Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

  1. #1291
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    998

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978449;
    I do, too. To me it just solidifies who Chris is and what he wants. He wants love. He doesn't want to be the last man standing or the winner. He just wants her to love him and for Ali to be the girl who "makes nothing else matter."
    I thought that was the MOST PAINFUL part of last night's epi. So telling what a great guy he is. He wants the girl to fall for him, not a part of a flukey show.

  2. #1292
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3978438;
    I wish these people would get it through their skulls that, as long as they're still dating, it's not "too late." The painful truth is that she wants to be with one more than the other. Ouch...but a whole lot more satisfying than "It's just too late for you, F2!"
    That's the part that Chris can't do anything about one way or another. One of my issues with it being too late is how can you put a time frame on falling in love? Obviously within the parameters of this show, there is a schedule and a finale, but IRL, there is none of that. It is just irksome.
    Chris may be too late and too old for Ali, but I do find it funny that CH said this is normally how Ali's relationships are or begin.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

  3. #1293
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978457;
    I thought that was the MOST PAINFUL part of last night's epi. So telling what a great guy he is. He wants the girl to fall for him, not a part of a flukey show.
    That answer said everything you need to know about him. He's just dating, he's not on a TV show.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  4. #1294
    FORT Fanatic ko_vixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    902
    Posts
    655

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Okay, so after watching that show last night with all of the HTDs, I realize now more than ever that Ali is NOT ready to settle down and get married. I know a lot of you have been saying this already, but it became more clear last night. I think when she was at Chris' house and talking to his dad and asking him if Chris was ready to settle down and his dad immediately answered yes, she had a little bit of a look of terror on her face, and she even said during Roberto's date that she was getting cold feet.
    I think she DOES like Chris, and has a lot of respect for him and likes everything about him and feels protective of him, but she is not ready to settle down and she knows that he is. Why she is letting a good guy like that go (I DO believe the spoilers) I will never understand, but you can't force yourself to feel something more for someone that you do. Just because we all love Chris, doesn't mean that she has to.

  5. #1295
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    998

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen;3978469;
    Okay, so after watching that show last night with all of the HTDs, I realize now more than ever that Ali is NOT ready to settle down and get married. I know a lot of you have been saying this already, but it became more clear last night. I think when she was at Chris' house and talking to his dad and asking him if Chris was ready to settle down and his dad immediately answered yes, she had a little bit of a look of terror on her face, and she even said during Roberto's date that she was getting cold feet.
    I think she DOES like Chris, and has a lot of respect for him and likes everything about him and feels protective of him, but she is not ready to settle down and she knows that he is. Why she is letting a good guy like that go (I DO believe the spoilers) I will never understand, but you can't force yourself to feel something more for someone that you do. Just because we all love Chris, doesn't mean that she has to.
    <snip>

    She shouldn't pick the one we like. She should do things right, though.
    Treat the ones that treat her with respect the same way. LEVEL with them, sooner, not later.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-13-2010 at 02:30 PM.

  6. #1296
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978457;
    I thought that was the MOST PAINFUL part of last night's epi. So telling what a great guy he is. He wants the girl to fall for him, not a part of a flukey show.
    It was definitely a painful moment especially given what we know. In the same vein, but in another sense of the word painful, I found it weird that Ali didn't relate her own story of taking care of her grandma to Chris' story of taking care of his mom until the dad brought it up. Wouldn't that have been one of her first thoughts? Just shows she may have been listening to Chris but not necessarily connecting with him early on while he definitely thought that connection was building.

    Random thought.. I just watched the deleted scene and it really reminded me of the movie Dan In Real Life when they're outside playing football.
    That was a cute moment.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

  7. #1297
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    She's keeping the ones she wants to continue dating. She wanted to keep dating Chris.

    I agree that, when she does let them go, she should do it with grace and integrity by being truthful.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  8. #1298
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978495;
    It was definitely a painful moment especially given what we know. In the same vein, but in another sense of the word painful, I found it weird that Ali didn't relate her own story of taking care of her grandma to Chris' story of taking care of his mom until the dad brought it up. Wouldn't that have been one of her first thoughts? Just shows she may have been listening to Chris but not necessarily connecting with him early on while he definitely thought that connection was building.
    That struck me as very odd too, Luvvy. As soon as we heard about Chris L's mother at the beginning of the season we connected the dots, yet Ali did not.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  9. #1299
    FORT Fogey pattycake92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    I'm not surprised that Ali did not relate her own story to Chris' story. Ali is not real deep, I think that's pretty evident.

  10. #1300
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    998

    Re: Chris L - Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3978499;
    That struck me as very odd too, Luvvy. As soon as we heard about Chris L's mother at the beginning of the season we connected the dots, yet Ali did not.
    It goes to show you that she took Chris for granted from the beginning. He was just some dude from MA where she doesn't want to live....Plus, she was too busy chasing Frank, amd lusting for Roberto. Just sayin.

    I mean how hottt is Roberto? Note* her blog, again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.