Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Episode Descriptions - TV Guide

Re: Episode Descriptions - TV Guide

I thought he said you won't feel sad because you'll understand.

But what could the surprising turn be?
    Yeah this is the part that brings me down. What would surprise me about Chris and Ali's date? Certainly nothing positive because I can see their relationship growing and becoming better and better. Seems a surprising turn would be in a different direction. They're already on great terms and getting along just fine, falling in love, so a surprising turn would be the opposite of all of that, no? Would we really be surprised if Chris and Ali have an amazing date? I guess that's what I'm getting at.
    Last edited by Luvvy; 07-27-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fogey

And how do CL and Roberto's VOs about not proposing fit into this?

FORT Regular

If Ali does a total turn around after the HTD & FD with CL - all the comments, etc.
    it would be really, really disappointing and "how would we understand?" Very sad indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4007961;

Yeah this is the part that brings me down. What would surprise me about Chris and Ali's date? Certainly nothing positive because I can see their relationship growing and becoming better and better. Seems a surprising turn would be in a different direction. They're already on great terms and getting along just fine, falling in love, so a surprising turn would be the opposite of all of that, no? Would we really be surprised if Chris and Ali have an amazing date? I guess that's what I'm getting at.
    I get what you are saying, and I agree. Unless we are reading too much into it.

If Ali asks CL to leave before or at the beginning of the LCD, that would be surprising & shocking to a large majority of viewers who do not speculate or read spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by rooting4love;4007733;
    My first thought..."Oh crap"...They explain what A and R do on their LCD. They do not tell what A and C do on theirs. She turns emotional before she sees Chris, then she greets the "excited" bachelor, which means HE wasn't having any second thoughts. Then their relationship takes a surprising turn. To me, this has bad, bad, bad written all over it. No description of their activities, emotional, surprising turn. Well, we know how Ali turns herself off as soon as she knows someone is not for her. I could see her deciding after Roberto's LCD that he is the one. She gets emotional and decides she cannot "pretend" through an LCD with CHris, so she takes a risk for love and sends Chris home before he even gets an LCD. And that is the surprising turn - her sending him home before the FRC. I feel like I have been punched in the stomach - even though I had a feeling this was going to happen. Sigh.
    I hate to say it but I think this explanation seems the most likely taking all the spoilers and the episode descriptions into consideration.
    Good guess !

I too feel like I've been punched in the stomach but better now then next monday - this way I will be able to watch the whole thing playing out easily.

And to the posters who have said that is why she is being so good about the Frank situation .... she needs the same sympathy for what she had done !
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4007915;
    Maybe so. But what could the surprising turn be? That's the interesting part of the description along with a "new perspective." Both surrounding Chris's date with Ali.
    Maybe the new prespective is after Roberto tells her how he feels one last time about her she realizes 'wow I need to be with this guy' although this sounds cold (basically she would have to blow Chris's date off) that however, isn't Ali she seems so kind, caring, and compassionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4007961;

EXACTLY....from what we have seen they are both falling in love....Chris apparently already in love, so what would the "turn" be ? Can't point to anything uplifting or positive at all. I know we are going over this like forensics...and it's probably more simple than that. She let Chris go to spare him the RC and rejection then. That would be awful to have to lead him on anymore if you didn't feel it in return. Roberto must have really laid it all out there and she knew he was the one. Until I hear otherwise, this is what I'm going with....

trying to play catch up here again... but, remember I'm a romantic and believe in the Ali/Chris love story all the way.

Ali goes to each of the guys and tells them before their LCD's that Frank rocked her world, and she is just too unsure, questioning her feelings and her judgments. She tells them she will understand that if they don't come to the rose ceremony that it's ok... she does not expect nor will she accept a proposal at this time.

When she comes to Chris for the LCD, after thinking about what she had told him, he tells her that he would rather leave now, why keep putting on this face, and being near her, but knowing he can't have her. Just like Ali had done before, cut it now, and don't prolong it. He might tell her that he loves her, and he totally understands that she can't make a decision, but he can't pretend just for the show. (we have the voice over of him saying "I can't propose to Ali unless I know she is in love with me").

She leaves the date without it being a date and has all evening and the next morning to think about this.

When she is getting ready for the rose ceremony she has come to the conclusion from grappling all night, that she indeed loves Chris and cannot see herself being away from him. Next day, FRC... she gets dressed, goes to the podium and waits. Roberto comes and she tells him what a awesome person he is, but she does not see forever with him. He leaves, and she waits for Chris to come back and get her. But he doesn't. He has gone back to that little island Moto TauTau where the tree is in Taha'a waiting for production to arrange for his passage home (remember on the catamaran trip, he said I would want one of those islands with a palm tree).

Ali knows she loves Chris... is confused that he didn't come for her, and then finally gets it figured out that she has to choose Chris before he can actually choose her back. Understanding this, she goes back to her room for the tennis shoes and the Dennis bracelet. Catching the boat taxi, she heads to Chris where he is standing there hoping against all hope that she figures it out, leaning against that palm tree.

Now this may be full of holes but that picture of Chris standing at that tree is pivotal somehow... Call it a gut feeling. Chris is the one for her based on the edit... She wants to test Chris, but needs to risk first. She takes the serious risk in letting him leave, and takes the ultimate risk in chasing him down and proposing to him.

You should be a romance novelist, latergator. That sounds beautiful and makes sense.
    However, if that happens, I'll shave my head.
    Team Channy and Shawny.