Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

From what I can recall from Cash’s blog, Ali already had the age difference in the back of her mind and her brother expressing the same reservations possibly gave her another perspective on the age difference, almost as if he had justified her reservations – at least that’s how I interpreted it.

From what I saw last night, I don’t’ think Chris is anymore ready to leave his father’s house than his father is ready for him to leave. He most likely will someday, but I don’t’ think that day will be anytime soon.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3979155;
    Well, Fake Jake (32) was 'just right'...that's why I find Cash's blog a bit strange. It doesn't make sense.

I do think that Chris and Ali are not on the same page as to where they are in their lives. He's ready, she isn't. She wants to play for 5 more years as she said NUMEROUS TIMES, which again doesn't make sense about being engaged...unless thes people just like to hear themselves talk, and just say things to the Media for no reason (Ali).
    And yet, she seemed to have her marriage to Roberto all planned out. Not only balancing home and a career, but balancing children in this mix.

Chris is a smart guy. I doubt that he would rush into anything and would wait for Ali if he thought she was "the one".

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3979201;
    I don't think we should allow Ali the excuse that 25 is too young to settle down and be mature etc. Alot of people are happily married and have families by 25.
    All people are different so maybe for those people who are settled 25, they were more like Ali is now when they were 17 and she's going to be more like them now when she's 33.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979195;
    Total agreement. Chris may be willing to move because he's going to be a generous, loving husband but I can't see him being truly happy away from his dad, brothers, and sisters. His family is who he is and he needs someone who will understand that, appreciate it, and realize just how ridiculously lucky she is to be with this man and belong to this family. That someone is not Ali at 25.

I think they're perfect fits as far as their personalities but everything else is all off-kilter for them and too much for them to overcome to be together.

However, if we had an older, more mature Bette who could appreciate a gem when she sees one, there is no doubt Chris would have been the F1.
    Alanna, this isn't pointed at you, just that I keep seeing everyone say that Chris wouldn't be happy away from his family. We need to remember that Chris lived and taught in NY for 5 years. I'm sure he went home to see his family during that time, so why is it so unheard of that he could live else where, be happy and still go visit his family?
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3979183;
    Craig R. said during the commentary of last weeks show that CL may be the oldest of the guys there but he was still young at heart.

Correct if I'm wrong, but have we ever heard Chris say anything about how soon he wants children? I don't remember it if he did.
    The difference is 7 years. Ali will be 26 soon.

I don't think the age had anything to do with anything. Altho, she wants to play for another 5 years....and probably in Hollywood. Lifestyles and geography are an issue....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3979178;
    He did say he was willing to move, but that edit was so steeped in his home and his family. I was sitting here thinking back through the seasons and trying to pinpoint another hometown that might rival Chris's for this same feeling, and the only one that I could think of was Trista's Ryan. It was obvious that a large part of Ryan's heart could not be taken from the fire station in Vail, Colorado. That hometown showed us who Ryan was just like last night's hometown really helped us to clearly see Chris.
    OO BLOOMERS - I completely agree with you on this - Chris and Cape Cod are synonomous...... - but love can do strange things to someone - and it may even move him off the Cape - short term - even long term - with lots and lots of visits home
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979195;
    Total agreement. Chris may be willing to move because he's going to be a generous, loving husband but I can't see him being truly happy away from his dad, brothers, and sisters. His family is who he is and he needs someone who will understand that, appreciate it, and realize just how ridiculously lucky she is to be with this man and belong to this family. That someone is not Ali at 25.

I think they're perfect fits as far as their personalities but everything else is all off-kilter for them and too much for them to overcome to be together.

However, if we had an older, more mature Bette who could appreciate a gem when she sees one, there is no doubt Chris would have been the F1.
    I agree that Ali did not go into this as prepared as she should have been. I think she wanted to find someone to love and not necessarily a husband. Not saying that if she does choose Roberto that someday they won't get married but I don't think she was looking to walk down the aisle right away.

It's not her age (25) that makes her immature. Remember Molly was only 25 when she decided she wanted to be a wife and stepmom.

As much as I hate to say this ... they need another bachelor like Jason who is serious about finding someone and starting a life with them. I think CL would be this type of Bachelor and I think ABC could find him a nice woman who would love to move back to Dennis and have matching porch rockers.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3979207;
    Alanna, this isn't pointed at you, just that I keep seeing everyone say that Chris wouldn't be happy away from his family. We need to remember that Chris lived and taught in NY for 5 years. I'm sure he went home to see his family during that time, so why is it so unheard of that he could live else where, be happy and still go visit his family?
    Watching his dad tear up last night when he left and watching Chris running toward the SILs in greeting, I don't know how you can take him away from all that on a permanent basis? Visits aren't living and working with your dad and brothers day in and day out, having your kids get to know their cousins and go to the same schools, etc. When Chris left, he was very young, early 20s, obviously his life has changed significantly since his mother's passing and he is a different man than he was at 22. I can't see him happy away from home, especially sitting in the front row at DWTS watching Ali preening for the cameras.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3979178;
    He did say he was willing to move, but that edit was so steeped in his home and his family. I was sitting here thinking back through the seasons and trying to pinpoint another hometown that might rival Chris's for this same feeling, and the only one that I could think of was Trista's Ryan. It was obvious that a large part of Ryan's heart could not be taken from the fire station in Vail, Colorado. That hometown showed us who Ryan was just like last night's hometown really helped us to clearly see Chris.
    I believe him when he says he will follow the love. He loves his family and all of his good memories of them are connected to Dennis and the family home. It's a place that he will always return to as long as he has family there. The family is the tie more than anything. He did go to NYC for 5 years to follow his career and showed no indication that he would have returned home for anything other than a family problem. He was in graduate school following a career path in the NYC school system.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3979214;
    I agree that Ali did not go into this as prepared as she should have been. I think she wanted to find someone to love and not necessarily a husband. Not saying that if she does choose Roberto that someday they won't get married but I don't think she was looking to walk down the aisle right away.

It's not her age (25) that makes her immature. Remember Molly was only 25 when she decided she wanted to be a wife and stepmom.

As much as I hate to say this ... they need another bachelor like Jason who is serious about finding someone and starting a life with them. I think CL would be this type of Bachelor and I think ABC could find him a nice woman who would love to move back to Dennis and have matching porch rockers.
    I agree, Noobslueth. I would love to have CL as the Bachelor and do a season more like Charlie's where the dates seem a little more "normal" and not so extravagant.