Page 17 of 291 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

There are four basic insurance licenses: property, casualty, life and health.
    In addition, agents are expected today to have licenses in other areas, including financial planning, etc. If he is becoming a State Farm agent, he will also have to pass the State Farm licensing tests in all the basic lines.

Most young new agents do not start from "scratch" with no clients. They take over where an agent is retiring or leaving the company for other reasons. They get part of the former agent's book of business to service, and then are left to build additional lines with existing clients, and solicit new clients. New agents have no time to take off 8 weeks to be "The Bachelor" or anything else.

I was "in the business" as a fully licensed employee of State Farm agents for over 21 years. The life of a new agent is no joke and is hard and frustrating. If this is what Roberto is doing, he is going to be a busy and tired young man.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3922778;
    In addition, agents are expected today to have licenses in other areas, including financial planning, etc. If he is becoming a State Farm agent, he will also have to pass the State Farm licensing tests in all the basic lines.

Most young new agents do not start from "scratch" with no clients. They take over where an agent is retiring or leaving the company for other reasons. They get part of the former agent's book of business to service, and then are left to build additional lines with existing clients, and solicit new clients. New agents have no time to take off 8 weeks to be "The Bachelor" or anything else.

I was "in the business" as a fully licensed employee of State Farm agents for over 21 years. The life of a new agent is no joke and is hard and frustrating. If this is what Roberto is doing, he is going to be a busy and tired young man.
    Do you think or know if maybe he would have been able to take the time off to be on the Bachelorette cause he was still in the training process or could he have done it if he was working in an office with a senior agent over him?

FORT Fogey

Good question. How was he able to do this show at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3922778;

On the South Carolina Department of Insurance website the four categories are listed as Fire and Casualty, General Insurance, Life Insurance and Mutual Auto Insurance and he is active in all categories with an effective date of 2/10/2010.

Also says his license is permanent. Don't know if this helps.
    TEAM ALBERT-O!!!!!

"The one who loves the least, controls the relationship"-R.A.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krrj;3921638;
    I thought that as well. Chris has yet to leave town...and Roberto hasn't been seen anywhere. So no one in the entire state of Georgia watches the Bach and no one posts at the FORT?? Something smells fishy to me.
    Well, this is the first time I've ventured into Roberto's thread so it's the first time I read that he's training here in Georgia. Does anyone know where the training site may be??? Because...after a quick search, I just found that the State Farms' Southern Zone Operations Center is the office 5 min from where I live!!! And my Health Club is right across the street from it!!! It's top-notch and I'm sure if he was going to work out while here, he wouldn't go anywhere else. So...it looks like I'll be hanging out there more in the next few weeks. And I'll have to be hitting local eateries and such. So exciting!!!

ETA: I don't go to the motherboard for the obvious reasons so could someone who saw the health club post tell me if he/she said where it was? If they're saying it's here in GA, I can confirm or deny if it's around here.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 06-03-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3923047;
    Well, this is the first time I've ventured into Roberto's thread so it's the first time I read that he's training here in Georgia. Does anyone know where the training site may be??? Because...after a quick search, I just found that the State Farms' Southern Zone Operations Center is the office 5 min from where I live!!! And my Health Club is right across the street from it!!! It's top-notch and I'm sure if he was going to work out while here, he wouldn't go anywhere else. So...it looks like I'll be hanging out there more in the next few weeks. And I'll have to be hitting local eateries and such. So exciting!!!

ETA: I don't go to the motherboard for the obvious reasons so could someone who saw the health club post tell me if he/she said where it was? If they're saying it's here in GA, I can confirm or deny if it's around here.
    The rambling, somewhat incoherent post, mentioned him being at the gym in Charleston.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I don't work for State Farm but we have State Farm for Life, Auto, and Home Owner's. Our agent is just like the ones you see on the commercials. His office is very "open door". We are a first name basis with even his two assistants and even have his cell number in case of an emergency. To find his info all you have to do is google his name no need to even search State Farm. It does not sound to me like Roberto has his own agency (not yet anyway). Those agents are like politicians... meaning you see their face and name everywhere... ours even has a billboard. If Roberto is this kind of agent I would not be happy if I was one of his customers and he disappeared for 3 months :/ I buy that he is still in training and in the set up phase.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3922790;
    Do you think or know if maybe he would have been able to take the time off to be on the Bachelorette cause he was still in the training process or could he have done it if he was working in an office with a senior agent over him?

Knowing the constraints on a trainee agent, or a new agent, I would say he does not have that kind of time. Perhaps he is intending to open an office after all this is over. It all sounds kind of strange to me.

FORT Fogey

So the consensus are, Roberto has passed his license, but he doesn't own his business? So he was telling half a lie to Ali?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3923357;
    Knowing the constraints on a trainee agent, or a new agent, I would say he does not have that kind of time. Perhaps he is intending to open an office after all this is over. It all sounds kind of strange to me.
    I think he is F2, and I think a Latin Bachelor is a pipe dream for the producers after hearing what is involved to even become an agent let alone a highly successful agent.
    Look what is on his bio. He is proud of being State Farm's youngest something agent. Maybe he can make $300K being the Bachelor if the figures we have heard are correct with adds on being closer to $500K, but that is nothing to what a hotshot agency owner can make within a short time. I just think this young man - to borrow a phrase from Chris - has his eye on the prize - and it is his future, not the Bachelor. I think he is willing to work hard for what he wants, and he is going after it.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they recruited him hard and were willing to pay him for his time. If so, they may have guaranteed him a certain amount even if he only made it to F2 or even (gasp!) to make it to F2. That amount could be the "front money" we have heard he needs to start his own agency.

*** All of this is pure speculation on my part.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan