Page 16 of 291 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3922444;
    I've copied and pasted this from the ABC board. It sounds like the poster must be a coworker. I suppose it is possible that Georgia is just a coverup, but I don't know it sounds like just straightforward info from a coworker to me to prove that he is in fact not an actor as the previous poster stated. According to this poster he is not fully trained or licensed. I wish there was a way to message the poster on the alphabet board to try to get more info. Anyone know if that is possible?

Sxxigirl,

Sorry to disappoint you, but he is NOT an actor. He is currently living in South Carolina and is an agency trainee for the largest insurance company in America. He is training in Georgia, and when he is fully trained, licensed, etc he will have an insurance agency in SC and will likely be the youngest agent in the country at that time. Trust me on this one...I know first-hand.

Now, if you mean that the show "planted" him there to gain exposure for him to be the next Bachelor, that may be true. He would certainly make a nice one..but "mum" has been the word about his whole experience amongst co-workers. Because of that, no one has any knowledge (as of yet) about him being nominated to be the next Bachelor and ABC going about giving him exposure through the Bachelorette show. I do, however, know that he is not by profession an actor.
    This sounds pretty straight forward to me too. It is possible he could be in training but what about the post upthread where it's stated that he received his license on 1/14/10?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3922467;
    This sounds pretty straight forward to me too. It is possible he could be in training but what about the post upthread where it's stated that he received his license on 1/14/10?
    Good point! No idea? Are there different types of licenses? Again no idea? Anybody on here an expert in insurance licenses?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3922467;
    If you look at the State Farm website, there is an 8 step process to becoming an agent. I think getting your license and getting your own agency are two completely different things.

Go away for a bit and things get busy,lol.

very addicted and anyone else who asked, I found the information on Roberto from the department of Insurance in SC. I put that in my original post. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post a link to it here but, it's easy to find through a search. I used yahoo, but you can use any search engine and search under " South Carolina Department of Insurance". Once you pull up there site, they have where you can find/verify agents licensure. Click on the agents search and put in Roberto Martinez. There will only be 2 that come up. One who actually lives in Florida and does not work for State Farm, works for Liberty Mutual. The other is Roberto Martinez Jr. who resides in Sullivan Island, SC. Click on his name and you will pull up his license info. There are code numbers that how where his indvidual specialty licenses are appointed but i didn't see a place to input them to find his agency location. They also give his individual license number.

The fact that he is not yet on the state farm website is also not that unexpected considering the scenarios I gave you for his office status. He may have opened his office but it is not yet fully setup and ready for customers yet. Plus, depending on whether he is the sole agent in his office with non-agents employees (i.e. secretary, etc.) or has other agents under him his absence due to the Bachelorette may have affected his opening and advertising his business. If he's the sole agent and took off for 8 weeks to do the Bachelorette nobody would be there. Plus, you don't know State Farm guidelines and expenses before your agency is put up on there site. Plus, Roberto is most likely in the TICA stage and he may not get on there site until after the TICA aggreement is finished and he signs the State Farm Agreement. Finally, there is the possibility he is in the final stages of his internship where he is licensed but is still training his employees and other agents while finishing up setting up his office.

If Roberto is going to be the sole agent in his agency he already has the licenses he needs. If he wants to own a multiple agent agnecy then he could still be in the internship phase getting what he needs to be able to supervise other agents. However, unless someone personally knows him or is aware of the business plan submitted to State Farm I don't know a way to know which type of agency he wanted to start out with. The only other question would be would he have been able to leave his internship for 2 months to do the bachelorette if he wasn't already in post licensure beginning setup agency last stage of internship. Also State farm does have a hub in Atlanta but they have one in Columbia, SC too. Plus, as I said in my earlier post Roberto could be in Georgia taking some conference or ceu training.

Wasn't there a siting of Roberto at some gym? was that in SC? Can't remember where I read that here or on alphabet board.

hope that helped answering questions!
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 06-03-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: to add info

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TwobyTwo;3922446;
    Wasn't Roberto hard to pin down before the show even started? It seemed like, other than the show's previews, there wasn't a lot of information about him out there to begin with. It kind of reminds me of Kathryn last year - we couldn't find information on her to save our lives!
    Part of the reason it was hard to glean any info on Roberto is because his name is so common - even in the baseball world - and search results on his name were difficult to sift through.

Sounds to be me like he is hard at work right now. Roberto's situation kind of parallel's Reid's from last season. Roberto will gain lots of exposure from this show that could help his insurance business, similar to how Reid's exposure helped his real estate business.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TwobyTwo;3922473;
    If you look at the State Farm website, there is an 8 step process to becoming an agent. I think getting your license and getting your own agency are two completely different things.
    I would guess that would make sense. I would assume that getting your license is passing a test by the licensing board regardless of who or where you work and that being an agent for State Farm is an additional thing past licensing. This may be a stretch of an analogy but my husband is a CPA which anyone could do by passing the exam, but for instance to be a partner at the Big 4 accounting firm he works for is much more than just having your CPA license.

FORT Fogey

Apparently he has his license, but there is no indication that he has started his agency in SC yet. I have no idea why he would train in Georgia, unless it is some sort of training hub. I do know that you get your law license as soon as you pass the bar....but that doesn't necessarily mean that your law firm (if you work for a large one) considers you fully trained. I know of a few large law firms in my city that do litigation training for new lawyers who have laready passed the bar. Also, there is always ongoing education for even experienced professionals. My in-laws do insurance and they are always going to conferences, etc., and even taking new tests when required.

I found the info on Roberto being in the gym on the Mother Board, but I'm not so sure I believe it because of the way this person was posting. They were very vile towards Ali & typed everything in caps & a lot of the post didn't even make sense. They just posted about how fat Ali was & how much weight she had gained & she should be in the gym every day like Roberto getting ready for The Bach. I think it's too early for Fleiss to have picked out the next Bach.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3922484;
    Apparently he has his license, but there is no indication that he has started his agency in SC yet. I have no idea why he would train in Georgia, unless it is some sort of training hub. I do know that you get your law license as soon as you pass the bar....but that doesn't necessarily mean that your law firm (if you work for a large one) considers you fully trained. I know of a few large law firms in my city that do litigation training for new lawyers who have laready passed the bar. Also, there is always ongoing education for even experienced professionals. My in-laws do insurance and they are always going to conferences, etc., and even taking new tests when required.
    another analogy could be to compare it to real estate. I got my "license" to work as a sales representative for a brokerage (the actual AGENT in any sale) after taking some courses, but was then in my articling phase, which required that I take 3 more mandatory courses before I could receive my full license. You then have to work for a few years before you can even think about being a broker and opening your own brokerage. This could be similar as to what Roberto has to go through before he could open an agency, even though he's considered to be a "licensed" insurance agent.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Thank you nikkij_26 I guess most people use Google for search