Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3986910;
    Looks like Chris has been realy taken advantgae of by this show and by ALI.

TRUE spoilers about Rob are disappearing off the motherboard like lightening. That means Chris got shafted BIG TIME by Ali. She knew all along her choice was R, or R was a default because Frank was number one.
    Either way, Chris was treated like dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3987138;
    I don't really agree with this at all. He is having a wonderful edit, he is loved by so many, he's a great guy, and has everything going for him. This I'm sure has been a great opportunity for him, to travel, to potentially fall in love, and to tune into what he wants in a woman. I don't see how he's been taken advantage of by the show or Ali. There is a process to this insane show, and unfortunately someone has to be F2 if he is in fact F2.

It is true that if he is F2, it probably hurt; however, all the things that GA has said are also true.

In addition, if many of us are right, and Chris is offered the Bachelor position and accepts, he stands to earn at least $300K ( that is the last salary we heard) plus the perks and the money from the circuit gigs.
    Jake's ex said Jake told her $500K, and someone on the ABC Board wrote that DeAnna had said that she made a total of $600K from all of her gigs from both the Bachelor and the Bachelorette.

I don't know what people in the landscaping business make, but I am quite familiar with the salaries in education. That is like winning some kind of a jackpot to a teacher or even a principal. I don't care where you live.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3987625;
    It is true that if he is F2, it probably hurt; however, all the things that GA has said are also true.

In addition, if many of us are right, and Chris is offered the Bachelor position and accepts, he stands to earn at least $300K ( that is the last salary we heard) plus the perks and the money from the circuit gigs.
    Jake's ex said Jake told her $500K, and someone on the ABC Board wrote that DeAnna had said that she made a total of $600K from all of her gigs from both the Bachelor and the Bachelorette.

I don't know what people in the landscaping business make, but I am quite familiar with the salaries in education. That is like winning some kind of a jackpot to a teacher or even a principal. I don't care where you live.
    I guess I'm not making myself clear. Of course, the F2 gets hurt.

All I said was that after seeing the SC of ED(Chris' dad) crying, the humane thing to do was to take the knife out and let him go HOME ASAP. Don't prolong the agony with a sincere guy like that, who has given up time with his family because he thought he had a shot with her. Chris had A LOT riding on this.

Granted, IMO he was just filling a void with Ali, because she was the FIRST one he pursued after his mom's death. He got caught up in all this, like all of them. We see he's fine now.

If Cash' blog is true...Chris dodged a bullet.

IMO ~ I think that his Chris' father was emotional because he was
    witnessing his son fall in love. He was overwhelmed with emotions, and
    then the two of them leaving together. Like he knew Chris was
    on an important journey in his life, and Chris was finally moving beyond
    their family tragedy.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3987695;
    IMO ~ I think that his Chris' father was emotional because he was
    witnessing his son fall in love. He was overwhelmed with emotions, and
    then the two of them leaving together. Like he knew Chris was
    on an important journey in his life, and Chris was finally moving beyond
    their family tragedy.
    Well put Nibbles. All the reports out there say Chris is fine and very happy. I am confident his SIL and brothers didn't let him go back in a fantasy land. That was the major difference I saw between Chris' HTD and Reid's. Both very loving close families with 3 boys. However, Reid's older brother's were letting Reid do his thing. Because of the tragedy that the Lambton's had been through, they were much more protective of Chris. Ali knew they would be and was very nervous about if she would be accepted.

I haven't given up hope - nothing will be phenomenal except a Chris win. However, MF has lied before.

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite;3987709;
    Well put Nibbles. All the reports out there say Chris is fine and very happy. I am confident his SIL and brothers didn't let him go back in a fantasy land. That was the major difference I saw between Chris' HTD and Reid's. Both very loving close families with 3 boys. However, Reid's older brother's were letting Reid do his thing. Because of the tragedy that the Lambton's had been through, they were much more protective of Chris. Ali knew they would be and was very nervous about if she would be accepted.

I haven't given up hope - nothing will be phenomenal except a Chris win. However, MF has lied before.
    I haven't given up hope either ~ I'm kind of loyal that way!!

FORT Regular

I think Chris's dad's tears had as much to do with the overwhelming pride he was feeling in that moment for his son. He was watching his son being goofy and tender and loving toward this girl. Of course he knows he raised a great guy...but it kind of chokes a person up when you witness it. And yes he was happy that Chris was looking happy...but bittersweet that his adult son was leaving again however long it would be.

Chris is doing great, looking hotter than ever and is about to offered more money than has ever been offered in the history of the bachelor. I'm sorry but I don't want to see him turn down 700,000+ dollars. He's already lost his privacy. Why not make some major cash too? If it doesn't go well during his season then he can just drift back into his community and family who love him unconditionally anyway.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3987746;
    Chris is doing great, looking hotter than ever and is about to offered more money than has ever been offered in the history of the bachelor. I'm sorry but I don't want to see him turn down 700,000+ dollars. He's already lost his privacy. Why not make some major cash too? If it doesn't go well during his season then he can just drift back into his community and family who love him unconditionally anyway.
    If they are offering him that kind of money, then maybe he should go for it. I can't see Chris selling out for anyone and just MAYBE he will find that SPECIAL ONE because he sure deserves it.

FORT Fan

The only way I see him taking it is if he does it for his mother's charity. He doesn't seem like the type that money is his key objective.
    I love him, but hope he doesn't do the show.

Miss Pattycakes is that what you heard ~ $700,000 +
    That's a mere pittance to pay for the ratings they'ld get for
    keeping him on our screens another season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3987765;
    If they are offering him that kind of money, then maybe he should go for it. I can't see Chris selling out for anyone and just MAYBE he will find that SPECIAL ONE because he sure deserves it.
    Ya know ~ I could see the entire family sitting around at a table to
    discuss this. I can't help but think they'ld say "go for it"... what do you
    have to lose!!

Unfortunately, they're not familiar with Fleiss!!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-17-2010 at 01:34 PM.