Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbyd;3979081;
    Sometimes when you are THAT smart, you have NO common sense.
    THAT smart is debatable...Ali did suppoSABLY say when she was with Chris that she felt love and WARMNESS

Quote Originally Posted by stephf;3979086;
    For Ali to ask Chris's father "so do you think Chris is ready to settle down" that has to be the most stupid question of the season. I was embarrased for her!!
    I think she knows how ready he is and is freaked out by it. She's not there yet, especially with him and wanted to confirm what she already knew. It wasn't like Jillian "so when are ya gonna pop the question, Sweaty Eddie?" but more like "ohhh man, let's make sure you're not taking your mom's engagement ring to Tahiti, Chris."
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Welcome Eastcoastmom.

What bothers me most about this show is how it has devolved from finding your love match to using it as a stepping stone to further your career.
    As someone posted earlier, finding love on this show is a coincidence or accident. The show's main purpose has nothing to do with finding love. It's about money and thus about ratings, which tptb believe comes from drama. Some of the drama falls in their lap, some is manufactured or embellished and that is what we have here. Make no mistake about it. It's TV.

I do think that the folks just trying to get famous view this show as an audition or something. It would be nice to at least weed the fame-seekers out but I guess they give us the maximum drama.

As far as Ali, I don't dislike the girl. I really gave her the benefit of the doubt last season when she was being bashed for treating Vienna badly. I really think Ali had a point, but I get that some saw her as a mean girl. Whatever the case, I'm almost resigning myself to the fact that maybe her whole thing with Jake was scripted. Don't want to believe it, but looking back and especially at that phone call then FFding to the Frank fiasco it just reeks. I feel like Ali's done a little fibbing. Where's Justin to call out the fibber?

How much irony do we have here. That's probably the most fascinating thing.

For Ali to ask Chris's father "so do you think Chris is ready to settle down" that has to be the most stupid question of the season. I was embarrased for her!!
    Really. I believe her words were "ready to meet someone." Um, what do you think Ali?
    She's just not it at all.
    Last edited by Luvvy; 07-13-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fogey

According to Cash's blog, she said Ali's brother says CL's too old for her. Is Ali really close to her brother that she lets her brother 'choose' for her? In addition, CL's not that old, is he? Geezzz.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3979104;
    According to Cash's blog, she said Ali's brother says CL's too old for her. Is Ali really close to her brother that she lets her brother 'choose' for her? In addition, CL's not that old, is he? Geezzz.
    I'm about 100.1% sure 'old' is their euphemism for 'mature' and 'would want you to move to the Cape.'
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979114;
    I'm about 100.1% sure 'old' is their euphemism for 'mature' and 'would want you to move to the Cape.'
    Ok in that case, Ali's brother does have a point

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;3979104;
    There is an 8 year difference between Ali and Chris - but strangely - she has been known to like older guys - so if that is an excuse that she uses - his age - it is a cop out on her part.......

Other couples have had that same age difference........ Jason/Molly - Jake/Vienna.......

I am not so sure about Chris not being willing to move - he has said as much as well.........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3979123;
    There is an 8 year difference between Ali and Chris - but strangely - she has been known to like older guys - so if that is an excuse that she uses - his age - it is a cop out on her part.......

Other couples have had that same age difference........ Jason/Molly - Jake/Vienna.......
    I know, surely she knew their age difference since M&G session. Or maybe I'm giving Ali too much credit. She did ask about CL's mom again in Portugal after he opened up already in NY. Sigh.. she probably doesn't retain anything he says.

And as someone else pointed out, Jake is about the same age as Chris or in the same realm.
    It will just be disturbing if in the end I feel like maybe Ali and Jake really were best suited for each other.
    And not for the best reasons. At this point they seem to have the most in common career-wise.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3979114;
    It's kind of funny how that's come full circle. I remember in the 2nd(?) week of TB, Chris telling Ali he had won in a flipcup tournament in Vegas, and a lot of people posted that he was too old to be doing things like that. I don't think her not choosing Chris would be about Chris, but rather her - She's too immature for him, and I mean that nicely. She's just not ready for all the lovely things Chris stands for and would provide.