Thread: Roberto - Spoilers

Re: Roberto - Spoilers

Whether we like what the show is showing or not, I think we should stick to spoilers on this thread. We don't want it loced like Chris's.

We have a thread that we can post our hopes and such on Roberto's non-spoiler thread.

But, we can gather so far from posts from former co-workers and such, that Roberto is really a nice guy and hardly a player!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3974571;
    Maybe the debate about this should go to the non-spoiler thread.
    Yep, or editing thread. Back on topic still looking for info on Roberto's whereabouts or sightings in SC?Plus, will be glad to SC of Roberto's FD and what he is wearing for the evening portion.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3974609;
    Yep, or editing thread. Back on topic still looking for info on Roberto's whereabouts or sightings in SC?Plus, will be glad to SC of Roberto's FD and what he is wearing for the evening portion.

meatball mentioned a AOL or AOG (forgot which one). Anyone in the insurance biz know what that means?

I think it was AOC -- maybe something specific to his State Farm training?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3974635;
    meatball mentioned a AOL or AOG (forgot which one). Anyone in the insurance biz know what that means?
    AFO, is the division of SF that covers like a certain county. It's where Robero's assigned Agency is. However, he hasn't been spotted there lately either. Just in Georgia for 1 week of training at the regional office that we have someone mentioning a sighting.
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 07-11-2010 at 02:27 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3974660;
    AOC, is the division of SF that covers like a certain county. It's where Robero's assigned Agency is. However, he hasn't been spotted there lately either. Just in Georgia for 1 week of training at the regional office that we have someone mentioning a sighting.
    Can the State Farm folks help us to understand exactly what he is doing while he waits for the agency to open up? How much actual work and of what kind is he doing? Would it free him up for how much free time?
    At this particular point - until he takes over the agency - would he be free to just take off for 4 or 5 day safehouse jaunts?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3974666;
    Can the State Farm folks help us to understand exactly what he is doing while he waits for the agency to open up? How much actual work and of what kind is he doing? Would it free him up for how much free time?
    At this particular point - until he takes over the agency - would he be free to just take off for 4 or 5 day safehouse jaunts?

Here you go Bloomers (hope this helps you):

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball;3969785;
    Okay I heard from the underwriter today. She said she has been watching him because he has yet to take over the agency he has been assigned in SC. Then she says drum roll!!!! must mean he is still with her........

This tells me the agency is ready for him, and he is not taking it over. There has to be a good reason for that, because there are waiting lines for this kind of Position with the Company.

Anyone else have anything? I do have half a mind to email him
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatball;3969794;
    Underwriters work in the Regional Office. Some of them have met Roberto because he has trained there. THis particular underwriter knows he has not taken over the agency yet assigned to him. I posted another post that may answer your question more fully. THe Underwriter seems to think because he has not taken over the agency he must have been chosen, or he would be working. This is conjecture on her part, but I am hopeful this would be the case.

Also I enjoy your posts very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3970478;
    According to my information he is just waiting until the current agent retires at the end of the year. Until then he pretty much is just sitting around waiting. After the first of the year he will be busy but until then he has a lot of time on his hands from what I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by mirahines20;3971990;
    No, he would have to go on another interview at that point for an "Agency Intern" position.

This is the way it works: (I too like Meatball work for SF)
    There is a Zone, our Zone is the Southern Zone- Georgia, SC, Mississippi, and Alabama (Flordia is it's own) Then with in the Zone's there are VPA terriotories- one VPA for instance has SC and some of GA, under that are AFO's this is more of a county area.
    Each AFO has one "Agency Intern" in waiting. They have to interview for this position and during there time waiting on someone to die or retire they go to GA for training, have a week or two at home to study, then they may go back to GA for more training. Then while they are waiting for someone to die or retire they do around to different Agents office in the AFO and train until there is an opening.

As you can see, this would prevent him from being an "intern" anywhere else in the country. He would have to resign from his current position and then interview there.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3973105;
    Even the people I have talked to who work in the same building haven't seen him. He sure knows how to lay low!

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3974504;

*snip*

And to keep it ON topic...I can't find any verifaction of a Roberto sighting in GA where he is killing time till his agency in Charleston is available, or in Charleston where he is taking over the agency at the beginning of the year. I know someone (maybe affilliated with State Farm) in the Roberto thread said he was seen at a meeting several weeks ago but I can't remember when it was.

Does an agent do nothing until he takes over an agency? That doesn't seem quite right to me. Take Ali out of the picture, Roberto would wait around until the end of the year when the agency is ready for him to take over? What does one do for income while waiting?

let me specify that no one I've talked to has seen Roberto, but that doesn't mean that someone I haven't talked to has seen him. The people I've spoken with work on the floor above him, and know he's on the show and the talk around the office about him but they don't know if he is there or not, nor has anyone told them that they have seen him. So I am just passing on what I've been told. I do know that he has the time and the approval for the show. As stated he does not take over the retiring agent's agency until after the first of the year as the agent will not retire until the end of the year.

AOC is the Atlanta Operations Center located in Duluth GA where Roberto is an Agency Trainee until he takes over the agency in Charleston. AFO is the Agency Field Office that his agency will be under that is based in Charleston which includes all the Coastal SC agents in Charleston, Georgetown, and Horry counties.

Hope that helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3974704;
    let me specify that no one I've talked to has seen Roberto, but that doesn't mean that someone I haven't talked to has seen him. The people I've spoken with work on the floor above him, and know he's on the show and the talk around the office about him but they don't know if he is there or not, nor has anyone told them that they have seen him. So I am just passing on what I've been told. I do know that he has the time and the approval for the show. As stated he does not take over the retiring agent's agency until after the first of the year as the agent will not retire until the end of the year.

AOC is the Atlanta Operations Center located in Duluth GA where Roberto is an Agency Trainee until he takes over the agency in Charleston. AFO is the Agency Field Office that his agency will be under that is based in Charleston which includes all the Coastal SC agents in Charleston, Georgetown, and Horry counties.

Hope that helps some.
    Thanks for all the sleuthing maryhse! Keep up the great work!