Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank - Spoilers

Re: Frank - Spoilers

Any more info about Frank's ex?

FORT Fan

His over the top reactions at the very first of the introduction of the show is what turned me off him. At that point, not knowing what I know now (that he had an ex he was still in love with and left at the FD) I was so afraid that he was going to be F1 - So glad I was wrong.

No one will ever convince me that a guy who is in love with a gal, would go on a reality tv show which involves a woman, trips, kissing, etc for his career. He is not in love with that gal to begin with, and the g/f who think its fine and wishes him luck, is just as bad.

The producers would most definatley do whatever they want with him, as we soon shall see!

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3918193;
    No one will ever convince me that a guy who is in love with a gal, would go on a reality tv show which involves a woman, trips, kissing, etc for his career. He is not in love with that gal to begin with, and the g/f who think its fine and wishes him luck, is just as bad.

The producers would most definatley do whatever they want with him, as we soon shall see!

JMO
    I checked to make sure we're in the Frank spoiler thread. Frank didn't dump his girlfriend to go on the show, and she didn't give him permission as his girlfriend to do the show for his career. There was a rumor going around they broke up the day before he left or whatever. According to RS, they were actually broken up for some time (he didn't tell me how long) but they were still talking. That tells me he knew he might have another chance with her, it wasn't a brutal break-up that severed their communication.

It's not uncommon for a person to start dating someone new and it makes them realize they really had it all with their ex, so they go back to the ex. That doesn't mean this person didn't truly love their ex, because they were willing to date someone new. It just means they needed some more dating experience to realize they want what they once had, so they go beg for another chance. I think that's similar to what happened to Frank, filming the show put things in perspective for him. Apparently he wanted to leave fairly early on and TPTB coerced him into staying.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3918215;
    I checked to make sure we're in the Frank spoiler thread. Frank didn't dump his girlfriend to go on the show, and she didn't give him permission as his girlfriend to do the show for his career. There was a rumor going around they broke up the day before he left or whatever. According to RS, they were actually broken up for some time (he didn't tell me how long) but they were still talking. That tells me he knew he might have another chance with her, it wasn't a brutal break-up that severed their communication.

It's not uncommon for a person to start dating someone new and it makes them realize they really had it all with their ex, so they go back to the ex. That doesn't mean this person didn't truly love their ex, because they were willing to date someone new. It just means they needed some more dating experience to realize they want what they once had, so they go beg for another chance. I think that's similar to what happened to Frank, filming the show put things in perspective for him. Apparently he wanted to leave fairly early on and TPTB coerced him into staying.
    Thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3918215;

Yup, this is the Frank spoiler thread.

How do we know they were broken up for sometime before he went on the show?

I don't have any issues with guys/gals dating different people once they have ended their relationship. I do have issues with going on a reality tv show for your career, or more dating experience, then telling them you want off because you want to go back to your old g/f because I have suddenly seen the light. So is the g/f taking him back?

I'm getting tired of MF's storyline, g/f at home, guy goes on the show to better his career, g/f waits for him to get off the show. Just like Justin and his two g/friends. I wonder if any one of them picked him up at the airport.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 05-29-2010 at 10:38 PM.

I will have to wait and see how he behaves in future episodes, but what is bothering me about Frank at this point is not that he broke up with a gf before the show who he still had feelings for (or who he maybe thought he was over, but learned otherwise), but that he was so over the top in his pursuit of and infatuation with Ali from the getgo. That to me doesn't sound sincere, especially coming on the heels of a serious relationship. Whether he was chasing Ali so hard at the prompting of the producers or to promote his career, I don't know, but either scenario, if that's how it plays out, will make me lose respect for Frank, and be less sympathetic to the humiliation of any tire tracks he will endure from the bus that will be running over him.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3918557;
    I will have to wait and see how he behaves in future episodes, but what is bothering me about Frank at this point is not that he broke up with a gf before the show who he still had feelings for (or who he maybe thought he was over, but learned otherwise), but that he was so over the top in his pursuit of and infatuation with Ali from the getgo. That to me doesn't sound sincere, especially coming on the heels of a serious relationship. Whether he was chasing Ali so hard at the prompting of the producers or to promote his career, I don't know, but either scenario, if that's how it plays out, will make me lose respect for Frank, and be less sympathetic to the humiliation of any tire tracks he will endure from the bus that will be running over him.
    You are absolutely right! He is over the top when it comes to Ali. Funny that Chris L wrote his name down on the card. Chris also said in a PI that Chris was really wound up and maybe that Ali needed a calmer guy. Also what was said here that the other guys did not fear competition with Frank, moreso with Roberto and Chris. So his drama was really uncalled for. I too will not have any sympathy for him.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

FORT Fogey

In Episode 1, Frank is identified as a Retail Manager where they show the guy's occupation. Is this a made up occupation or true? He identifies himself as an aspiring screen writer, which by my definition could make him unemployed; hence Retail Manager??

TB has yet to label anyone "unemployed" in his/her tag, although we've know several. (My favorite was season 1's Amanda, who was listed as a Wedding Planner after helping one gf pick out her dress, etc., lol.) I don't why TB felt "aspiring screenwriter" wouldn't sound good. Seems silly to me.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.