Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

  1. #1541
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    202

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;3983576;
    Awesome! I have been avoiding watching any of the "love videos" about Ali and a guy because of the spoiled ending as it may be, so not getting invested.

    This video of Chris alone is one I can definitely handle! I think both Chris and Roberto seem to be great guys, but IMO Chris is simply irresistable. I continue to watch and follow news here now not for a love story but to be sure that Chris leaves not so heartbroken and is OK. (I am thinking Kasey's tattoo message,)

  2. #1542
    FORT Fanatic latergator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    668

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3983613;
    Well, I think we can safely assume that it was a set up. To me, that is not the point. What are the producers telling us as Chris hands over to Ali this rare gem (which by the way is tied to the rainbow)? I for one did not notice her throw the pearl back into the water!
    dixiechick I totally agree with you... like I said they still had to find the right oyster even if it was planted you could see the rainbow colors of the pearl when they are moving it about on Chris' hand, both their fingers touching it is so sweet

  3. #1543
    FORT Fanatic MissMilano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near Fantasyland
    Posts
    505

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3983624;
    Heading off on another tangent...

    At the HTD, Chris makes reference to "a perfect storm" when he and Ali are sitting on the love-seat awaiting his family coming to meet her. He says: "I'm very excited to see my family, I can't wait! I can't wait for them to meet her, and I can't wait for Ali to meet them... and can't wait for all that to happen! It's gonna be like a perfect storm."

    My understanding of a perfect storm is the meeting of just the right combinations of events at just the right time to produce something that is perfectly created. These events taken each on their own are normal and ordinary but brought together at a specific place in time, makes the event extraordinary or even phenomenal... (also we do have the phenomenal reference from Ed later in that date in his talk with Ali)


    Of course being who I am (the romantic and all) I allow myself to go further...

    --We have a homegrown Massachusetts girl who followed her heart and dreams (and a DB) out to California.
    --We have a homegrown Massachusetts guy who left his family to live a dream in NY only to come back home.
    --We have California/Massachusetts girl sitting on the beach looking out over the Pacific getting ready to search for love
    --We have the Massachusetts/NY guy sitting on the beach looking out over the Atlantic getting ready to search for love
    --The guy is totally taken with the girl and is approaching this like a real dating experience
    --The girl is dating 25 guys, but notices that familiar Massachusetts guy (states wow, my mom would like him, a Massachusetts guy.)

    Could each of these ordinary events come together to create something extraordinary? Perhaps a phenomenal ending to our story? If we are lucky MF will give us a love story, the love story this season... what the edit has been pointing to. Against all odds could this just be a perfect storm?
    My take on "Perfect storm" is more along the lines of what it says in Wikipedia: A "perfect storm" is an expression that describes an event where a rare combination of circumstances will aggravate a situation drastically. The term is also used to describe a hypothetical hurricane that happens to hit at a regionís most vulnerable area, resulting in the worst possible damage by a hurricane of its magnitude. Perfect storm is nearly synonymous with "worst-case scenario" although the latter carries more of a hypothetical connotation.

    I really like Chris (and Roberto and Kirk, etc. - learned long ago not to have a favorite for the bachelor/ette), but still think all of this is a build up for the "perfect" guy to have his heart broken in the end and become the next bachelor.

  4. #1544
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    I personally think it's a subconscious slip on CL's part to call it a 'storm'. Storm is NOT a good word to refer to a relationship, what more the perfect storm.

    I believe he knows Ali's not going to choose him or they truly aren't right for each other Again, he is an intuitive guy. This also explains why he keeps saying, the word 'if' alot too. If she's the one for me, if we indeed end up together, if this and if that.

  5. #1545
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    137

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Who MF picks as the F1 and builds his story around isn't always (ever?) who the girl picks. If it doesn't work out, then MF has the guy for the next bachelor.

    Jason would have given DeAnna's season the best ending - but she chose Jesse.

    Reid would have given Jillian's season the best ending and MF even brought him back to see if he could get it. Jillian chose the Ed the DB.

    Clearly Chris would give Ali's season the best ending, but we are being told that doesn't happen either.

    Have Chris or Roberto been seen anywhere? Ali is not doing any interviews? What's going on this season?

  6. #1546
    FORT Fan moonchild629's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3983609;
    What does the wine glasses on the tower mean?
    When Chris and Ali were leaving his home, he said I have one more thing I want to show you and led her to the back of the house where the tower was....there were no wine glasses in their hands. But once they are in the tower, you see two wine glasses containing wine sitting on the ledge. So, they were in the tower before it was time to leave.

  7. #1547
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;3983706;
    When Chris and Ali were leaving his home, he said I have one more thing I want to show you and led her to the back of the house where the tower was....there were no wine glasses in their hands. But once they are in the tower, you see two wine glasses containing wine sitting on the ledge. So, they were in the tower before it was time to leave.
    They weren't holding any wine glasses when they were climbing the tower though? I wonder if they fetched the wine later?

    Also, is the Land Rover or what looks like a Land Rover, CL's dad's car?

  8. #1548
    FORT Fan moonchild629's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;3983641;
    My take on "Perfect storm" is more along the lines of what it says in Wikipedia: A "perfect storm" is an expression that describes an event where a rare combination of circumstances will aggravate a situation drastically. The term is also used to describe a hypothetical hurricane that happens to hit at a regionís most vulnerable area, resulting in the worst possible damage by a hurricane of its magnitude. Perfect storm is nearly synonymous with "worst-case scenario" although the latter carries more of a hypothetical connotation.

    I really like Chris (and Roberto and Kirk, etc. - learned long ago not to have a favorite for the bachelor/ette), but still think all of this is a build up for the "perfect" guy to have his heart broken in the end and become the next bachelor.
    I think he was using it as a general term that everything would be coming together to create the perfect situation. He even said later that he felt that once she met his family and truly learned what he was about, that she wouldn't want to leave.

  9. #1549
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechick80;3983613;
    Well, I think we can safely assume that it was a set up. To me, that is not the point. What are the producers telling us as Chris hands over to Ali this rare gem (which by the way is tied to the rainbow)? I for one did not notice her throw the pearl back into the water!
    What was he supposed to do with it, chuck it in his pocket? He's on a date... with a woman. What man who has a even just a little bit of sense, would, on a televised date, find a rare pearl, (planted or not) and not give it to the woman?
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  10. #1550
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;3983706;
    When Chris and Ali were leaving his home, he said I have one more thing I want to show you and led her to the back of the house where the tower was....there were no wine glasses in their hands. But once they are in the tower, you see two wine glasses containing wine sitting on the ledge. So, they were in the tower before it was time to leave.
    Or he placed the wine and glasses at the top of the tower before she even arrived, planning on a nice little visit at the end of her stay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.