Page 97 of 387 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

After watching this last episode a second time. I can't believe how much slicing and dicing there actually is.

It was made to show that Ali chose Chris L to have the first one on one time with at the wrap party but, really it wasn't. I think it may have been Frank. She had a beer in her hand and was looking to her left when she said she was going to choose you. Chris L was on her right and she was holdind a glass of champagne or wine or whatever when she was with ChrisL.

It looked like Jonathon cut in on Chris and Ali's time but, the area was all wrong as I said in a post shortly after the episode premiered.

Then there's the sleuthed background from a hotel in Tahiti where Ali is wearing a long sleeved blue shirt that had PI's from Roberto's date shown. Well they were shown in the Bare Naked Ladies date as well.

Just wanted to share some of the things I saw. Wow! Just remember, Fleiss =

I remember hearing somewhere that once it gets down to the FD's and LCD's the lead and last two standing make more VO's and PI's about the whole season to use in editing.. don't remember if it was here of someplace else though

FORT Regular

Yes - CarrieAlexander - if you really watch the last episode - Roberto & CL make several VO with the
    same dark red/orange/curtain background - especially with CL - you can see that he has had quite a bit
    of sun - and he was describing things happening in the 3rd episode.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGirl;3930824;
    After watching this last episode a second time. I can't believe how much slicing and dicing there actually is.

It was made to show that Ali chose Chris L to have the first one on one time with at the wrap party but, really it wasn't. I think it may have been Frank. She had a beer in her hand and was looking to her left when she said she was going to choose you. Chris L was on her right and she was holdind a glass of champagne or wine or whatever when she was with ChrisL.

It looked like Jonathon cut in on Chris and Ali's time but, the area was all wrong as I said in a post shortly after the episode premiered.

Then there's the sleuthed background from a hotel in Tahiti where Ali is wearing a long sleeved blue shirt that had PI's from Roberto's date shown. Well they were shown in the Bare Naked Ladies date as well.

Just wanted to share some of the things I saw. Wow! Just remember, Fleiss =
    Thanks for pointing the editing of the last episode. Regarding Jonathan breaking in on Ali and CL, this is clearly not the case. When Ali and Cl were talking, look at CL's right hand (no watch band). When Jonathan walks up, you can see a guy's right hand with a watch band.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3930855;
    Thanks for pointing the editing of the last episode. Regarding Jonathan breaking in on Ali and CL, this is clearly not the case. When Ali and Cl were talking, look at CL's right hand (no watch band). When Jonathan walks up, you can see a guy's right hand with a watch band.
    I noticed that too. Plus there is the chair with the red blanket on it, the pool. A lot of things don't add up! The master of slice and dice thinks he is good, but we are better!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGirl;3930861;
    I noticed that too. Plus there is the chair with the red blanket on it, the pool. A lot of things don't add up! The master of slice and dice thinks he is good, but we are better!
    I agree, we are definitely better. And to add to that, I believe that together we on this board could write and direct a much better series than some of the ones who are "writers" now. Maybe we would not clip, snip and chop as bad.

I believe we would be able to notice more of the little things in a scene. But, realizing who MF is (or thinks he is) he probably leaves those things in just to see who of us will catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3930944;
    I agree, we are definitely better. And to add to that, I believe that together we on this board could write and direct a much better series than some of the ones who are "writers" now. Maybe we would not clip, snip and chop as bad.

I believe we would be able to notice more of the little things in a scene. But, realizing who MF is (or thinks he is) he probably leaves those things in just to see who of us will catch them.
    Amen to that! When they did the After the After the Final Rose with Jason and Molly, they did show how their love story developed. I know they got terrific ratings because of the scandal aspect, but I wish doing an AATFR would become standard practice so we could, indeed, see what was on the cutting room floor.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3930720;
    I think it is a disconcerting thought that they are *hiding* Chris L. Perhaps
    it doesn't bode well for Chris L fans. I think back to Jillian's season. Many
    of us were convinced they were deliberately hiding Reid. We did not
    have the early spoilers that we do this season from RS. We grew to love
    Reid, with his quirkiness, his sense of humor, and how *real* he was with
    Jillian. We anxiously anticipated his 1 on 1 date, and felt cheated by how
    little was actually shown. We were even more convinced that they were
    trying to hide him as F1. Early into the season stories started to surface about Ed and his multiple girlfriends. Many validated by posters on this
    board. He was crucified in the edit. The possibility of Ed as F1 to me, was not even a consideration. Jillian had two outstanding men in Kiptyn and
    Reid. The fact that they hid Reid meant nothing. A majority of the viewers
    fell in love with Reid, but Jillian did not.

I hope this isn't the same scenario all over again. Chris L fans may feel
    cheated in the end. Regardless, Ali's F2 are by all accounts ~ great men.
    I just hope if Chris L IS the F1 they show us their love story. I'm already
    disappointed that they virtually eliminated their scenes in the BNL video ~
    with her shaving him, and the warm embrace with back kiss. Both to be
    considered intimate moments shared by a *couple*. Why eliminate those
    scenes?
    Yup, both the Reid experience and the Amanda experience make you realize there can be "no" relationship rather than a hidden one -- but knowing, as you say, they have hidden intimate, fun scenes- shower/towel scene and flip cup make this seem different. It is disconcerting to think they might be "friends" in the way Jillian and Reid were - we realize now that's why she was so comfortable with him - because she wasn't head-over-heels about him. On the other hand, Jillian never said her and Reid's date was her favorite, and as others have said, CL is much more likely to express a commitment. I guess it's too early to know for now so I give TPTB kudos on their editing but hope they slip up soon.

FORT Fogey

In my opinion, and I am trying to stay unbiased, in order for Ali to select Chris they are going to need to show a distinct conflict separate from what we have been shown.

So far we have seen a great emphasis on the things which Chris and Ali have in common - things associated with drinking and her home state. Also, we are getting Chris's backstory. These things, however, represent fun, nostalgia, comfort, and unfortunately sympathy.
    We need to see the two of them really work through a romantic problem/conflict simiar to something like Jillian and Ed had where Ed's edit had at least indicated he gave up the work priority for the chance at love with Jillian.

There is time to build up some kind of conflict to be resolved, but they need to get crackin' imo on this issue; otherwise, you just have a girl who has been hurt one time too many ( sound familiar to any of you out there??) and a good ole boy who is finally going to love her like she deserves it. Sounds good, but this is The Bachelor and reality tv. It hasn't operated like that in eons - probably since Trista. Even Andrew had to overcome the hurt of the girl with the boyfriend back home and find his heart with the other one.

The other side will be the conflict which has already started building: Am I good enough? (Which I think is a crock of hooey, but just the same that is what the conflict looks like to me that she has to overcome if she decides on door # the other one.)
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

The conflict with Ali and Chris could be as simple as her own issues - does she overcome her fear vs Chris making her believe - could be that simple
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON