Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3978690;
    I thought the most telling edit in last nights home town date was the conversation between Chris and his dad... about the soulmate stuff and could Ali perhaps be Chris' soulmate. When Chris said what he did about the picking and he didn't want her to pick him, but he wanted her to just fall for him... that was the big whoops moment for me.

Chris was sensing that Ali wasn't falling for him, he had said in Turkey and again in Portugal that he needed to step up and show her that he was there for her. He got mixed messages from her that I can see, and to me that's totally understandable... she is seeing other guys at the same time, and has different feelings for each of them. Can't fault Ali for that.

When I read Ali's blog today, it was obvious what she was doing as far as Chris... again some mixed messages from when she left his hometown date (where the PI's were done in the same clothes) to the RC where she has had time to think about it and get the cold feet and says the "it's too little too late" speech. She is distancing him now... before we see the connection in the next episodes (I don't doubt that there will be chemistry between them). But by putting this pause and question there now... it will be easier to pass it off as see, I told you after HTD this was how I was feeling. And that's actually a good thing I believe, I will have that to remind myself to go back and read it when I begin to question what is going on.

Personally I believe that Ali is intimidated by Chris, his love and his family, perhaps thinking that she is not worthy of that, and that she would mess it up somehow. Best to stay on familiar territory. I wonder now, watching the show back, what she thinks as far as her care-giving her grandmother, and Chris care-giving his mom. She may not have been quite so altruistic in her care-giving of her Grandma and it was actually more of a chore than she let on to Jake, consequently it was never on the radar when Chris told of his sacrifice to care for the one person he loved more than anything.

as far as the poster that asked what Chris and Ali said in the tower as he was nuzzling her neck...
    Ali: I love when you kiss my neck
    Chris: Well... it works out nicely---
    Ali laughs as Chris continues
    Chris: cause... I like it!

I hope that Chris runs as far and as fast as he can away from this show... they would chew him up and spit him out in a million pieces, and he is worth so much more that that.
    Bolded- That story line was there from the beginning when Chris said that Frank had a huge leg up on them getting the first date with Ali....
    I just wish Ali would have let him go sooner. THAT'S MY ONLY BEEF with her. He doesn't need to be chewed up an spit out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3978723;
    There is a VERY high level of intimacy among Chris' family members, and some people are not completely comfortable with that. She may very well be one of them, because I do think the conversations that require her to even hear intimate details are not her thing (or at least they are not her thing when she's being filmed.) Her eyes get very wide and she says "oh...ok...oh....ok...."
    I agree with this. I don't think she wants to be filmed being super intimate with anyone or hearing really personal, vulnerable details of people's lives. I think it's just because she's hyper aware of being filmed since the guys who have been so open with her- Chris, Kirk- are not the ones she's going to choose. We should [hopefully] start to see a really vulnerable and open Ali with Roberto during FDs and LCDs. And didn't Ali address this in an interview- she knew who was the guy because she didn't notice the cameras around them? So hopefully we'll see it.

Jobro, Chris was going to be let go at F3. She had no choice after Frank left.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular

Maybe the grandma thing became a bit embellished because of her image of leader of the mean girls against Vienna. By this time..it was figured out she would be leaving the next episode and was a prime candidate for the Bachelorette. Being grandma's caretaker was a great image restorer. I don't know her involvement with her grandma..she truly could have been the primary caregiver...but it was strange in my opinion that she hadn't realized any parallels prior to Chris's dad's statement. Most people would have I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3978728;
    I agree with this. I don't think she wants to be filmed being super intimate with anyone or hearing really personal, vulnerable details of people's lives. I think it's just because she's hyper aware of being filmed since the guys who have been so open with her- Chris, Kirk- are not the ones she's going to choose. We should [hopefully] start to see a really vulnerable and open Ali with Roberto during FDs and LCDs. And didn't Ali address this in an interview- she knew who was the guy because she didn't notice the cameras around them? So hopefully we'll see it.

Jobro, Chris was going to be let go at F3. She had no choice after Frank left.

Alanna we also need to remember, and I should have been using this I guess as a yardstick to measure... she said when she was into a guy she never noticed the camera's and when she wasn't she did notice them. So with that being said, it's too bad that production pushed Chris on her, wanting him to get to the top 3 to lure him into being the next bachelor.

Jobro I totally get what you are saying as far as letting Chris go earlier... but I am reminded of a conversation with someone where she said that she was told to keep a contestant to f2 as they wanted him for the bachelor. There is never a good time to break someone's heart... but if Chris did indeed think he was falling in love with Ali it's good that he had those feelings.

I'm reminded of something my husband used to say to me... that life and love don't require that you both look at each other, but that you both look in the same direction. Chris will find that person that is looking in exactly the same direction that he is... apparently Ali wasn't for what ever reasons she has.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjaki;3978738;
    Maybe the grandma thing became a bit embellished because of her image of leader of the mean girls against Vienna. By this time..it was figured out she would be leaving the next episode and was a prime candidate for the Bachelorette. Being grandma's caretaker was a great image restorer. I don't know her involvement with her grandma..she truly could have been the primary caregiver...but it was strange in my opinion that she hadn't realized any parallels prior to Chris's dad's statement. Most people would have I'd think.
    Good Catch.
    It sounds strange that she went from an entire Jake HD about Granny to not remembering. OUCH.
    I don't have a problem with who she is, but when she professes that she wants HONESTY...it bothers me when she takes the sincere ones for a ride.

Why doesn't she just say that she's NOT feeling it with Chris, instead of this 'too little too late...'? After all, six weeks of mutli dating is NOT where it should end. It's where the love journey should begin...if there is one. Sheesh- stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978799;
    Good Catch.
    It sounds strange that she went from an entire Jake HD about Granny to not remembering. OUCH.
    I don't have a problem with who she is, but when she professes that she wants HONESTY...it bothers me when she takes the sincere ones for a ride.

Why doesn't she just say that she's NOT feeling it with Chris, instead of this 'too little too late...'? After all, six weeks of mutli dating is NOT where it should end. It's where the love journey should begin...if there is one. Sheesh- stop lying.

I'm not convinced it was her idea to take him to F2. I think, as someone else said, it was TPTB. They had THE perfect guy!!! He has a backstory that makes every woman who watches the show want to comfort and protect him. His parents' motto is "Love is the only reality" (Can you get any more ironic than that for a ~ahem~ "reality" tv show about love?!); and he has a Repunzal tower in his backyard. The storyboard writers couldn't create a character that perfect.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978701;
    Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't quite know how to say without it coming out like a complete dis to Ali. I believe this is exactly why the connection didn't register for Ali. Either this or she embellished her story a bit or completely closed herself off to CL. I just can't fathom two more similar stories and everyone BUT Ali connecting the dots.
    Bingo!

Long-time Bachelor/ette viewer and FORT newbie. I'm watching this series now with a new set of eyes. I've realized over the years that many come on this show not for a chance at finding their soul mate but to further their career and get their 15 minutes of fame. Now, I can't fault any of the contestants for wanting a chance to travel and have an adventure but to me it seems disingenuous for the lead to say he/she is looking to find a partner when it's not the case. I want my fairy tale ending, dammit!

I couldn't stand Ali last year on Jake's season and this season she has done nothing to change my feelings about her. She's a pretty girl but ugly inside. She was mean to Vienna, who, while no prize, didn't seem to do anything to warrant the abuse suffered at the hands of Ali. Ali saw herself as head and shoulders above Vienna, fake boobs and all. Ali got all the girls to do her dirty work last season. And leaving the show for her Facebook job? Please, what bs! She realized she wasn't going to "win" Jake's heart and she bailed. Or perhaps Fleiss engineered the whole thing so she could be the next Bachelorette.

And while I am ragging on Ali, let me say how is it possible that this girl is a Phi Beta Kappa? She hasn't said anything that leads me to believe that there is too much going on upstairs. I realize that there is a lot of editing going on for the show but her reactions to conversations leave me puzzled. Poor Kirk is explaining his illness and how sick he was and she reacts as if he had just broken a leg... actually she didn't react at all. Has she no compassion? Did she not realize how very ill he was? I'm tired of her giggles and blank, vacant stares. And that rat's nest of a hair-do.

As much as I can't stand Ali, I can't fault her for choosing no one if she doesn't feel it with any of them. I think she had several quality men... Roberto (damn, he's hot), Chris, Kirk, and even Craig from Philly, who while not drop-dead gorgeous, was professional and funny, too. What bothers me most about this show is how it has devolved from finding your love match to using it as a stepping stone to further your career. But then, maybe it was that all along and I couldn't see that as I was expecting to watch a love story unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978799;
    Good Catch.

I really think we're looking in the wrong place if we're trying to find honesty on this show.....

It's a lie from the beginning. She's dating 20 people and it isn't realistic to think she'd have interest in more than two or three of them from the get-go.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;3978832;
    Bingo!

And while I am ragging on Ali, let me say how is it possible that this girl is a Phi Beta Kappa? She hasn't said anything that leads me to believe that there is too much going on upstairs. I realize that there is a lot of editing going on for the show but her reactions to conversations leave me puzzled. Poor Kirk is explaining his illness and how sick he was and she reacts as if he had just broken a leg... actually she didn't react at all. Has she no compassion? Did she not realize how very ill he was? I'm tired of her giggles and blank, vacant stares. .
    Sometimes when you are THAT smart, you have NO common sense. Everyone calls my oldest a genious and she most definately is but sometimes that comment makes me chuckle because she definately lacks in the old common sense department.
    Last edited by Shelbyd; 07-13-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added something

FORT Newbie

For Ali to ask Chris's father "so do you think Chris is ready to settle down" that has to be the most stupid question of the season. I was embarrased for her!!