Thread: Chris L - Spoilers

Re: Chris L - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by djogbenyuie;3978396;
    and i find it funny just a few hours ago everyone could "see" Ali falling for the guy and now it's just "she was dragging him on"
    She's doing both
    Maybe dragging isn't the best word, perhaps leading him on. I do think she is falling for him on some level, and I could see them building a relationship in real life together, but she (going by the recent spumors), she likely knew she didn't want Chris in the end for a while. He has been the most deep with her emotionally from what we've been shown, and knowing this I think it's unfortunate that he had to be hurt. I guess that's the nature of the show, but it still sucks.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978302;
    Did anyone else find is somewhat striking when Chris was talking to his dad that he said, "I don't want her to pick me, just fall for me." Or something to that effect. I think it's interesting how these shows end up writing themselves in a way. We know that Chris won't be picked at the FRC.
    I also noticed this! I respect him for it. I think he wants and deserves somebody that will totally fall for him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978412;
    She's doing both
    Maybe dragging isn't the best word, perhaps leading him on. I do think she is falling for him on some level, and I could see them building a relationship in real life together, but she (going by the recent spumors), she likely knew she didn't want Chris in the end for a while. He has been the most deep with her emotionally from what we've been shown, and knowing this I think it's unfortunate that he had to be hurt. I guess that's the nature of the show, but it still sucks.
    The part that bothered me the most is how at the end of the Chris HD she says they went leaps and bounds...a day later, at the RC she's back to 'too little too late...'
    I was like what's going on here?
    I'm like cut the dang guy loose, already. It's ok if you don't feel it...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3978412;
    She's doing both
    oh i'm sorry for the word...it wasn't what i meant and thanks for the correction...i mean i'm french native speaker sooo...
    And i understand your point now...but still it's rumors and my point is that she can know for a while something is off but my point is she was certainly feeling the same about all of them, even Kirk and Frank. So what could she do knowing that she had to work out those relationships to see were they go and choose the ones who had the best potential happy ending? i mean, i don't think she could have let him go before Craig R or Ty or even Kirk. So...i would say it was just like how things had to happen.

FORT Regular

I would love nothing more than to still think Chris and Ali are the real deal. I can still see it. But I've read spoilers...and I watched Roberto's date. He's a prize too..just like his dad said he was. I read a post somewhere that stated that Chris's dad seemed to be trying to sell Ali on how great his son was..didn't really grill Ali about what she could do for Chris. I get it...while working through the grief you just want some normalcy, some happiness...and you want it for your kids above all else. It wasn't just Chris who was vulnerable here. I also get why Chris went on this show in the first place...to try to move on in a fun, exciting way. He might be in his 30's but at times we all see that sweet loving little boy who I'm sure was his mom's heart and soul. Oh yes....his rejection scene is gonna be tough. Hopefully out of the bubble of the show though, he is fine (and reports say he is..thank goodness).

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3978420;
    The part that bothered me the most is how at the end of the Chris HD she says they went leaps and bounds...a day later, at the RC she's back to 'too little too late...'
    I was like what's going on here?
    I'm like cut the dang guy loose, already. It's ok if you don't feel it...
    I know. Which one is it, Ali? The writing is on the wall since Portugal probably since before then. As great as Chris and Ali have been together and as far as they've come, it's too late. She has already determined in her mind at least since we heard that VO that no matter what happens next that it's just too late for Chris. I think someone said before, but she got caught up in the moment at his HTD, and then when she went back to LA it was back to her 'too late' frame of mind. She's just not feeling it with him like she is with the other two, but goodness me, please no lame excuses.

oh i'm sorry for the word...it wasn't what i meant and thanks for the correction...i mean i'm french native speaker sooo...
    And i understand your point now...but still it's rumors and my point is that she can know for a while something is off but my point is she was certainly feeling the same about all of them, even Kirk and Frank. So what could she do knowing that she had to work out those relationships to see were they go and choose the ones who had the best potential happy ending? i mean, i don't think she could have let him go before Craig R or Ty or even Kirk. So...i would say it was just like how things had to happen.
    I wasn't correcting you. For some reason I thought you were referring to an earlier post I made when I used the phrase "dragging along."
    As far as this being how it had to happen, maybe yes, maybe no. I just feel like she knew from a certain point that it wasn't going to be CL and given where he was emotionally, she should have been more sensitive to that.
    Last edited by Luvvy; 07-13-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

I wish these people would get it through their skulls that, as long as they're still dating, it's not "too late." The painful truth is that she wants to be with one more than the other. Ouch...but a whole lot more satisfying than "It's just too late for you, F2!"
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT sun

Chris L's edit makes him seem to be the sweetheart character, so ,of course, it evokes protectionism, and a certain loyalty. And I do believe that the audience is fed up with lousey endings to this series. It is time to change it up. The audience has a wider information source than ever before. We have all seen other reality shows, which appear more "real". RS takes all surprise out of it. Prove him wrong... Out of frustration, I want to see it all blow up, and have the romantic Chris and Ali ending. But then, I don't know what Cash's blog said about Ali and Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldluvsbama;3978415;
    I also noticed this! I respect him for it. I think he wants and deserves somebody that will totally fall for him.
    I do, too. To me it just solidifies who Chris is and what he wants. He wants love. He doesn't want to be the last man standing or the winner. He just wants her to love him and for Ali to be the girl who "makes nothing else matter."
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjaki;3978430;
    I would love nothing more than to still think Chris and Ali are the real deal. I can still see it. But I've read spoilers...and I watched Roberto's date. He's a prize too..just like his dad said he was. I read a post somewhere that stated that Chris's dad seemed to be trying to sell Ali on how great his son was..didn't really grill Ali about what she could do for Chris. I get it...while working through the grief you just want some normalcy, some happiness...and you want it for your kids above all else. It wasn't just Chris who was vulnerable here. I also get why Chris went on this show in the first place...to try to move on in a fun, exciting way. He might be in his 30's but at times we all see that sweet loving little boy who I'm sure was his mom's heart and soul. Oh yes....his rejection scene is gonna be tough. Hopefully out of the bubble of the show though, he is fine (and reports say he is..thank goodness).
    I agree!! The Cape looks like a place I would love to live & Chris's family seemed like the kind of family I would love as well. It would be so great to step out of the back door & step onto a rainy beach. It is going to be heartbreaking if Chris is let go, but I'd feel the same way about any of the guys.

From all reports, Chris is doing just fine. He's got a great family & lives in a great place.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow