wife, he would no doubt be thinking of providing for her and he would be better off in the Southern Region for now. But that said maybe he found his one true love!!!! Or OTL til th ATFR
    I think of it more of a scoop more than anything.

I agree that Roberto moved to South Carolina, because it was available. I just don't believe that he wouldn't rather be in Florida, if he could. Now, just when he did all that and a agency is available to him, he suddenly gets a lisencse in California? That's huge.

Now, I 'm not celebrating, because this show has had me so cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3986635;
    I think it says a lot about Roberto if he is moving for Ali....maybe they ARE getting married?? it's a huge career move to make just to see how it goes... but then again he does have the window of time till Jan??

our SF experts: is it possible to retain his SC license to come back to the office in SC in January or is it gone once he's got his license in Cali since that's the only region he can work in?

ETA: I don't buy that Ali wants to be a hollywood glam gal - she's too laidback and casual for that... and she's certainly not dressing for the job in her recent sightings... It struck me when she told the stylist in NYC that clothes confuse?disorient her? can't quite remember the words she used but along the same lines as that
    Very good point in deed, emusha!!
    Team ROBERTO

Atem.

It is quite possible that someone made him an offer.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!