Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions - TV Guide

FORT Newbie

Re: Episode Descriptions - TV Guide

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;4008615;
    This sounds really interesting. Good storytelling.

However, what could she say to Chris for him to calmly tell her that he'll miss her ! He is in love with her and she probably told him that she doesn't love him. Would he believe her later if she goes in search of him to change her mind ? Not sure that this is the way it will play out.

OK, out of lurkdom again just to say how much I like how you laid this out and I think it may well happen. If you look at the photo of Chris by the palm tree again, he's not facing away, looking out to sea, he's facing the camera - or whoever's coming toward him!! Staying on the Chris train til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4008495;
    trying to play catch up here again... but, remember I'm a romantic and believe in the Ali/Chris love story all the way.

Ali goes to each of the guys and tells them before their LCD's that Frank rocked her world, and she is just too unsure, questioning her feelings and her judgments. She tells them she will understand that if they don't come to the rose ceremony that it's ok... she does not expect nor will she accept a proposal at this time.

When she comes to Chris for the LCD, after thinking about what she had told him, he tells her that he would rather leave now, why keep putting on this face, and being near her, but knowing he can't have her. Just like Ali had done before, cut it now, and don't prolong it. He might tell her that he loves her, and he totally understands that she can't make a decision, but he can't pretend just for the show. (we have the voice over of him saying "I can't propose to Ali unless I know she is in love with me").

She leaves the date without it being a date and has all evening and the next morning to think about this.

When she is getting ready for the rose ceremony she has come to the conclusion from grappling all night, that she indeed loves Chris and cannot see herself being away from him. Next day, FRC... she gets dressed, goes to the podium and waits. Roberto comes and she tells him what a awesome person he is, but she does not see forever with him. He leaves, and she waits for Chris to come back and get her. But he doesn't. He has gone back to that little island Moto TauTau where the tree is in Taha'a waiting for production to arrange for his passage home (remember on the catamaran trip, he said I would want one of those islands with a palm tree).

Ali knows she loves Chris... is confused that he didn't come for her, and then finally gets it figured out that she has to choose Chris before he can actually choose her back. Understanding this, she goes back to her room for the tennis shoes and the Dennis bracelet. Catching the boat taxi, she heads to Chris where he is standing there hoping against all hope that she figures it out, leaning against that palm tree.

Now this may be full of holes but that picture of Chris standing at that tree is pivotal somehow... Call it a gut feeling. Chris is the one for her based on the edit... She wants to test Chris, but needs to risk first. She takes the serious risk in letting him leave, and takes the ultimate risk in chasing him down and proposing to him.
    I ditto the remark: you should be a romance novelist. This is awesome!!
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4008620;
    That picture of Chris looking out to the sunset just HAUNTS me....when does it come into play?
    Maybe it is C. After no LCD?

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;4008803;
    Maybe it is C. After no LCD?
    That palm tree was located in Tahiti for the FD, not Bora Bora.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SDPB;4008786;
    OK, out of lurkdom again just to say how much I like how you laid this out and I think it may well happen. If you look at the photo of Chris by the palm tree again, he's not facing away, looking out to sea, he's facing the camera - or whoever's coming toward him!! Staying on the Chris train til the end.
    Look again at the arm touching the tree. That does not look like he is facing the camera for sure based on the position of the hand on tree.

Last year A said that Jake should come after her. then she calls to have him take her back. Forters said that story
    Lines repeat or finish out in next installment. Soooo maybe she goes after someone she let go?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4008813;
    That palm tree was located in Tahiti for the FD, not Bora Bora.
    Yes and it was shown in one of Frank's segments. I don't know where, perhaps at the begging or end of one, since I didn't watch them and only edited out the commercials!

But I did see that tree leaning over the water during a sunset.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerl;4008818;
    Look again at the arm touching the tree. That does not look like he is facing the camera for sure based on the position of the hand on tree.

Oops, I think you're right. Well, it still doesn't change my mind in agreeing with latergator. I think that shot is significant and, she's right, Chris would be back in Taha'a waiting for transport if Ali went to find him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4008779;
    I think the episode description is key. They don't mess around with those like they do with the commercials.

We know how each MTP went and Ali and Roberto have a LCD. If she wasn't interested in him, why have such a good time? Why would she not have a LCD with Chris L?
    Because it states in the TV guide that Ali's date with Roberto turned serious toward the end. I'm guessing she discussed Frank etc.

This is where she learns that Roberto didn't like what he heard...so why repeat the entire sequence and get Chris mad...

So the next day, she goes to Chris with a NEW PERSPECTIVE (probably decided to have the Frank discussion first, instead of waiting like she did with Roberto -the end of the date). That's when things unravel and they get into the heated discussion. The date doesn't happen, because emotions run high. What happens after who knows.

Look guys, this is a two hour show. What filler are they going to use to fill the time for CL's LCD which is not going to happen? If she just chooses Roberto at the FRC, where's the suspense and drama that we usually get waiting for that first leg to exit the limo at the FRC? Something else has to happen to fill that time. How boring will the FRC be unless she dumps Roberto too. She does look nervous waiting for whoever is coming to the FRC & CL is already gone. If it's Roberto, well I think he has been pretty clear regarding his feelings for her, so why would she be nervous?

I keep going back to the beginning of the HTD episode when they are showing the HTD episode coming up and Ali is crying at the RC when she lets Kirk go and in a vo it says "I know what I have to do tonight and I'm going to hurt someone that I really, really care about" and then the camera pans to Chris' face and she says "I don't want to do this." Of course, we know she was talking about Kirk, but I thought TP used that as a clue of something to come.

Remember another vo of Craig R saying "I've never been more ready to fight for her" and it shows CL raising his arms like in victory. This was on the Oil Wrestling date. However fruitless it might be, I'm going to root for Chris until the fat lady sings.

TP did this last season like when the Roslyn mess happened. Tenley said in a vo something like "I don't know how she could hurt Jake like that" and the camera panned to Ali.