Page 9 of 387 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

I have brought this up before - but I feel every season there is a plant - just to get things started - more easily with the bachelor or bachelorette. I am reminded of the girl from Canada on Charlie/Sara B season - the one who was very sexy - made out with Charlie on camera etc. There was little Sara from Canada on Travis' season - very possessive, adorable with him - but then the exit with her being too immature. Melissa might have been the one on Jason's season - and then the plot developed to have her be the F1 (was Molly not ready to be engaged after such a whirlwind romance?). Stephanie on Andy's season - just a little too aggressive to be believed (for me). Wes perhaps for Jillian's. So Frank arrives - and I get the same gut feeling about him - humorous, quirky (just the type she talked about as being her favorite) - very at ease - have yet to see whether he shows genuine feelings towards Ali - but then he leaves right before the fantasy dates. It all fits - someone who she can have fun with - kiss (she may or may not know whether he is a plant) but no harm done. I can't buy that he leaves his girlfriend to do the show - stays on as long as he does - and then realizes he needs to go back to his girlfriend - unless it is a "hired" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3901953;
    I have brought this up before - but I feel every season there is a plant - just to get things started - more easily with the bachelor or bachelorette. I am reminded of the girl from Canada on Charlie/Sara B season - the one who was very sexy - made out with Charlie on camera etc. There was little Sara from Canada on Travis' season - very possessive, adorable with him - but then the exit with her being too immature. Melissa might have been the one on Jason's season - and then the plot developed to have her be the F1 (was Molly not ready to be engaged after such a whirlwind romance?). Stephanie on Andy's season - just a little too aggressive to be believed (for me). Wes perhaps for Jillian's. So Frank arrives - and I get the same gut feeling about him - humorous, quirky (just the type she talked about as being her favorite) - very at ease - have yet to see whether he shows genuine feelings towards Ali - but then he leaves right before the fantasy dates. It all fits - someone who she can have fun with - kiss (she may or may not know whether he is a plant) but no harm done. I can't buy that he leaves his girlfriend to do the show - stays on as long as he does - and then realizes he needs to go back to his girlfriend - unless it is a "hired" situation.
    Since I see the initial similarity between Frank and 500 Days of Summer Tom, I think you could be correct! He might have reminded Ali of that same character (IDK I did not see the whole movie) and this was the appeal. I think those in the audience that have seen the interview where she mentioned Tom will think the same thing.

On another note...

Since Roberto is in her F2 and he was chosen for the Episode 3 thrill date I am again very intrigued to know the thought process to which contestant is chosen for this date.

Why did Jillian take Ed? (F1)
    Why did Jake take Vienna? (F1)
    Why did Ali take Roberto? ( possible F1)

The thrill date in the past has gone to the F1 - but I would think that eventually the producers would mix things up a bit - otherwise it becomes a foregone conclusion. Also the first impression rose goes to Roberto - the F1 has never received the FIR. Vienna's edit was certainly different from the past - how could anyone think she was going to be the F1 !

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3902031;
    The thrill date in the past has gone to the F1 - but I would think that eventually the producers would mix things up a bit - otherwise it becomes a foregone conclusion. Also the first impression rose goes to Roberto - the F1 has never received the FIR. Vienna's edit was certainly different from the past - how could anyone think she was going to be the F1 !
    I just wish that TPTB would make the F1 a pleasant surprise. If I wasn't on these boards and had known that Vienna was F1 last season, I would have been horrified. That's not the feeling I want at the end of a series about finding love.

They have easily edited people to look horrific in the past, so why not edit the F1 to be somewhat likeable? I felt the same way with Ed, but that may be my intense love for Reid and respect for Kiptyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3902031;
    If the thrill date is always given to the F1, that would mean that the lead knows his or her F1 at that point right? I don't think that was the case with any of them though. I think the thrill date going to the F1 in the past few seasons was just a coincidence.

This season, the trend will be broken. I think Roberto will take second place. Ala Kippy.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3902190;
    If the thrill date is always given to the F1, that would mean that the lead knows his or her F1 at that point right? I don't think that was the case with any of them though. I think the thrill date going to the F1 in the past few seasons was just a coincidence.

This season, the trend will be broken. I think Roberto will take second place. Ala Kippy.
    Case in point - Jason's thrill date - bungi jumping - went to the F2 - but - eventually his F1 LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fan

Perhaps instead of intended F1 getting the thrill date, it has more to do with the thrill date enhancing the chemistry, thus creating the F1.
    It will be interesting to see how she and Roberto interact on the tight rope date vs her concert date with Chris in NY.

I agree. I think it was a coincidence too.

Quote Originally Posted by jannafan;3902201;
    Perhaps instead of intended F1 getting the thrill date, it has more to do with the thrill date enhancing the chemistry, thus creating the F1.
    It will be interesting to see how she and Roberto interact on the tight rope date vs her concert date with Chris in NY.
    I think in some cases the lead may know early on who they're feeling more of a pull towards, so they want to take their favorite on the thrill date. I also agree that sometimes I think the experience heightens the feelings that they may have for someone.

Jason really didn't have a thrill date until his FD with Molly and I don't remember a thrill date for Deanna. I guess they model the dates to something that the lead is more interested in...like Jillian must have loooooved zip lining.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by jannafan;3902201;
    I tend to agree with this. Even last season, Jake kept dwelling on the connection they made when they were both facing fears.

Being in that situation also forces communication enabling the Bach(ette) to see how they communicate with someone.

I think the F1/thrill date trend is a combination of luck, coincidence, chemistry enhancement, and just a pinch of planning.