Thread: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

Okay, anders322, You caught me off guard. Is your comment about Ali being able to talk Chris down from the
    ledge just a play on words? I have a lot of catching up to do.

Re: Bachelorette 6; Ali **Fantasy Dates & LCDs Screen Caps & Discussion*** Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;4009529;
    It's very possible that the episode description has made most of us conclude that CL is out at the LCD either by his choice or Ali's. Possibly Ali's "new perspective" is that CL is the F1, and their "surprising turn" is that there are no more doubts and the relationship has fast forwarded to ready for an engagement stage.

I think both men are fantastic.

I really like this

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luv_realityTV;4009569;
    Okay... here's where my brain is about ready to explode. If Ali rejects CL/CL rejects Ali at LCD and just ends with a Roberto proposal at the FRC then I have to question, what was the entire season's editing about? What was the point in all of the "fairytale" talk, the rainbows, sunset pics, the pearls, etc if CL was never really a contender for Ali's heart (as in being F3) If she didn't have strong enough feelings for him then why take him to F3, let him go at F4 knowing the guy has just gone through one of the biggest heartbreaks of life (losing his Mom).

Like many of you, I have been really trying hard to be non-biased in watching this season, although I do admit to having "fallen" for CL myself (but Sssh don't tell my Hubby). I get that Ali really digs Roberto, finds him sexy, etc, but my fear for her in choosing him is that it will fade like all the couples before her. After the MTA clips telling their story, I walked away from that thinking she'd just presented a great "commercial" for Roberto as the next bachelor.

I may be alone in this, but from week one I saw a spark between Ali and CL, which yes started as friendship but there was an ease to it. He even confirmed that in NY when he mentioned that "knowing" feeling with Ali. I think he said something like "I feel like I know her". Reminded me of in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks spoke of his dead wife, "I took her hand and it felt like Home, only a home I'd never known before". I understand that "knowing" because that happened with me and my Hubby (who I might add dated for less than 6 wks before we got engaged 17 years ago!). CL's Dad spoke of that same "knowing" between his parents.

Sorry this got a little long winded... but all to say that with ALL the editing we got about CL and his very strong feelings for Ali, my brain can't compute that all that information was in there for nothing or to set him up for some other woman as TB. I just can't buy it.

That being said, if she has chosen Roberto, I do wish them happiness and success because I really like Ali and think she was one of the best Bachelorettes we've seen. She carried herself well and showed great maturity along this journey! Roberto seems like a sweet guy too.
    That is the question of the century! We can discuss it more in the editing thread if you'd like

^^^I was checking to see if there were any new editorial pics out and saw that Getty Images have the same FRC pics up of Ali and they are dated 5/8 on their site. I'm not sure why that is though.

FORT Regular

I agree with Jobro - I believe that the fact the they made a point of showing Ali's father
    question both men - "are you ready? how can you be sure after only 2 months, etc." - AND
    they show both of their faces when the father questions them - they appear to both be
    bewildered...That to me is where it started and that follows with the hugging/crying SC and
    the Ali/Roberto on the bed "sad" SC - to stepping it up with the doubt surrounding CL and
    both men's PI's about - "I cannot propose if..." Doubt is everywhere - whether it all works
    out in the end or it gives Ali the perfect out - who knows!

FORT Newbie

Sorry first post but can someone post the meaning of "LCD" and "MTP" and any others I'm missing.

Couldn't find it on the FAQ page. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;4009593;
    ^^^I was checking to see if there were any new editorial pics out and saw that Getty Images have the same FRC pics up of Ali and they are dated 5/8 on their site. I'm not sure why that is though.
    Really? Anyone know that would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by yoelmo21;4009598;
    Sorry first post but can someone post the meaning of "LCD" and "MTP" and any others I'm missing.

Couldn't find it on the FAQ page. Thx
    LCD= last chance date
    MTP=meet the parents
    HTD=home town dates
    FD=fantasy dates
    FRC=final rose ceremony
    ATFR=After The Final Rose
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

yoelmo21: Welcome!

We've joked for many seasons that we need a "sticky thread" just for TB acronyms.

LCD - last chance date
    MTP - meet the parents
    FD - fantasy date
    FS - fantasy suite
    FRC - final rose ceremony
    ATFR - after the final rose
    AFRC - after the final rose ceremony
    M&G - meet and greet
    SQT - special quality time
    DH - dear husband
    DUH - dear unsuspecting/uniformed husband
    F1 - final one
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;4009610;
    yoelmo21: Welcome!

We've joked for many seasons that we need a "sticky thread" just for TB acronyms.

LCD - last chance date
    MTP - meet the parents
    FD - fantasy date
    FS - fantasy suite
    FRC - final rose ceremony
    ATFR - after the final rose
    AFRC - after the final rose ceremony
    M&G - meet and greet
    SQT - special quality time
    DH - dear husband
    DUH - dear unsuspecting/uniformed husband
    F1 - final one