Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3978501;
    I'm not surprised that Ali did not relate her own story to Chris' story. Ali is not real deep, I think that's pretty evident.
    I was surprised by that, as well. I thought we would have seen that conversation between them. Some of the other difficult conversations have been awkward on Ali's part (Kirk's illness, the first discussion about Chris' mom, etc.) Maybe that one was just too awkward to show?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3978510;
    I was surprised by that, as well. I thought we would have seen that conversation between them. Some of the other difficult conversations have been awkward on Ali's part (Kirk's illness, the first discussion about Chris' mom, etc.) Maybe that one was just too awkward to show?
    Perhaps it goes back to what CH said maybe two shows ago? He said something along the lines of you need to open your heart or I don't quite remember, but he called her out on being scared. Ali is wanting these guys to be open yet is she opening herself up fully? Perhaps that's why she keeps chasing Frank's affections. That seems easier to her than to accept the love from the guys who are there for her totally.
    Even when the dad brought this up she still just kind of said yeah well I never thought of that and that was it. She probably still didn't bring it up to Chris after that point, but who knows.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3978501;
    I'm not surprised that Ali did not relate her own story to Chris' story. Ali is not real deep, I think that's pretty evident.
    I can't believe that to be true. When Ali answered that she had not connected the dots, it seemed ridiculous. She made such a big deal of her nursing her grandmother in Jake's run.

What I'm trying to connect is that fact that CH says Chris L's relationship with Ali is growing like a normal relationship, which he loves...but is he saying that to prepare us for something?
    Also, didn't he say somewhere that she is sad she missed the point where she fell in love?...I'm sure I read that somewhere?

I'm trying to impartially see who this connects to, and the only guy i can think of is Chris. RObto has always been a frontrunner imo. He comes of like a Melissa and Chris L like a Molly.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978457;
    I thought that was the MOST PAINFUL part of last night's epi. So telling what a great guy he is. He wants the girl to fall for him, not a part of a flukey show.
    I know! I loved this! He wants really love and he wants it to be mutual- he doesn't want to be the winner, he wants Ali to fall for him. Ahh. Just like I think Reid's gf should have a standing order at the flower shop for Jillian, some girl is going to be worshipping Ali once she meets Chris and realizes what Ali passed up.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3978671;
    I know! I loved this! He wants really love and he wants it to be mutual- he doesn't want to be the winner, he wants Ali to fall for him. Ahh. Just like I think Reid's gf should have a standing order at the flower shop for Jillian, some girl is going to be worshipping Ali once she meets Chris and realizes what Ali passed up.
    Exactly! Just like the Limo Chris was in on the first night toasting Jake.

I thought the most telling edit in last nights home town date was the conversation between Chris and his dad... about the soulmate stuff and could Ali perhaps be Chris' soulmate. When Chris said what he did about the picking and he didn't want her to pick him, but he wanted her to just fall for him... that was the big whoops moment for me.

Chris was sensing that Ali wasn't falling for him, he had said in Turkey and again in Portugal that he needed to step up and show her that he was there for her. He got mixed messages from her that I can see, and to me that's totally understandable... she is seeing other guys at the same time, and has different feelings for each of them. Can't fault Ali for that.

When I read Ali's blog today, it was obvious what she was doing as far as Chris... again some mixed messages from when she left his hometown date (where the PI's were done in the same clothes) to the RC where she has had time to think about it and get the cold feet and says the "it's too little too late" speech. She is distancing him now... before we see the connection in the next episodes (I don't doubt that there will be chemistry between them). But by putting this pause and question there now... it will be easier to pass it off as see, I told you after HTD this was how I was feeling. And that's actually a good thing I believe, I will have that to remind myself to go back and read it when I begin to question what is going on.

Personally I believe that Ali is intimidated by Chris, his love and his family, perhaps thinking that she is not worthy of that, and that she would mess it up somehow. Best to stay on familiar territory. I wonder now, watching the show back, what she thinks as far as her care-giving her grandmother, and Chris care-giving his mom. She may not have been quite so altruistic in her care-giving of her Grandma and it was actually more of a chore than she let on to Jake, consequently it was never on the radar when Chris told of his sacrifice to care for the one person he loved more than anything.

as far as the poster that asked what Chris and Ali said in the tower as he was nuzzling her neck...
    Ali: I love when you kiss my neck
    Chris: Well... it works out nicely---
    Ali laughs as Chris continues
    Chris: cause... I like it!

I hope that Chris runs as far and as fast as he can away from this show... they would chew him up and spit him out in a million pieces, and he is worth so much more that that.

She may not have been quite so altruistic in her care-giving of her Grandma and it was actually more of a chore than she let on to Jake, consequently it was never on the radar when Chris told of his sacrifice to care for the one person he loved more than anything.
    Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't quite know how to say without it coming out like a complete dis to Ali. I believe this is exactly why the connection didn't register for Ali. Either this or she embellished her story a bit or completely closed herself off to CL. I just can't fathom two more similar stories and everyone BUT Ali connecting the dots.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978701;
    Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking but didn't quite know how to say without it coming out like a complete dis to Ali. I believe this is exactly why the connection didn't register for Ali. Either this or she embellished her story a bit or completely closed herself off to CL. I just can't fathom two more similar stories and everyone BUT Ali connecting the dots.
    It's also exactly what was on my mind...that more than anything it was part of her storyline....that perhaps there was a bit less involvement than it seemed? I like her a lot, but these people will use *anything* if suits their poorly-told story.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3978690;
    I thought the most telling edit in last nights home town date was the conversation between Chris and his dad... about the soulmate stuff and could Ali perhaps be Chris' soulmate. When Chris said what he did about the picking and he didn't want her to pick him, but he wanted her to just fall for him... that was the big whoops moment for me.

Chris was sensing that Ali wasn't falling for him, he had said in Turkey and again in Portugal that he needed to step up and show her that he was there for her. He got mixed messages from her that I can see, and to me that's totally understandable... she is seeing other guys at the same time, and has different feelings for each of them. Can't fault Ali for that.

When I read Ali's blog today, it was obvious what she was doing as far as Chris... again some mixed messages from when she left his hometown date (where the PI's were done in the same clothes) to the RC where she has had time to think about it and get the cold feet and says the "it's too little too late" speech. She is distancing him now... before we see the connection in the next episodes (I don't doubt that there will be chemistry between them). But by putting this pause and question there now... it will be easier to pass it off as see, I told you after HTD this was how I was feeling. And that's actually a good thing I believe, I will have that to remind myself to go back and read it when I begin to question what is going on.

Personally I believe that Ali is intimidated by Chris, his love and his family, perhaps thinking that she is not worthy of that, and that she would mess it up somehow. Best to stay on familiar territory. I wonder now, watching the show back, what she thinks as far as her care-giving her grandmother, and Chris care-giving his mom. She may not have been quite so altruistic in her care-giving of her Grandma and it was actually more of a chore than she let on to Jake, consequently it was never on the radar when Chris told of his sacrifice to care for the one person he loved more than anything.

as far as the poster that asked what Chris and Ali said in the tower as he was nuzzling her neck...
    Ali: I love when you kiss my neck
    Chris: Well... it works out nicely---
    Ali laughs as Chris continues
    Chris: cause... I like it!

I hope that Chris runs as far and as fast as he can away from this show... they would chew him up and spit him out in a million pieces, and he is worth so much more that that.
    There is a VERY high level of intimacy among Chris' family members, and some people are not completely comfortable with that. She may very well be one of them, because I do think the conversations that require her to even hear intimate details are not her thing (or at least they are not her thing when she's being filmed.) Her eyes get very wide and she says "oh...ok...oh....ok...."
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.