Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3983122;
    Question! In the preview with Ali and Chris finding a rare black pearl in an oyster, where was this? I know it was the FD, but where did it occur? Has them finding the pearl all been sorted out already as something that actually happened on coincidence, or as something that was faked by TPTB? If so, I apologize for dragging it up again if this was already determined.

I was searching through booking sites for pics of Le Taha'a's rooms, and I found something, shall we say, suspect. Says if you book the "Honeymooner Offer" you get a free Tahitian black pearl (possibly still in the oyster?) and a discount.

Chances of them finding one on their own were next to nil probably, but I read that and just went . All part of the storytelling, I suppose, if what I'm thinking is right.
    come on now VAgirl... I'm probably one of the biggest hopeless romantics on this board at this time and even I figured that this was a set up. But even with that said, they have to find the right oyster that has it... right???

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3983408;
    I'm no pearl expert, but it also looked like a spherical cultured pearl, which would have been farmed, not miraculously found on a Tahitian beach. Even the type that are not cultured, if they even exist in the waters surrounding Tahiti, would be collected by divers, not beach scavengers.

So yeah, absolutely some storytelling going on. . .
    My first thought was, "What are the odds of them finding such a (supposedly rare) pearl?"
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie

Just watched the new sneak peak on abc where Chris and Roberto profess their love for Ali. Listen to the sound of Chris's voice when he says, "I really see myself with you forever." After watching it several times, I am seriously doubting that this is Chris's voice!!! Call me crazy but this voice sounds different and the gravelly tone to Chris's voice is missing. Somebody else listen... man I need a life!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Believe;3983456;
    Just watched the new sneak peak on abc where Chris and Roberto profess their love for Ali. Listen to the sound of Chris's voice when he says, "I really see myself with you forever." After watching it several times, I am seriously doubting that this is Chris's voice!!! Call me crazy but this voice sounds different and the gravelly tone to Chris's voice is missing. Somebody else listen... man I need a life!
    On the media thread, it has been decided that is Frank's voice...
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Newbie

Thanks Bloomers! I'm off to the media thread.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3980712;
    She said "I like it when you kiss my neck" and he said something like "that's good, because I like doing it."
    Right before Ali said that, I got the impression Ali was avoiding kissing Chris on the lips. As if he had bad breath, or as if she didn't want to kiss him yet because she was thinking about someone else. She seemed evasive with her mouth.

Just my impression. I haven't rewatched it so I dunno, but that's how it appeared to me. I took that to mean she wasn't as into Chris as he was into her. If Frank wasn't leaving, I'm pretty sure Chris would be F3. I don't see any evidence that he can keep her stimulated.

Ali doesn't strike me as a "rocking-chair-on-the-porch-in-the-town-I-grew-up-in" type of girl, so I don't think she would find a lasting relationship with a "rocking-chair-on-the-porch-in-the-town-I-grew-up-in" type of guy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3983473;
    Right before Ali said that, I got the impression Ali was avoiding kissing Chris on the lips. As if he had bad breath, or as if she didn't want to kiss him yet because she was thinking about someone else. She seemed evasive with her mouth.

Just my impression. I haven't rewatched it so I dunno, but that's how it appeared to me. I took that to mean she wasn't as into Chris as he was into her. If Frank wasn't leaving, I'm pretty sure Chris would be F3. I don't see any evidence that he can keep her stimulated.

Ali doesn't strike me as a "rocking-chair-on-the-porch-in-the-town-I-grew-up-in" type of girl, so I don't think she would find a lasting relationship with a "rocking-chair-on-the-porch-in-the-town-I-grew-up-in" type of guy.
    I had the same feeling watching the tower scene. Chris seemed to be the aggressor and almost seemed to overwhelm her with his kiss.
    To me she does seem to affectionately love him in a more friendly way with the little playful pecks to him as we see in the deleted family wiffle ball game. I am thinking she really likes him and is glad that she has him as one of the good guys who stuck with her so she feels this way towards him. But sadly in the end he is not her "soulmate."

See I get the opposite impression that Chris holds back with Ali (not on the tower obviously) but in other situations he doesn't go for the kiss like in Portugal Ali is the one who initiated the kiss after she gave him the bracelet and then he became a little more comfortable. The same thing happened in the Lagoon. Also, when he greets Ali I've noticed twice that I think she is looking for the kiss but he's kind of unsure as to if he should or not. Even while rocking on the porch Ali had to kind of invite Chris to kiss her. I think he was still trying to figure out the right time to kiss her. The only time I've seen Chris be aggressive with kissing her was on their first date. I think they both had a couple of miscues throughout that date and he just decided that he was going to go for it and on the tower Chris takes the initiative which I was happy to see. Ali was sure holding on to him tightly and reciprocating and that was thee hottest kiss.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3983495;
    See I get the opposite impression that Chris holds back with Ali (not on the tower obviously) but in other situations he doesn't go for the kiss like in Portugal Ali is the one who initiated the kiss after she gave him the bracelet and then he became a little more comfortable. The same thing happened in the Lagoon. Also, when he greets Ali I've noticed twice that I think she is looking for the kiss but he's kind of unsure as to if he should or not. Even while rocking on the porch Ali had to kind of invite Chris to kiss her. I think he was still trying to figure out the right time to kiss her. The only time I've seen Chris be aggressive with kissing her was on their first date. I think they both had a couple of miscues throughout that date and he just decided that he was going to go for it and on the tower Chris takes the initiative which I was happy to see. Ali was sure holding on to him tightly and reciprocating and that was thee hottest kiss.
    For those that didn't see it, go back and watch again. The night it aired, that was my first impression too, that she was pulling back from him. But, after I watched it again, she is very much into that kiss on the tower. Chris said on the Portugal date when they were on the grass, that he was very nervous about going on that date, but no more. He is still extremely shy and giddy around Ali, but after the Portugal date and being on his home turf, he has come more out of his shell, thankfully. His brother even commented on his giddiness. He probably thinks that if he is too forward that he might push her away (maybe that has happened to him before). Chris, very much wants things to happen naturally, or it isn't real to him. That kiss (or group of kisses) on the first 1:1 date came naturally. They were both caught up in the moment, having a good time, appreciating the romantic atmosphere and it just happened. I also don't think Chris has become comfortable with the cameras under those circumstances. He is a very private person and he can talk in front of cameras all day, but passionately kiss a girl, that's a different story. He has no problem showing affection, even in front of his family. The passionate kisses have come when he gets lost in the moment and forgets about the cameras. JMO

That kiss on the tower was pretty steamy, as well.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Believe;3983456;
    I agree... sound more like Roberto's voice.