Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast

Thread: Frank - Spoilers

Re: Frank - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3987846;
    Perhaps he didn't know it would have gone that direction. And agreement could have been made early on - and without him knowing the final locations or turn of events. I'm quite sure that if it was in contract, laid out in full details of what he will have to do to get money from them, he wouldn't have agreed to it. I've met a few people in my life that are void of any integrity - he could be one such man - but none of those I know would do such an antic on national tv - - generally, they do not relish camera life to expose their ugly side.
    I believe this describes one type of sociopath.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StellaGeorge;3989793;[B
    ]Maybe it wasn't 'out of the blue'.[/B] Maybe in all the lock-down time they have in the rooms between dates with Ali that he had time to think. And maybe being back in Chicago stirred up the curiosity and the wonder about a closeness he had with a girl that he wasn't getting with Ali with the exception of something shared with other men every few days. I wonder... could he also have had a lot of telephone time off camera with Nicole to iron out wrinkles in their relationship? It's far better that he bowed out than to go forward in a rruse with a divided heart. Couldn't imagine it would have turned into a marriage anyway. Seems Ali was more interested in finding someone to share in some crazy adventure/fantasies of hers and not so much make a family. I guess I just don't
    It was "out of the blue" for us viewers, though. Although we see Frank up and down with Ali, there is no denying that they edited him as terribly jealous of the other guys' time with her.
    Now, if I were completely unspoiled, and all of a sudden I see Frank in Chicago, and he for the first time starts talking about Nicole from his past, I am going to say, "What? Did I fall asleep during part of Frank's scenes? Who is this girl he is talking about, and how did we get from the jealous Frank of all of those episodes to he is questioning a love from his past?"

I think the editing perhaps should have introduced the dilemma with Nicole a little earlier. Perhaps we could have seen "moody" Frank thinking about her in some way, i.e. writing her a letter that never gets mailed, etc.

We know from RS that the agreement between the producers and Frank was that for him to leave he had to agree to stage the filmed reunion with Nicole on the HT, so something like the foreshadowed letter writing wouldn't have been that much fudging, and it would have been a smoother transition in the editing.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3991899;
    It was "out of the blue" for us viewers, though. Although we see Frank up and down with Ali, there is no denying that they edited him as terribly jealous of the other guys' time with her.
    Now, if I were completely unspoiled, and all of a sudden I see Frank in Chicago, and he for the first time starts talking about Nicole from his past, I am going to say, "What? Did I fall asleep during part of Frank's scenes? Who is this girl he is talking about, and how did we get from the jealous Frank of all of those episodes to he is questioning a love from his past?"

I think the editing perhaps should have introduced the dilemma with Nicole a little earlier. Perhaps we could have seen "moody" Frank thinking about her in some way, i.e. writing her a letter that never gets mailed, etc.

We know from RS that the agreement between the producers and Frank was that for him to leave he had to agree to stage the filmed reunion with Nicole on the HT, so something like the foreshadowed letter writing wouldn't have been that much fudging, and it would have been a smoother transition in the editing.
    This is why the hints were dropped into the previews....because somebody forgot to drop the hint into the story.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

I support Frank's effort at honesty. However, I totally agree with Ali that he should have said something long ago. Ali's desire for up-front honesty and her ability to deal with it are quite remarkable. They are the traits I like most about her.

In thinking about Frank's words and actions, I don't buy that he is really into his ex - at least not as much as he thinks. Little things give him away like when he said he wanted to visit her so see if there was still a "spark" or some high-school word like that while she said things like "you complete me". Him breaking up with her to begin with, and, his father saying Frank isn't ready for a relationship. They all add up to a guy who is not there yet - at least not with Nicole.

I think he got scared and ran, which was a huge blunder for both himself and Ali. I imagine that life outside show is vastly different and one of the likely reasons why most of the relationships don't last. Perhaps the reverse could be true. A guy who is on the fence during the show may turn things around after the show. Frank should have gone through the rest of the show, been honest with Ali about his feelings, and just seen where things took them. He may have found that he liked Ali much more deeply after the show ended and they were really free to be themselves.

Dollar-to-dollar, he's not that into Nicole, and he will regret not giving the relationship with Ali a chance.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-19-2010 at 11:46 PM.

He's still with Nicole, so I don't know about that.

Chris L got in touch with Frank and even met with him. So, if he's over it and ok with Frank, so be it.

It's all a crock!

Frank "emoting" about having feelings for 2 girls sounded like a bad tryout to be the next Bach and it was a downright mockery of what every Bachelor and Bachelorette ends up saying before the FRC.

Also note that Ali said even if Frank came back and said he made a mistake "it's too late" which would be a repeat of the Ali and Jake interactions last season.

The whole Frank set up also could very well be the platform/reason for Ali to choose no one ... because ... you know the drill ... they might not choose her back.

This show needs some new writers and editors.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm a little annoyed, I think RS was wrong regarding Frank. He said Frank would be the most hated man in bachelorette history but I think the opposite happened. He did NOT come off as bad as I thought he would have and I feel like the show gave him a big break. He didn't look like a Justin or Wes, there was a human and emotional side to their "break up", it felt like a real story that viewers could relate to. He tried it out with Ali, thought he could fall in love with her but his heart was with someone else. This happens in real life and he will be forgiven by the viewers because of that. Ugh.

RS isn't the best in explaining feelings or emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3992702;
    I'm a little annoyed, I think RS was wrong regarding Frank. He said Frank would be the most hated man in bachelorette history but I think the opposite happened. He did NOT come off as bad as I thought he would have and I feel like the show gave him a big break. He didn't look like a Justin or Wes, there was a human and emotional side to their "break up", it felt like a real story that viewers could relate to. He tried it out with Ali, thought he could fall in love with her but his heart was with someone else. This happens in real life and he will be forgiven by the viewers because of that. Ugh.
    Your right. RS is wrong on saying that he'll be the most hated man. Even Ali and Chris H said that he was nothing like Justin.

Frank really didn't come off all that bad at all. Even CH says he's not a bad guy and that made the edit so I think he really was on the rebound and made a huge mistake. In interviews Ali is still kindly to Frank and seems to understand why he did what he did even if she doesn't like it. She also knows they are still together.

We know CL and a few of the guys have hung out with Frank so they hold no ill will either. It sounds like they like him just fine and have moved on. I don't think he will be hated at all. RS overestimated that.