Page 1 of 387 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

FORT Fogey

Editing Analysis

Although what I come up with is by far through sleuthing and speculation, there is no way that I can be sure or even want to promise that somehow something "tainted" with a spoiler won't make its way in; therefore, to stay out of trouble, I think I had better stay over here.

I am going to start with this post which I brought over. It is discussing the fact that during the last 2 seasons, the F1 came from the 3rd episode adventure or "thrill" date.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3894391;
    You are so correct - Jillian - zipline with ED - Jake - bungie jump with Vienna.

Although their date wasn't a "thrill" date, F1 Shayne's 1-1 with Matt was also during Ep. 3.
    It is not a given, of course - as Graham DeAnna's intended F1 and Melissa Jason's F1 had their dates in the 2nd episode - but I tend to keep my eye on that 3rd episode.

Again, unless they change pace completely, the trend has been to have the F1 has his/her 1-1 date early.

Why would this be the case? Here are some possibilities:

1. The F1 is singled out early (like at the M&G) or maybe pre-seaon by pics by the lead as a person of tremendous interest, and that is communicated to the producers. The date is then set up early.

2. The F1 is one of the group that has been pre-selected by the producers, and the F1 is (as Matt told Radaronline) "pushed" at the lead.

3. Since the F1 has the 1-1 date so early and the connection is made, there is more time throughout the season to continue to build on the developing attraction and relationship throughout the rest of the time spent with the group, etc. and during small 1-1 sessions.

Does anyone else think it is a mite odd that we got little or no description of what we think is Episode 3 in the Press Release?
    We can't be sure, but maybe we are playing hide and seek with our F1?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Re: Editing Analysis

Hmmmmm. I don't know Bloomers. It is odd that such a lengthy press release omits an entire episode. I don't know why they would omit the epi 3 dates because we may not know who went on those dates.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3894429;
    Hmmmmm. I don't know Bloomers. It is odd that such a lengthy press release omits an entire episode. I don't know why they would omit the epi 3 dates because we may not know who went on those dates.
    Does anyone other than me find this very detailed press release of the season, a bit unusual. I don't remember seeing such a detailed press release before the season concluded before. Is ABC trying to get back at the sleuthers by spilling the beans about most of the show, so early??? Just wondering - anyone want to hazard a guess.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3894436;
    Does anyone other than me find this very detailed press release of the season, a bit unusual. I don't remember seeing such a detailed press release before the season concluded before. Is ABC trying to get back at the sleuthers by spilling the beans about most of the show, so early??? Just wondering - anyone want to hazard a guess.
    If they were singling anyone out, it wouldn't be us! It would be RS, I believe. If anything, they may be trying to get ahead of all of us collectively by previewing as much as they possibly can without really giving too much of anything away.
    I do believe they realize they have to up the ante. The days of their throwing out a little bone here or there are simply gone. With folks like RS and all of the tools available to willing hardworking sluethers, way too much about the season can be discovered for them to handle the media in the same ole same old manner that it has always been handled.

We at the FORT have known for many seasons that they have monitored us! Therefore, it just stands to reason that they are monitoring Reality Steve to see how much and when he is going to spill as well. Thus, I believe, we saw the long, long Press Release which told much more than ever before without giving away too much.

What I found odd is this: As in the past, men will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a bachelor should decide that he's no longer interested in the Bachelorette, he can reject her invitation to continue dating.

You think this is a hint one of the guys rejected a rose?

Quote Originally Posted by UnRealLife;3894491;
    What I found odd is this: As in the past, men will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a bachelor should decide that he's no longer interested in the Bachelorette, he can reject her invitation to continue dating.

You think this is a hint one of the guys rejected a rose?
    That statement has been in the press release before & I believe CH also says it on the first night at the M & G. I don't think it means any more than it has in the past. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen this season, but it's not a new thing that just appeared in this press release.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Bloomers, I am just curious here. Are you going to attempt to stay away from the Spoilers side completely this season? In other words, does knowing how it all ends ruin everything for you? It sounds like RS is going to "blow the lid" off of Ali's Bachelorette season, and ALL will be revealed in a couple of weeks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3894547;
    Bloomers, I am just curious here. Are you going to attempt to stay away from the Spoilers side completely this season? In other words, does knowing how it all ends ruin everything for you? It sounds like RS is going to "blow the lid" off of Ali's Bachelorette season, and ALL will be revealed in a couple of weeks.
    No way, Jose'!! I absolutely love knowing the ending to everything because I can then watch how the book, movie, show (whatever) is constructed to reach that conclusion. What does the author (editor -s) say - what clues are given that ultimately point to the person at the end or the ending itself? How do they actually build it?

I first noticed that about myself when I read mysteries. I found myself re-reading the book to see where the clues were that pointed out the ending, so soon I was reading the ending first. I found I enjoyed the mystery far more, and I noticed that I almost enjoyed trying to discover how the mystery was created as the story itself.

I have worked hard at sluething out the F1 by studing the editing and comparing things through the seasons. Sometimes I would get a spoiler, but by far and away, it has been done by studying and analyzing which is my brand of sleuthing to come up with clues.
    But it would be a flat out lie to say that I don't adore the spoilers!

I just don't want to inadvertently mix a spoiler in with the sleuthing and either ruin it for someone else, or get my fanny into trouble.

I will be using RS's spoilers from the word "go" to compare them against what I already have. I expect some things to remain the same and for there to be some changes.
    I am very excited to see what he has to say, to campare it against what the FORT has sleuthed, and to compare it against what I have gathered from past seasons.

I'm ready! Le'ts go!!

it will be very interesting to see how "textbook" this season is. i'm eager too to see, knowing who the f1 is, when they get out of the limo, what time they get at the M&G, when their first date is and doing what, when their HTD is shown, what their FD is, etc etc etc.

it will be interesting to see if it all fits usual patterns, and what doesn't, and why
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3894429;
    My very first thought yesterday - when the press release came out - and which I posted as well - was - uuummmm - this is mighty early - and gee I wonder why LOL - but a good jump on you know who for sure - they can't let him have ALL of the fun - right?!?!? - AND mighty loaded as well - my second thought was that week 3 was missing - again - and I say that because week 3 has had NO info out there - AT ALL - no mention of an adrenalin date - and my third thought was of BLOOMERS and her edit analysis skills - and that is because I know that thinking sooo well LOL - and BLOOMERS has been right on so often.

YOU GO!!!!! Have at it!!!
    Last edited by Capegal; 05-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON