Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kirk - Spoilers

Re: Kirk - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3985888;
    really?? which interview?? I thought he said the process was psychologically damaging
    I just read it when I googled a recent article. I'll try and find it.

Television - News - - Digital Spy

Kirk, please don't do it. Thanks. LOL
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

thanks atem i luv me some kirky!

Between Chris and Roberto, I couldn't even tell you. I couldn't say who was more compatible with her. They are both stand up guys.

It's really consuming when you're there. It took me a while - I was a bit bruised and banged up for a little while - but once I got back to work and started seeing my friends and family and got back to normalcy, it was a quicker adjustment than I probably thought. Watching it again obviously brings back all that emotion and so it's kind of been refreshing for me, but I'd say I've have ample time to move on.

Frank is one of my better or best friends in the house so I get along with him really well. Seeing that is kind of difficult, I understand that I went home fourth and the likelihood of me ending up with Ali probably isn't that great - obviously she likes three guys more than me. It would have been nice to have the opportunity to go to Tahiti and see if our relationship could have gotten stronger, especially now I know that Frank had feelings for someone else, according to the previews. It's a little frustrating but I understand Frank was probably doing what he felt was best for himself, so I have a hard time holding it against him, but it would have been nice to go to Tahiti and see how the relationship went.

You know what? I do. Obviously the dates are out of the ordinary and it sets you up very well to be in these romantic settings and elaborate places, but I can say that Ali and I developed a real relationship. Obviously it's kind of like a strange version of speed dating where you knows she's out with other people and it makes it more stressful, but it's very organic. Aside for the dates being set up, everything happens as it does and real relationships are formed and I can attest to that. I imagine if I had continued on the journey, our relationship would have gotten stronger, so I do believe you can build a real relationship on the show.
    In spite of what he said about the process being consuming he believes in the process... do we know for sure that he said the process is "psychologically damaging"?? I think we've seen since Craig and Ty and now Kirk once the guys get some perspective about it they are pro-process as opposed to right when they're eliminated when Craig said he wasn't into Ali, Ty seemed pretty angry at his dairy of the departed and Kirky considered it psychologically damaging...

Or maybe ABC is just holding them to their contract in this controlled interview...or dangling the carrot of TB and or BP
    Team Alibeartito

There wasn't an exact quote from him saying that. It came from people who posted here that said they heard it or knew him?

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3986014;
    thanks atem i luv me some kirky!

In spite of what he said about the process being consuming he believes in the process... do we know for sure that he said the process is "psychologically damaging"?? I think we've seen since Craig and Ty and now Kirk once the guys get some perspective about it they are pro-process as opposed to right when they're eliminated when Craig said he wasn't into Ali, Ty seemed pretty angry at his dairy of the departed and Kirky considered it psychologically damaging...

Or maybe ABC is just holding them to their contract in this controlled interview...or dangling the carrot of TB and or BP
    He told friends that it was psychologically damaging or something along those lines. But it was literally right after he got home. He might not have had time to digest when he said it. It's been a couple months now, he's had some time to breath and look back on it. I'm not surprised that now he's saying he believes in the process. It obviously affected him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3986876;
    He told friends that it was psychologically damaging or something along those lines. But it was literally right after he got home. He might not have had time to digest when he said it. It's been a couple months now, he's had some time to breath and look back on it. I'm not surprised that now he's saying he believes in the process. It obviously affected him a lot.
    His interview was so good. He said that he would be open to be the next bach if it were to come his way. I really love this guy. Probably one of the most honest out there.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3986883;
    His interview was so good. He said that he would be open to be the next bach if it were to come his way. I really love this guy. Probably one of the most honest out there.
    He's a classy guy. I think we even knew that before the season started. There was never anything negative said about him. Ever. I'm glad he made it out of the show with his character still in tact and still seeming to be genuine about things.

As far as the Bach goes, he was rumored to be a contender early on.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3986914;
    He's a classy guy. I think we even knew that before the season started. There was never anything negative said about him. Ever. I'm glad he made it out of the show with his character still in tact and still seeming to be genuine about things.

As far as the Bach goes, he was rumored to be a contender early on.
    Well said CASH - I agree - Kirk is a real sweetheart - and his edit was also just as pristine as Chris and Roberto's is - I wouldn't mind seeing him as he bachelor - no - not at all He has alot going for himself
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Debra Yeo: OK, thank you. And the thing I want to ask you, but is a follow-up, is we’ve sort of been consumed a lot with the whole Justin Rego controversy here, as you can imagine. And, I mean, he's made a lot of comments about, you know, feeling that there was a lot of manipulation going on on the part of producers and so on. Did you ever see anything you know that suggested that to you?
    Kirk DeWindt: Firsthand, no. I did not see any manipulation. It was, like I said, it was you know, it was the first day it was like, "Hey, if you like wearing long sleeve T-shirts, wear your crappy long sleeve T-shirt. Be you. Do your thing. Don't dress or act any other way that you think you should, just be yourself and have fun with this.” And that's exactly what they had said. They had never asked me to do or say or be manipulated in any way.
    kirk doesn't consider the producers' hand as 'psychologically damaging' it was more likely the process of falling for a girl who's dating other guys etc...
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fogey

Just like on all the other legit reality shows...there is no manipulation going on. IMO, all these shows (e.g. Survivor, Biggest Loser, Bachelore/ette, etc.).....They can't do that because word would get out and the shows' credibility would be over.

They are all, however, completely staged. In the B/ette, here is what I believe happens:

The producers sets up the locations and dates, etc. but then tell the contestants "have at it!".

The B/ette sits down with producers each week and together they make a list of who stays and who goes. The B/ette gets to keep who he/she wants but they surround that pool with good tv filler who make for easy cuts down the road. They do that on Idol and America's Got Talent, and they do it here.

And, whilie they do NOT make Frank reconsider his relationship with an old girlfriend or make Justin R. two-time on Ali and the other 2, I do think the show works their contracts to get the most bang for their buck.*

The show casts up to 50% people not their for the right reason (as stated by Fleiss during his 20/20 interview).

They may do retakes of events which I imagine detracts from the original authenticity of the scene.

Interviews, blogs, etc. are screened by producers.

For lack of a better word, the show is completely "staged" or "set up", but I believe that all the discussions and emotions that go on within these parameters are real and not at all scripted.

* This show has been on for a kazillion seasons. These guys are complete morons if they think they won't get outed along the way and even bigger morons if they think the producers would give them a decent edit.

Maybe some don't care, e.g. the Texas singer from Jillian's season who is now on the Bachelor Pad. So long as he gets more airtime, so what? And for the producers, the more he drives ratings, so what? Justin is crying fowl right now, but if the show asked him to participate in a show like the Bachelor Pad, he'd be the first one in the pool.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-17-2010 at 03:01 PM.