Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3979868;
    This is exactly where Fleiss/ABC wants everybody to be... rooting the "underdog" to win against spoiler odds.

During the final two weeks, this message board will be swamped with all kinds of baffling posts and nerve-wrecked posters. No doubt Fleiss & ABC are overjoyed that a huge cross-section of the viewers are obsessed with the spoilers and convinced it is Roberto or Nobody, preferably the latter.

I myself will be perfectly fine with a Roberto finale, but also be a bit angry that we didn't learn enough about his relationship with Ali to feel confident it will outlast the show. This is the PRIMARY reason I think Roberto is not final one... all because of his lack of "story". It has NOTHING to do with "connections", body language, amount of kissing, etc. I do not fool myself by what appears on my TV screen. For all I know, he and Ali may have had the best relationship... only we are not permitted to see any of it.

In addition, Chris' mother death/family story and classic line "I wouldn't have to tell her I think she's the one or 'I love her' or anything. I expect her to just KNOW that the two of us are good together and that we will last." both play a key role in Ali getting over her "fear of not being loved back".

Next week, Frankie will do his drama-business. Ali will cry at the rejection. Chris Harrison will comfort her. Late that evening, twenty posts will read "Was that all?"

Of course, Frankie will cloud up Ali's decisions... Will neither Chris nor Roberto love me back? Ooooo... the suspense will kill everybody. We already have the hokey "is it too late?" drama with Chris... "late" only in her nutty mind, of course. Obviously the hometown "roots" won't be the issue here, since he already said he was willing to collect garbage in San Fran. Just need to save up on airline miles.

Just call me cocky... or a free spirit of the "Damn the spoilers"/"Damn you're cute!" school. I will be smuggly anticipating what was stated back in episode #4 after the date card arrived in New York: "Get ready for the Chris & Ali Show. It's on!"

Mr. Harrison will introduce the future Mrs. Lambton to a cheering crowd and we will be given another recap of their Journey, starting with his funny limo speech, her nervousness at their first meeting, finding their "commonality", talking about Mom, the magical chicken soup (if they mention the deli on TV, Manhattan will run out of the stuff), make-out sessions to "It's a Brand New Day" (cue Ali line: "I was overwhelmed with emotion!"), more talking about Mom, an exploding volcano in Iceland that will put Eddie's Hawaiian one last year to shame, the line "...and if I could be half the husband he was for my mom, I'll be doing damn good and you will be a lucky lady", his Rocky stance at the olive-oil wrestle ("Chris, be careful!"), Ali revying up his moped motor, Dennis bracelets in Lisbon, the I-didn't-plan-to-be-so-surprised-hometown date complete with Daddy speeches, more make-outs in the tower and more make-outs in Tahiti before Frankie upset the mood...

... and all of those who didn't want him to win will forget all about the Weathermen, Craigs, Justin, Jessie & Jessica, Frankie & Nicole, Kasey, Rico Suave, Ty and Kirk and start melting in front of their TVs. ...Melting!

And if I'm wrong... heck, it's only a TV show.
    Gawd, I luv you!!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by laurabadora14;3979714;
    This probably has been discussed at length, so feel free to delete this but, I just watched the deleted scene on the alphabet site of their hometown date, and the wiffle ball in the yard is so cute, and has such a heart-tugging quality, just like the rest of the hometown date.

I'd like to jump in on this discussion if you ladies don't mind.

While watching Chris and Ali on the HTD I was literally melting. Not sure what it was about the date, perhaps it was Chris himself that tugged so strongly at my heart but oh my !
    Her face on when they were sitting on the porch was something beautiful - so soft and the 1st real emotion that I have seen on Ali all season.
    And to end it all - their kiss on the tower ....wowza ! Again the 1st passionate kiss I've seen all season. (hopefully someone will get that date onto youtube asap !).

Ali truly cannot see the trees for the forest and the gorgeous Roberto and the quirky Frank are blinding her to an incredible man. Hopefully, Chris will find a wonderful woman who makes him giddy and love him for who he really is.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3979908;

While watching Chris and Ali on the HTD I was literally melting. Not sure what it was about the date, perhaps it was Chris himself that tugged so strongly at my heart but oh my !
    Her face on when they were sitting on the porch was something beautiful - so soft and the 1st real emotion that I have seen on Ali all season.
    And to end it all - their kiss on the tower ....wowza ! Again the 1st passionate kiss I've seen all season. (hopefully someone will get that date onto youtube asap !).

Ali truly cannot see the trees for the forest and the gorgeous Roberto and the quirky Frank are blinding her to an incredible man. Hopefully, Chris will find a wonderful woman who makes him giddy and love him for who he really is.
    It is on U tube. search for ali chris lambton hometown date part 1, then 2, then 3

Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;3979913;
    It is on U tube. search for ali chris lambton hometown date part 1, then 2, then 3
    Wow - thanks for letting me know and to the good people that create clips and videos for us all to enjoy !
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3979908;

I think Chris is even more appealing on the HTD because he is more relaxed and confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3979868;
    This is exactly where Fleiss/ABC wants everybody to be... rooting the "underdog" to win against spoiler odds.

During the final two weeks, this message board will be swamped with all kinds of baffling posts and nerve-wrecked posters. No doubt Fleiss & ABC are overjoyed that a huge cross-section of the viewers are obsessed with the spoilers and convinced it is Roberto or Nobody, preferably the latter.

I myself will be perfectly fine with a Roberto finale, but also be a bit angry that we didn't learn enough about his relationship with Ali to feel confident it will outlast the show. This is the PRIMARY reason I think Roberto is not final one... all because of his lack of "story". It has NOTHING to do with "connections", body language, amount of kissing, etc. I do not fool myself by what appears on my TV screen. For all I know, he and Ali may have had the best relationship... only we are not permitted to see any of it.

In addition, Chris' mother death/family story and classic line "I wouldn't have to tell her I think she's the one or 'I love her' or anything. I expect her to just KNOW that the two of us are good together and that we will last." both play a key role in Ali getting over her "fear of not being loved back".

Next week, Frankie will do his drama-business. Ali will cry at the rejection. Chris Harrison will comfort her. Late that evening, twenty posts will read "Was that all?"

Of course, Frankie will cloud up Ali's decisions... Will neither Chris nor Roberto love me back? Ooooo... the suspense will kill everybody. We already have the hokey "is it too late?" drama with Chris... "late" only in her nutty mind, of course. Obviously the hometown "roots" won't be the issue here, since he already said he was willing to collect garbage in San Fran. Just need to save up on airline miles.

Just call me cocky... or a free spirit of the "Damn the spoilers"/"Damn you're cute!" school. I will be smuggly anticipating what was stated back in episode #4 after the date card arrived in New York: "Get ready for the Chris & Ali Show. It's on!"

Mr. Harrison will introduce the future Mrs. Lambton to a cheering crowd and we will be given another recap of their Journey, starting with his funny limo speech, her nervousness at their first meeting, finding their "commonality", talking about Mom, the magical chicken soup (if they mention the deli on TV, Manhattan will run out of the stuff), make-out sessions to "It's a Brand New Day" (cue Ali line: "I was overwhelmed with emotion!"), more talking about Mom, an exploding volcano in Iceland that will put Eddie's Hawaiian one last year to shame, the line "...and if I could be half the husband he was for my mom, I'll be doing damn good and you will be a lucky lady", his Rocky stance at the olive-oil wrestle ("Chris, be careful!"), Ali revying up his moped motor, Dennis bracelets in Lisbon, the I-didn't-plan-to-be-so-surprised-hometown date complete with Daddy speeches, more make-outs in the tower and more make-outs in Tahiti before Frankie upset the mood...

... and all of those who didn't want him to win will forget all about the Weathermen, Craigs, Justin, Jessie & Jessica, Frankie & Nicole, Kasey, Rico Suave, Ty and Kirk and start melting in front of their TVs. ...Melting!

And if I'm wrong... heck, it's only a TV show.
    I'm very amused by this post and would love for such an ending, but just so you know the part I bolded was Chris talking about his Mother and how she would have viewed his relationship with Ali, I'm not sure you got that. If I'm wrong I'm sorry for correcting you!
    Proud Member Of Team Sean Lowe and Team Chris Lambton

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by laurabadora14;3980023;
    I'm very amused by this post and would love for such an ending, but just so you know the part I bolded was Chris talking about his Mother and how she would have viewed his relationship with Ali, I'm not sure you got that. If I'm wrong I'm sorry for correcting you!
    That's OK. I double-checked... it is so easy to goof on quotes.

Got it right here. He was talking about his mother just before that line and, yes, he was partly thinking of her at the moment. Yet "she"/"her" is still Ali. The boo-boo is that he fails to say "Ali" in the sentence.

Did yiou see the new sc of
    chris and Ali on FD he found pearls for her!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3980088;
    That's OK. I double-checked... it is so easy to goof on quotes.

Got it right here. He was talking about his mother just before that line and, yes, he was partly thinking of her at the moment. Yet "she"/"her" is still Ali. The boo-boo is that he fails to say "Ali" in the sentence.
    Are you sure? Because the way that conversation was structured that whole part was about his mother. Especially with how his dad follows it with saying that was his mother's legacy... Maybe I'm wrong but I've watched this scene many times, and thats the only way that comes off to me...

Quote Originally Posted by asim;3980095;
    Did yiou see the new sc of
    chris and Ali on FD he found pearls for her!!
    Can you bring it over please!?!