Thread: Editing Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3931100;
    The conflict with Ali and Chris could be as simple as her own issues - does she overcome her fear vs Chris making her believe - could be that simple
    After Frank leaves, she wonders "is there something wrong with me?" There's the conflict. It might seem to fit more into the Roberto story, but they could make it work with Chris too. After all, he seems into her.....she may be doubting it or asking why. Or it could even be a case of "I would not want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3931123;
    After Frank leaves, she wonders "is there something wrong with me?" There's the conflict. It might seem to fit more into the Roberto story, but they could make it work with Chris too. After all, he seems into her.....she may be doubting it or asking why. Or it could even be a case of "I would not want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    This is true but they've already started building this with Roberto. At this point, she still thinks and so does the audience, that there are 25 guys there just to meet and adore her and yet she's already worried she's not cute enough for Roberto. How much worse is it going to get after Frank and Justin?

ITA with Bloomers who pointed out that she and CL need a real conflict or issue to overcome so he can be her F1. It can be the insecurity thing but maybe he's just the F2 and the original story, Ali's low self-esteem, sticks with Roberto and her overcoming it to choose him.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3931095;
    In my opinion, and I am trying to stay unbiased, in order for Ali to select Chris they are going to need to show a distinct conflict separate from what we have been shown.

So far we have seen a great emphasis on the things which Chris and Ali have in common - things associated with drinking and her home state. Also, we are getting Chris's backstory. These things, however, represent fun, nostalgia, comfort, and unfortunately sympathy.
    We need to see the two of them really work through a romantic problem/conflict simiar to something like Jillian and Ed had where Ed's edit had at least indicated he gave up the work priority for the chance at love with Jillian.

There is time to build up some kind of conflict to be resolved, but they need to get crackin' imo on this issue; otherwise, you just have a girl who has been hurt one time too many ( sound familiar to any of you out there??) and a good ole boy who is finally going to love her like she deserves it. Sounds good, but this is The Bachelor and reality tv. It hasn't operated like that in eons - probably since Trista. Even Andrew had to overcome the hurt of the girl with the boyfriend back home and find his heart with the other one.

The other side will be the conflict which has already started building: Am I good enough? (Which I think is a crock of hooey, but just the same that is what the conflict looks like to me that she has to overcome if she decides on door # the other one.)
    I am trying to think here about Jake's season - was there a conflict with Tenley? These two on paper were a perfect match. Both seemed like church-goers. I know the conflict with Vienna was that the other girls did not like her but was there one with Tenley? I don't count the chemistry thing because that was way at the end at the LCD-he never mentioned a conflict, not even about her ex-husband. That was always brought up by Tenley.

I'm gonna go with this being Ali's conflict in general with her insecurities about not being good enough for anyone.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3931100;
    The conflict with Ali and Chris could be as simple as her own issues - does she overcome her fear vs Chris making her believe - could be that simple
    Reid wasn't even on the radar as possible F anything by the finish of epidsode 3, so Chris is not being hidden if you compare the two. I don't think Jillian even saw Reid in the picture at all til the snowboarding date off the train, whereas Ali is fully aware and attracted to Chris from the limo. I still firmly believe that they have spent quality time together that we are not being shown, just like they did with Ryan and Trista. With all due respect, Ryan and Trista never had to work through some sort of 'conflict' to fall in love. Just believe and they did, they went by their heart and gut, they both said that afterwards.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3931152;
    This is true but they've already started building this with Roberto. At this point, she still thinks and so does the audience, that there are 25 guys there just to meet and adore her and yet she's already worried she's not cute enough for Roberto. How much worse is it going to get after Frank and Justin?

ITA with Bloomers who pointed out that she and CL need a real conflict or issue to overcome so he can be her F1. It can be the insecurity thing but maybe he's just the F2 and the original story, Ali's low self-esteem, sticks with Roberto and her overcoming it to choose him.
    But there is time for her to get more comfortable with Roberto as time goes on. She already told him, when she gave him the FIR, that he made her feel comfortable. He made her feel safe on the date. Next week she will spend even more time with him, and so on.

I think it's possible that the Frank thing hits her so hard because it makes her doubt HERSELF. Not necessarily the guys, but her own judgment and her own read on relationships.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3931180;
    But there is time for her to get more comfortable with Roberto as time goes on. She already told him, when she gave him the FIR, that he made her feel comfortable. He made her feel safe on the date. Next week she will spend even more time with him, and so on.

I think it's possible that the Frank thing hits her so hard because it makes her doubt HERSELF. Not necessarily the guys, but her own judgment and her own read on relationships.
    ZM, you may have hit the nail on its head. What Frank did could have shaken her reasoning as to what her intended F1 at that point (which was probably not Frank) was thinking -- was the signs he was giving her true? was what she was feeling - correct? We have no way of getting into Ali's mind at that point in time, except to see that as far as this series goes, she was "shaken" by Frank's departure. And being shaken at this point in time, the main question is could she reason through this situation -- which in my opinion, she does and did.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti2620;3931178;
    Reid wasn't even on the radar as possible F anything by the finish of epidsode 3, so Chris is not being hidden if you compare the two. I don't think Jillian even saw Reid in the picture at all til the snowboarding date off the train, whereas Ali is fully aware and attracted to Chris from the limo. I still firmly believe that they have spent quality time together that we are not being shown, just like they did with Ryan and Trista. With all due respect, Ryan and Trista never had to work through some sort of 'conflict' to fall in love. Just believe and they did, they went by their heart and gut, they both said that afterwards.
    Out of the limo and him walking to the house she became tongue tied. Said "goodnight", not "see you inside and then giggled and they had a whole other conversation before he finally went inside. Maybe she was just nervous about meeting everyone or he had her from "hello".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom;3931190;
    Out of the limo and him walking to the house she became tongue tied. Said "goodnight", not "see you inside and then giggled and they had a whole other conversation before he finally went inside. Maybe she was just nervous about meeting everyone or he had her from "hello".
    I need to go back and see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom;3931190;
    Yes she did get all flustered and spun around to watch him walk in and he spun around back and they laughed. Also, at the first M & G, Ali said "wow, you are wicked hot"...to Chris..he said "wicked" back and now it's their little 'inside' word.

In my mind, when I hear Ali say that she had to make a lot of tough choices, I don't include the drama of Justin and Frank. I really think the tough choices were Kirk, Roberto and Chris and hurting them because she only had strong feelings for just one of them. She definitely in her PI on the dinner part of the date with Roberto felt insecure with him and not because he is hot and all but because he has traveled, spoke different languages and seemed a bit more cultured than herself. I think that is where the conflict lies. Not with his hotness so much but that he seemed maybe more refined if you will than she was. Seems that is what she means by being out of his league. I think if there is a conflict it is with Roberto and being up to par with him.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.