Page 18 of 291 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3923438;
    I think he is F2, and I think a Latin Bachelor is a pipe dream for the producers after hearing what is involved to even become an agent let alone a highly successful agent.
    Look what is on his bio. He is proud of being State Farm's youngest something agent. Maybe he can make $300K being the Bachelor if the figures we have heard are correct with adds on being closer to $500K, but that is nothing to what a hotshot agency owner can make within a short time. I just think this young man - to borrow a phrase from Chris - has his eye on the prize - and it is his future, not the Bachelor. I think he is willing to work hard for what he wants, and he is going after it.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they recruited him hard and were willing to pay him for his time. If so, they may have guaranteed him a certain amount even if he only made it to F2 or even (gasp!) to make it to F2. That amount could be the "front money" we have heard he needs to start his own agency.

*** All of this is pure speculation on my part.
    Good and reasonable speculation on your part Bloomers... either way, F1 or TB, he stands to make some good money as well as face time, provided no garbage is brought up from his past/present/future. What better way to get a business off the ground and into the fast lane!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3923438;
    I think he is F2, and I think a Latin Bachelor is a pipe dream for the producers after hearing what is involved to even become an agent let alone a highly successful agent.
    Look what is on his bio. He is proud of being State Farm's youngest something agent. Maybe he can make $300K being the Bachelor if the figures we have heard are correct with adds on being closer to $500K, but that is nothing to what a hotshot agency owner can make within a short time. I just think this young man - to borrow a phrase from Chris - has his eye on the prize - and it is his future, not the Bachelor. I think he is willing to work hard for what he wants, and he is going after it.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they recruited him hard and were willing to pay him for his time. If so, they may have guaranteed him a certain amount even if he only made it to F2 or even (gasp!) to make it to F2. That amount could be the "front money" we have heard he needs to start his own agency.

*** All of this is pure speculation on my part.

So you think that he is F2 (not F1),and that he was paid well and willing to do it for exposure for his business? I think that sounds logical, which is why I obviously don't want him to be F1. That would just be another DeAnna/Jesse situation.....destined to go nowhere.

Roberto is nothing like Jesse from DeAnna's season in any way and Bloomers said that this was all a guess on her part.

Roberto just moved to South Carolina before he went on to the show. Most likely due to having some down time and he wouldn't be opening up something until other things were done.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3923571;
    So you think that he is F2 (not F1),and that he was paid well and willing to do it for exposure for his business? I think that sounds logical, which is why I obviously don't want him to be F1. That would just be another DeAnna/Jesse situation.....destined to go nowhere.
    I think Bloomers' last sentence was that it was pure speculation on her part. Just because Roberto is strickingly good looking doesn't mean that he's there for the wrong reasons. There's absolutely zero proof of that. As a matter of fact so far he's been mentioned by the other men as one of the ones there for the right reasons. Jesse, no comparison on any level to Roberto. I see no need to villify Roberto without any proof. On his FB everyone that knows him think he's a stand up guy and Ali would be lucky to end up with him. I think she'll be lucky to end up with either one of the F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3923596;
    I think Bloomers' last sentence was that it was pure speculation on her part. Just because Roberto is strickingly good looking doesn't mean that he's there for the wrong reasons. There's absolutely zero proof of that. As a matter of fact so far he's been mentioned by the other men as one of the ones there for the right reasons. Jesse, no comparison on any level to Roberto. I see no need to villify Roberto without any proof. On his FB everyone that knows him think he's a stand up guy and Ali would be lucky to end up with him. I think she'll be lucky to end up with either one of the F2.
    Totally agree. Both of these guys are golden catches.

I tend to think that RobTo will be F1 but only because he's hidden away in "training" (riiiight) and Chris L is in public watching episodes with his family/friends....well at least that's what I've read.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3923596;
    I only meant that if Bloomers is correct and he had to be recruited hard to go on the show then it would give him a second agenda. He might very well be interested in falling in love, too. I actually think Jesse did end up falling pretty hard for DeAnna. But to me, the "eyes on his future/the prize" thing doesn't sound all that romantic. Just IMO. I am not villifying him at all. In fact, to me he is closest to Kip. A great guy, just not 100% smitten with Jillian.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3923648;
    I only meant that if Bloomers is correct and he had to be recruited hard to go on the show then it would give him a second agenda. He might very well be interested in falling in love, too. I actually think Jesse did end up falling pretty hard for DeAnna. But to me, the "eyes on his future/the prize" thing doesn't sound all that romantic. Just IMO. I am not villifying him at all. In fact, to me he is closest to Kip. A great guy, just not 100% smitten with Jillian.
    I thought it was Chris L. who said "keeping his eye on the prize"?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3923659;
    I think he was responding to producers proding about the whole Johnathan anf Craig tattle tale business.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3923659;
    Yes it was chris who said it. Funny poor Roberto the underdog

FORT Fogey

I have been told enough through the seasons to now be cynical. I don't totally buy into the concept.
    During Ed's season I had as a source a poster married to one of Ed's cousins. She was not anti-Ed at all. What came out very early was that he had told the family that early on he was not attracted to Jillian but that "she grew on him as time went on". We know that the producers recruited Ed, and we know all the other stuff that happened with the girlfriends. Obviously, it is working out with Ed and Jillian, so sometimes contestants can start out ambivalent and end up completely enamored.

I do not know squat about Roberto. I simply am stating that with what I know about this franchise and the way that some things have operated, I wouldn't be surprised.

BTW, we know that a great many of the recruited guys have never seen the Bachelor on TV. Therefore, if they were brought in and a producer were to say to one of them, " This is a dating entertainment show. We want you to take the role of F2. This is what will happen. These are the terms and compensation if you are interested."

Would it be possible? They are never told they are supposed to really try to fall in love....
    Take my advice. I am not using it.