Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

  1. #1351
    FORT Fogey chaslom4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    2,448

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;3979222;
    I believe him when he says he will follow the love. He loves his family and all of his good memories of them are connected to Dennis and the family home. It's a place that he will always return to as long as he has family there. The family is the tie more than anything. He did go to NYC for 5 years to follow his career and showed no indication that he would have returned home for anything other than a family problem. He was in graduate school following a career path in the NYC school system.

    Thank you. That was the point I was trying to make. He has already said he was willing to go anywhere if it was with the person he wanted to be with.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

  2. #1352
    FORT Fogey mnmhughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979215;
    Watching his dad tear up last night when he left and watching Chris running toward the SILs in greeting, I don't know how you can take him away from all that on a permanent basis? Visits aren't living and working with your dad and brothers day in and day out, having your kids get to know their cousins and go to the same schools, etc. When Chris left, he was very young, early 20s, obviously his life has changed significantly since his mother's passing and he is a different man than he was at 22. I can't see him happy away from home, especially sitting in the front row at DWTS watching Ali preening for the cameras.
    I completely agree! Yes, he did live in NYC - but that was before his mother died. Yes, he did say he would move for love and I believe he would, but I think he would get antsy after a little while.

    One of the big reasons Trista/Ryan lasted was that Trista was willing to relocate for Ryan. Ali is not willing to move, even if she acts that way.

  3. #1353
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979234;
    Just because he's willing to do it doesn't mean he's going to be happy long-term far away from the Cape and the fam.
    ALANNA - there are many people who willingly leave the Cape - and remain happy - and come HOME often - because this IS their home - and home is where the heart is - and if his heart/love is lets say in Vermont - then that will be their home - and the Cape will be a place of comfort and love - always - to return to - as long as he has family here.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  4. #1354
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by asim;3979242;
    And let's face it, if the person he was with, loved him as much as he loved her, she would in keep him in Dennis with his family.
    Exactly. Whoever is The One for him would never ask him to leave, no matter how willing he is to do it or not.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  5. #1355
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    171

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by appiah01;3978277;
    Yes, because people love Chris. I love him and talked to people who don't do the whole boards, spoilers thing and they LOVE Chris. Last night, he looked even more awesome. His family was amazing. Ali is going to be seen in a not so positive light. I think she's just young, immature, and inexperienced...although personally 26 is not that young to me but whatever. Chris seems to have his head on straight and at least he can leave the experience knowing that he is ready for something with someone new.

    ...and can I say, his sisters-in-law were the sweetest women. I think we New Englanders get a bad rep as not being as nice as Southerners but I think we actually are super sweet and his family showed that- sarcastic- absolutely but good, down to earth people in my home part of the country.
    The ladies in my office all had teary eyes last night. I have a 27 year old daughter and if there was ever a pick for a perfect son in law and family I could pick Chris and his family would be it. All I can say is that I have become protective of him and I don't want him to get hurt. Chris if I could--I would "Guard and Protect your Heart" . I know you will find your"Soulmate"
    I also cannot see him doing the Bachelor. I can't imagine him getting kissy face with so many women. He's on the shy side and I think affection is special to him. The only way I would see him doing it is if the money was great and he donated it to his Mom's charity. I don't see him doing it to get himself money like many.

  6. #1356
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    998

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979234;
    Just because he's willing to do it doesn't mean he's going to be happy long-term far away from the Cape and the fam.
    ITA. Taking Chris away from his family would just kill him. His father, too.
    I'm sure Chris is happier that things broke up. I called it a blessing in disguise, before last night. The HD solidified my feelings. I just didn't like the way things went down, and how he was hurting because he can feel she's NOT falling for him...that's where that VO comes in later : I cannot propose to Ali...I hope this show makes him stronger.

    Anyway, it's better this way than a few months later. He probably got home, and being removed from the show and healed quickly.

    Ali just says the most irritating things regarding Chris. It's like she discounts his feelings, instead of dealing with them and letting him go. I think the viewers will be upset with her for that.

  7. #1357
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3979211;
    OO BLOOMERS - I completely agree with you on this - Chris and Cape Cod are synonomous...... - but love can do strange things to someone - and it may even move him off the Cape - short term - even long term - with lots and lots of visits home
    The edit was everything on that HT last night. In my opinion, and I am trying to be unbiased, we were specifically being shown two things.
    One is that Chris and his home/family (and by extension the Cape) are synonymous as you say. He could leave, but he fits so perfectly. That is where he belongs. His brothers found partners to carry on the home traditions, will he?
    The other is that we are seeing the characterization of our next Bachelor developed beautifully beginning with the walk along the beach with his dog where he talks about his childhood to where he talks with his dad about his mom to where he interacts with his family members. Every scene, every VO builds this person until we will "know" him when he becomes the lead next season.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  8. #1358
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979267;
    I'm not sure what you're saying. His home is Cape Cod precisely because his family is there. His home is his family. It's not the Cape per se, it's the people there. Anyway, we can agree to disagree. I will not change my opinion that Chris doesn't want to leave his amazing family because that's his heart and soul, and whoever he ends up with will realize she cannot ask that of him.
    I don't believe that he would put his family first over whoever/one that he falls in love with like that - unless yes - they both did agree to remain on the Cape - yes - the Cape will always be home to him - but that said - when a man marries - his wife becomes his family - and that may not be a gal from Cape Cod - or one who wants to live there - but that does NOT mean that he won't be returning to the Cape by any means.......

    And for all we know - it well could happen that he finds a home-town gal and falls in love - stranger things have happened.....
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  9. #1359
    FORT Fan moonchild629's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    180

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979250;
    Exactly. Whoever is The One for him would never ask him to leave, no matter how willing he is to do it or not.
    So this means that she might compromise her dreams just to make him happy. There's no wrong or right in this. This is something that two people need to work out between themselves and come to an agreement that they both can live with.

    Trista completely changed the way she looked at things and reassessed her priorities to be with Ryan. I don't think she lost anything, but gained a whole lot. The question is, would Ali make that choice, when Chris has already said that he would follow the love.

  10. #1360
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild629;3979279;
    So this means that she might compromise her dreams just to make him happy. There's no wrong or right in this. This is something that two people need to work out between themselves and come to an agreement that they both can live with.

    Trista completely changed the way she looked at things and reassessed her priorities to be with Ryan. I don't think she lost anything, but gained a whole lot. The question is, would Ali make that choice, when Chris has already said that he would follow the love.
    Right, Trista did because she saw how important Vail was to Ryan, that it was inherently him and moved to be with him because he and the potential to have a loving family with him was worth it to her.

    As for Ali? No. She would not. At least not at this stage in her life.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.