Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3979143;
    And as someone else pointed out, Jake is about the same age as Chris or in the same realm.
    And Jason as well
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3979146;
    It's kind of funny how that's come full circle. I remember in the 2nd(?) week of TB, Chris telling Ali he had won in a flipcup tournament in Vegas, and a lot of people posted that he was too old to be doing things like that. I don't think her not choosing Chris would be about Chris, but rather her - She's too immature for him, and I mean that nicely. She's just not ready for all the lovely things Chris stands for and would provide.
    And - I think that ^^ says it all..........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3979104;
    According to Cash's blog, she said Ali's brother says CL's too old for her. Is Ali really close to her brother that she lets her brother 'choose' for her? In addition, CL's not that old, is he? Geezzz.
    Well, Fake Jake (32) was 'just right'...that's why I find Cash's blog a bit strange. It doesn't make sense.

I do think that Chris and Ali are not on the same page as to where they are in their lives. He's ready, she isn't. She wants to play for 5 more years as she said NUMEROUS TIMES, which again doesn't make sense about being engaged...unless thes people just like to hear themselves talk, and just say things to the Media for no reason (Ali).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979114;
    I'm about 100.1% sure 'old' is their euphemism for 'mature' and 'would want you to move to the Cape.'
    ITA! IMO, if anyone is questioning CL's age...it's referencing his maturity, growth, etc. Ali does seem "young" for him, at times, IMO. That doesn't mean he's not a great guy...I love both he and RM...or that they don't have chemistry. He just seems more grounded. Also, if you think about children and the time line being tossed around (5yrs), he may be interested in moving along the "family" train more quickly. I dunno? JMO.

I think when her brother suggests that he is too old for Ali I think he is not speaking literally. It has been mentioned that Ali likes older men so I don't think it's his age that's an issue. It's CL's lifestyle that might be too old for Ali.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3979123;
    There is an 8 year difference between Ali and Chris - but strangely - she has been known to like older guys - so if that is an excuse that she uses - his age - it is a cop out on her part.......

Other couples have had that same age difference........ Jason/Molly - Jake/Vienna.......

I am not so sure about Chris not being willing to move - he has said as much as well........ .
    He did say he was willing to move, but that edit was so steeped in his home and his family. I was sitting here thinking back through the seasons and trying to pinpoint another hometown that might rival Chris's for this same feeling, and the only one that I could think of was Trista's Ryan. It was obvious that a large part of Ryan's heart could not be taken from the fire station in Vail, Colorado. That hometown showed us who Ryan was just like last night's hometown really helped us to clearly see Chris.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie@this;3979158;
    ITA! IMO, if anyone is questioning CL's age...it's referencing his maturity, growth, etc. Ali does seem "young" for him, at times, IMO. That doesn't mean he's not a great guy...I love both he and RM...or that they don't have chemistry. He just seems more grounded. Also, if you think about children and the time line being tossed around (5yrs), he may be interested in moving along the "family" train more quickly. I dunno? JMO.
    Craig R. said during the commentary of last weeks show that CL may be the oldest of the guys there but he was still young at heart.

Correct if I'm wrong, but have we ever heard Chris say anything about how soon he wants children? I don't remember it if he did.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie@this;3979158;
    This cracks me up about Ali. She says she wants kids in 5 years yet CL is too mature for her. Does she not realize how long it takes to make a baby, how long it takes to plan a wedding, buy and move into a house, and start your own business? If she wants all of that in 5 years she should have started yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3979178;
    He did say he was willing to move, but that edit was so steeped in his home and his family. I was sitting here thinking back through the seasons and trying to pinpoint another hometown that might rival Chris's for this same feeling, and the only one that I could think of was Trista's Ryan. It was obvious that a large part of Ryan's heart could not be taken from the fire station in Vail, Colorado. That hometown showed us who Ryan was just like last night's hometown really helped us to clearly see Chris.
    Total agreement. Chris may be willing to move because he's going to be a generous, loving husband but I can't see him being truly happy away from his dad, brothers, and sisters. His family is who he is and he needs someone who will understand that, appreciate it, and realize just how ridiculously lucky she is to be with this man and belong to this family. That someone is not Ali at 25.

I think they're perfect fits as far as their personalities but everything else is all off-kilter for them and too much for them to overcome to be together.

However, if we had an older, more mature Bette who could appreciate a gem when she sees one, there is no doubt Chris would have been the F1.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

We know that Chris left home as soon as he began teaching. He even went to live in the big city. I have no doubt that he would have been able to fit in where ever, but maybe Ali didn't thinks so? Chris is the life of the party, but he is also so romantic. Ali may be watching the show now and she may be seeing sides of Chris that she never saw.