Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 724

Thread: Frank - Spoilers

  1. #111
    FORT Regular twothumbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    62

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Quick question for those with insight to the behind the scenes world of Bachelor-ville: what's the deal with Frank saying they wouldn't "allow" him to leave? Couldn't he have just NOT accepted the rose at any of the RC's between the time he changed his mind and Tahiti? I know it used to even be a part of Chris's monologue every season (sometimes every week!) that if you didn't think you had a future with the lead, you could and should not accept the rose. (I mean, we know a lot of roses were extended and accepted for other reasons )

    If he had done that, even if they made him go back and reshoot accepting it, there would be a whole lot of people out there (bachelors, crew, Ali herself) who would know that he wasn't interested. I think hearing one of THOSE rumors might make me feel a little more sorry for him than the "they wouldn't let me leave!!!" that I'm hearing now. (For that matter, I don't see why all the other "leavers" over the years haven't just not accepted the rose).

  2. #112
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by twothumbs;3938883;
    Quick question for those with insight to the behind the scenes world of Bachelor-ville: what's the deal with Frank saying they wouldn't "allow" him to leave? Couldn't he have just NOT accepted the rose at any of the RC's between the time he changed his mind and Tahiti? I know it used to even be a part of Chris's monologue every season (sometimes every week!) that if you didn't think you had a future with the lead, you could and should not accept the rose. (I mean, we know a lot of roses were extended and accepted for other reasons )

    If he had done that, even if they made him go back and reshoot accepting it, there would be a whole lot of people out there (bachelors, crew, Ali herself) who would know that he wasn't interested. I think hearing one of THOSE rumors might make me feel a little more sorry for him than the "they wouldn't let me leave!!!" that I'm hearing now. (For that matter, I don't see why all the other "leavers" over the years haven't just not accepted the rose).

    That's just an excuse. No one can keep him from leaving, They can't hold him hostage. They can screw over your edit when you leave but, they can do that even if you stay . That's what you signed up for them to edit you the way they want. If he stayed when he didn't want to it was because it benefitted him in some way to do what they wanted. jmo

  3. #113
    FORT Fanatic latergator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    668

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Is it possible that if Frank was a special exception and was 'hired' for his stint... perhaps he signed some special contract that he would not be allowed out for any reason until a certain level unless they chose to let him go before that? Sounds reasonable???

  4. #114
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3938973;
    Is it possible that if Frank was a special exception and was 'hired' for his stint... perhaps he signed some special contract that he would not be allowed out for any reason until a certain level unless they chose to let him go before that? Sounds reasonable???

    Even if there were some nefarious contract like that, which I doubt, all they could do is sue him. They couldn't keep him from leaving. They've got a contarct for people not to date or reveal things from the show 'til they are elimanted. But, people still do it and risk million dollar lawsuits, which they've never done. They couldn't keep him from leaving. He simply needed to be man enough to do it.

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    We are never going to know what really happened.

  6. #116
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Parents: Frank would be a good catch

    GENEVA -- There's a buzz about roses around town since Frank first professed his love to Ali on "The Bachelorette."

    Frank, a 31-year-old Geneva retail manager who originally is from Bartlett, got a rose from bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky and will be back on Monday when the reality TV show airs again on ABC.

    GENEVA -- People in retail in Geneva are thrilled to see a local on "The Bachelorette."

    "I am very excited to see someone from Geneva on the show. Frank seems to be a very good match for Ali and a little jealous of Roberto," said Lindsey Griffitts, senior sales associate at Anthropologie at Geneva Commons.

    Griffitts said she started watching the show last season and was very interested that Ali returned to find her true love.

    "I think she's going to end up with Roberto -- sorry Frank," she said. "The show definitely is going to let people know about Geneva."

    There is another Frank in local retail, but it's not the Frank.

    "I don't think my wife would appreciate it if I was on the show," said Frank Hattrem, 36, a fitness consultant at 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment in Geneva Commons.

    Hattrem said he finds out details about the show from his wife, who faithfully watches the program.

    "He seems like an all right guy and, like myself, determined. When he sees something he wants he goes after it," Hattrem said. "My wife is rooting for Frank."

    Linda Girardi, For Sun-Times Media If you do happen to have a Frank siting, don't be surprised if he's a totally nice guy, although he couldn't talk to The Beacon-News because of a contract agreement with the show, according to his mom.

    Frank's parents, Henry and Debra Neuschaefer of Geneva, said their son has been recognized around town as one of the bachelors on the dating competition program.

    "Frank has always been popular and has a great personality, and we are hoping that comes through on the show," Henry Neuschaefer said.

    Frank stood out among the original 25 suitors when he jumped out of the limousine's sun roof to meet Ali for the first time.

    "Ali, my love, for you I would climb the tallest tower, or to the top of the limousine, whatever might win your heart," he said before kissing her hand.

    Debra Neuschaefer said her son was nominated for the show by a former girlfriend with whom he's remained friends, even though they parted ways several years ago.

    "She thought he had a good personality and it would be a good way for him to find love," said his mother, who endearingly refers to her son as "Frankie."

    The Neuschaefers know the outcome of the show, but not necessarily all of the details leading up to the final episode. Frank and all his family members have signed contracts to avoid having the suspense of romance leak before it's supposed to. They did say he's remained friends with all of the guys on the show.

    "It's just been a blast to watch him," Debra Neuschaefer said.

    Next week, the remaining nine bachelors will hope to impress Ali during a trip to Iceland, where the bachelorette said she's sure to fall in love.

    "I think (the producers) like to add a little suspense and drama to the show. After everything plays out, people then might get to know and understand that bottom line: they are all really great guys," Henry Neuschaefer said.

    "I have always just loved my son's sense of humor and now I feel like I can share it with the world. I only wish there was more time to show the sense of humor of some of these guys," the proud father said.

    The Neuschaefers said their son has always been excellent in public speaking in his profession. Producers obviously were impressed. They said their son quit his job in retail management in Oak Brook to appear on the show.

    Frank was first interviewed for the show in Chicago and was flown to L.A., where he was interviewed in a circle of 15 producers. More than 500 bachelors auditioned for the show.

    "He's been spotted around Geneva in several places -- he gets noticed pretty much everywhere he goes," Debra Neuschaefer said. "It's new for him and exciting -- they are usually girls."

    The parents' last word about their son finding true love? "We hope he does -- and stayed tuned for more," Frank's dad said.
    Parents: Frank would be a good catch :: Beacon News :: Local News
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  7. #117
    FORT Fan UnRealLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    266

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    His parents must be clueless. I'm guessing they don't hear the roar of the bus engine heading down the road towards Frankie! Oh my!

  8. #118
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3939051;
    Parents: Frank would be a good catch
    Ugh. WTH is wrong with people! Their kid went on this show and screwed around with an innocent girl's head for weeks. What's okay about that? You want to go on a reality show? How about Big Brother? Or scrounge up a friend and go for The Amazing Race, but don't go on a show to mess around with other people.

    Also, I don't buy that he couldn't leave before Tahiti. What is this? A hostage situation? Is MF armed? Did he stand in front of the door and block Frank's exist for 6 weeks? This is a reality show set, not Alcatraz.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #119
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    521

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3939057;
    Ugh. WTH is wrong with people! Their kid went on this show and screwed around with an innocent girl's head for weeks. What's okay about that? You want to go on a reality show? How about Big Brother? Or scrounge up a friend and go for The Amazing Race, but don't go on a show to mess around with other people.

    Also, I don't buy that he couldn't leave before Tahiti. What is this? A hostage situation? Is MF armed? Did he stand in front of the door and block Frank's exist for 6 weeks? This is a reality show set, not Alcatraz.
    I agree. Ridiculous. Unless, Ali is in on it, but I don't think she is that good of an actress. She is obviously desperate for him to like her for some reason. He is not all that, boo, so relax.

    The whole producer manipulation thing is silly to me. Okay, so what if they said they would sue you. Frank is an unemployed retail manager who lives with his parents in Geneva, IL. Yeah, that would be a lawsuit that would get the producers a ton of cash. No he is a self-promoting, fame ho...like 85% of the other peeps in this show.

    Meanwhile don't give MF any ideas for new reality shows. I can see it now, Escape from Alcatraz...both a prison break and a quest for love.

  10. #120
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    18,977

    Re: Frank - Spoilers

    What I'm reading is that there is no girlfriend. An ex-girlfriend from quite a while ago nominated him thinking it was a venue for him to find love. So, the press spoilerage has been manufactured as well. I wonder who plays his girlfriend in the hometown footage we are supposed to see? The Fleismeister's PR department really handled this one badly.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.