Page 57 of 387 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 3863

Thread: Editing Analysis

  1. #561
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    22

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3923286;
    2-Roberto seems just 'polite'. I'm not getting an intense feeling/connection;it's like a good frienship....but where's the passion? I hope we see some of that later, cuz I ain't feelin it.
    Kip was polite in that same way too. They are both getting the same edit -- almost perfect guys, gorgeous, well-mannered, athletic, calm under pressure, charming, etc.

    And remember there was never a lot of passion from Kip. I remember posters commenting on how bad a kisser Kip seemed to be ("Duck Lips" nickname comes to mind). Then other posters would point out that Kip might be a GREAT kisser if he were actually kissing someone he was attracted to!

    So, I'll be curious to see if Roberto is a more passionate kisser with Ali than Kip ever was with Jillian. If Roberto's kissing is more passionate, like Frank's or Kirk's, then we'll have a good indication he's into her. Right now I don't sense it. And I would not use the term "giddy" to describe him at all. Should learn a lot Monday night if he returns her attraction.

  2. #562
    Team Gremily! Noobslueth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    I don't think Roberto is slick or anything but I do see him like Kip. I think he would have been an obviously amazing contestant regardless of who the Bachelorette is. Both men are attractive, successful, and socially refined. The Bachelorette could have been anyone and both of these guys would have been contenders.

    I see CL being cast for Ali... they have similar stories and hometowns.. this guy is definitely there for Ali. I could see Roberto with Ali but there are about a million other women that could see themselves with Roberto. I could even see him with Gia. If she does not choose Roberto he will make an amazing Bachelor and he can find a woman who is perfect for him.

  3. #563
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3923315;
    I agree - his story is yet to develop, we know he will tell Ali about his mom and we know they share time together after the BNL's video, but for now he's getting the Reid edit, where he's there, but there's not a lot to go on as far as why is she keeping him week after week. It's likely he will eventually become a favourite - we'll see.

    That cap was part of a scene that we didnt' see, and he wasn't shouting so much as he appeared to go in to bite him or something similarly agressive.
    I agree with this..I think after his 1:1 date next week he will become the favorite ...But it will be interesting to see if they Roberto in the lime light too..I think Roberto is getting the f1 edit so far..I just think week 4 is a little late to bring a f1 edit to Chris..I think because we know the f2 we see the edit a little different that the no spoilers do?

    Side note..why when I click on Edit it brings me here however it says Media?

  4. #564
    Team Gremily! Noobslueth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3923315;
    I agree - his story is yet to develop, we know he will tell Ali about his mom and we know they share time together after the BNL's video, but for now he's getting the Reid edit, where he's there, but there's not a lot to go on as far as why is she keeping him week after week. It's likely he will eventually become a favourite - we'll see.

    That cap was part of a scene that we didnt' see, and he wasn't shouting so much as he appeared to go in to bite him or something similarly agressive.
    Right now he is getting the Reid edit but his edit will not stay Reid's. The reason Jillian let Reid go instead of Kip was because at the end she wanted a proposal. She drilled him about his emotions and feelings constantly on their FD and all he gave her was hesitation. He was uncomfortable with how fast the process was and she did not feel confident that his feelings were going to have him getting down on one knee at the end and therefore she let him go. CL is very much into Ali right now and they have not even had a date together get. All we saw of Reid were quips about Ed being competition and him calling the other guys meatheads. All of CL's ITMs have been about his connection with Ali.

  5. #565
    FORT Fanatic latergator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    668

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3923281;
    Is he a fan favourite

    he's definitely a board favourite, but do we know what the unspoiled audiences preferences are?? We have to keep in mind when making statements like that that we and other message boards know who F2 are and that makes it easier to pick a favouite (if one so chooses).

    For all we know Kirk is a fan favourite, or Justin, or Ty Brown.....
    My 84 year old mother watches the show now, her guilty little pleasure that I got her hooked onto. She watches every Monday night then calls me normally Tuesday mornings to "discuss" the drama.

    Her take thus far from the first show...
    --Out of the Limo she liked Justin the wrestler guy, although she thinks he needs to drop the wrestling seeing as how he broke his ankle. He's just there for the exposure, but he's nice to look at.

    --She likes the baseball guy from Tampa, after all he's from Florida, and he's a cutie except for his eyebrows. Couldn't someone do something about them? She knows that Ali liked him, but she didn't think he should have gotten the Rose that first night.

    --Whats up with the guy that whispers? (Kasey) Maybe he thinks thats sexy, but she couldn't understand a word he has said.

    From the second show...
    --That little weatherman should go home. He's nothing more than a tattle tale and a poor one at that. She didn't like that he kept asking Ali are you sure you want me to tell you. Her words to me "He should've either sh&$ or got off the pot!"
    --She doesn't trust that ballplayer, what's his name? How did he just happen to have a ball and mitts to play catch. Do they expect us to believe he keeps them in the planter?
    --That Frank guy she had the date with needs some Ritalin or something. He would drive a person in a coma crazy! Please tell me she doesn't choose him, she is such a sweet girl.

    I said mom, how about any of the others, who would you pick? She said the guy from Nashville was cute, and he played the guitar nice. And she still likes Justin. I said how about that Chris Lambton? She responded "Who is he?"

    She knows that I normally watch the boards and get the inside information, and many times she begs me to tell her and then in the next breath she says not to. Last season I thought she was going to kill me when that nice boy Jake picked that trashy Vienna, how could I not tell her so she would be prepared!

    Although she is on the computer, she avoids anything that would spoil it for her, doesn't watch the media clips about the show or read any of the boards. Just watches the show for the entertainment value. Oh, I forgot to add, she positively enjoyed Craig M and his shenanigans... said it was obvious that he was over the top and probably drunk, but of the two that were involved she thought the little weatherman should have gone home, Craig made the night entertaining. She loved the ending credits with him acting like a pirate.

  6. #566
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Thanks to the staff. I was just moving my post to this thread because I realized that's where it belongs. Sorry for creating more work for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3923335;
    I don't think Roberto is slick or anything but I do see him like Kip. I think he would have been an obviously amazing contestant regardless of who the Bachelorette is. Both men are attractive, successful, and socially refined. The Bachelorette could have been anyone and both of these guys would have been contenders.

    I see CL being cast for Ali... they have similar stories and hometowns.. this guy is definitely there for Ali. I could see Roberto with Ali but there are about a million other women that could see themselves with Roberto. I could even see him with Gia. If she does not choose Roberto he will make an amazing Bachelor and he can find a woman who is perfect for him.
    My thoughts exactly. I definitely don't find Roberto to be slick but it kind of feels like his moves are a little impersonal and would be the same regardless of who the B'ette was. I think part of the problem as far as us buying into his attraction to Ali is that we know most of these guys were cast without knowing the b'ette was Ali and so we look for a little something more to figure what would attract them to her. Just because Ali's attractive and tomboyish doesn't mean all the guys there are immediately going to be into her and according to Craig M and Chris H-W they actually weren't so I'd imagine there were others like that (like Frank). With Chris L they've already shown him to be somebody who watched Ali on Jake's season so people are more likely to buy into his crush on her.

    But that's mostly a storytelling issue, it doesn't necessarily mean Roberto's not into her or he won't be more into her than Chris L will be when CL finally gets some quality time with Ali.

    The stopping midpoint for a kiss on the highwire thing in the 1-on-1 date preview seemed kind of staged to me. But it'll be cute anyway.

    nd4reality: I agree that right now it's hard to imagine any real story with Roberto as F1, it'll be just be a no-surprise progression thing with all the other drama there for a sideshow for media buzz. If I had to guess right now that's how I see it going too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3923351;
    Right now he is getting the Reid edit but his edit will not stay Reid's. The reason Jillian let Reid go instead of Kip was because at the end she wanted a proposal. She drilled him about his emotions and feelings constantly on their FD and all he gave her was hesitation. He was uncomfortable with how fast the process was and she did not feel confident that his feelings were going to have him getting down on one knee at the end and therefore she let him go. CL is very much into Ali right now and they have not even had a date together get. All we saw of Reid were quips about Ed being competition and him calling the other guys meatheads. All of CL's ITMs have been about his connection with Ali.
    I agree with a lot of this with 1 caveat. Didn't we get a preview voiceover of CL hedging about whether he could propose if he doesn't know Ali's ready to fall in love with him? If Ali/the producers want a proposal at the end that's a Reidish sign for CL.

    Jake may have been well thought of outside this board but Fleiss has admitted they wanted Reid over him and we've heard from reliable sources that Kiptyn turned them down too. So Jake wasn't as popular as those 2 were even among the general public.

    As far as CL's fan favorite status the Entertainment Weekly recapper has identified him as her crush for the season so I think people have noticed him. I wouldn't say he's widely considered a favorite for Ali's heart though.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-04-2010 at 11:32 AM.

  7. #567
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3923305;
    A good example here is Jake. Jake was not particularly a favorite on this board, but he was definitely well thought of by the home viewers and on other boards. I suspect Chris is going to be a fan favorite because they are going to present his story in such a heart-rendering way and because they are going to edit him so positively. I gave the example a while back that we didn't see the screencap where he is virtually right in Craig M's face screaming at him. We see Chris's mouth open, and he has a look of outrage on his face which is not pleasant, kind, gentle, loving and/or tender.

    I know that "look", btw, and I am not particularly condemning Chris. I have seen the coaches at the Middle School do the same thing when necessary in handling particularly difficult adolescent boys, and I don't even sub now (taught for years) in a really difficult area like NYC (although nowhere is a piece of cake in our society anymore).
    I grew up in NYC so i know first hand that Chris L would have had to speak with authority to his students. ESPECIALLY teaching math. Oy vey!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  8. #568
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3923358;
    My 84 year old mother watches the show now, her guilty little pleasure that I got her hooked onto. She watches every Monday night then calls me normally Tuesday mornings to "discuss" the drama.

    Her take thus far from the first show...
    --Out of the Limo she liked Justin the wrestler guy, although she thinks he needs to drop the wrestling seeing as how he broke his ankle. He's just there for the exposure, but he's nice to look at.

    --She likes the baseball guy from Tampa, after all he's from Florida, and he's a cutie except for his eyebrows. Couldn't someone do something about them? She knows that Ali liked him, but she didn't think he should have gotten the Rose that first night.

    --Whats up with the guy that whispers? (Kasey) Maybe he thinks thats sexy, but she couldn't understand a word he has said.

    From the second show...
    --That little weatherman should go home. He's nothing more than a tattle tale and a poor one at that. She didn't like that he kept asking Ali are you sure you want me to tell you. Her words to me "He should've either sh&$ or got off the pot!"
    --She doesn't trust that ballplayer, what's his name? How did he just happen to have a ball and mitts to play catch. Do they expect us to believe he keeps them in the planter?
    --That Frank guy she had the date with needs some Ritalin or something. He would drive a person in a coma crazy! Please tell me she doesn't choose him, she is such a sweet girl.

    I said mom, how about any of the others, who would you pick? She said the guy from Nashville was cute, and he played the guitar nice. And she still likes Justin. I said how about that Chris Lambton? She responded "Who is he?"

    She knows that I normally watch the boards and get the inside information, and many times she begs me to tell her and then in the next breath she says not to. Last season I thought she was going to kill me when that nice boy Jake picked that trashy Vienna, how could I not tell her so she would be prepared!

    Although she is on the computer, she avoids anything that would spoil it for her, doesn't watch the media clips about the show or read any of the boards. Just watches the show for the entertainment value. Oh, I forgot to add, she positively enjoyed Craig M and his shenanigans... said it was obvious that he was over the top and probably drunk, but of the two that were involved she thought the little weatherman should have gone home, Craig made the night entertaining. She loved the ending credits with him acting like a pirate.
    Love, love, love this post! Especially the Frank comment -- he would drive a person in a coma crazy -- priceless! We should all respect the infinite wisdom of our elders, and I think your mother has her finger on the pulse of the casual, non-spoiled viewer very well.

    We're going on a ten-week long "journey" with these people and opinions will shift several times before Ali makes her final decision. Kasey is going to be made out to be emotionally unstable, possibly suicidal when IRL he's probably a stand-up guy with only the best intentions. Justin is edited as likable now, but soon we will see why all the guys in the house suspect his intentions, and by the time the gf debacle airs, we will be glad (um, cheering out loud!) to see him go. Frank will appear to be Ali's best choice and the one she's most strongly tied to until he bows out at F3. I suspect a large part of the casual viewing audience will see Frank as the strong favorite at that point. If they only knew what was in store for them, and Ali.

    Roberto and Chris will have to have some kind of issue or problem to resolve along the way also, whether real or manufactured. Nobody gets a clean, straight to F1 edit to the end. We will have to have doubts about the F2 also. What will they be? Is Roberto ready to settle down to a wife/kids and family? Will he be the too little/too late guy? How about Chris? Will Ali stick with him long enough to realize the depth of all he has to offer? Will there be something else about Chris that will be revealed on his 1:1 that will give Ali pause where he's concerned?

    They have ten weeks to play with our heads and these guys' edits. I'd love to know your mom's thoughts after each episode. She's a stitch.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  9. #569
    FORT Fan Shelbyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    269

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3922808;
    It was the TV Guide interview CH did after the premiere and it's online. I don't know if I can link it here but here's the relevant quote:



    I don't think CH meant it in a negative way. IMO CH is just riding that storyline (CL hid the truth! How will Ali react when she finds out the truth? What will she think about CL not telling her in the 1st place??) for some suspense and drama because that's what the show is going to do. This is one of the storylines that's meant to keep people tuned in for the 1st half of the season. Another storyline is the Justin/right reasons meme. But Chris L is all but telling people to stay tuned on Chris L to see his story develop. The question is whether there ends up being more to it than his family ties. We've already been told at least 1 of the major storylines for the last couple of episodes: Ali's fears and insecurities. Will there be other storylines for the last half of the season? We'll have to pay attention to the editing for foreshadowing.
    The good news is that Ali has already addressed asking Chris L about his parents in one of her interviews (The interview was posted on one of these threads) She didn't sound like she thought he was a liar and felt bad that she put him in that position. Also, anyone that watched the show saw CL's PI explaining and most people would understand the situation and not just take CH at his word. CH is just an arse for calling him a liar over something so sensitive.:nono Just my thoughts

  10. #570
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbyd;3923382;
    The good news is that Ali has already addressed asking Chris L about his parents in one of her interviews (The interview was posted on one of these threads) She didn't sound like she thought he was a liar and felt bad that she put him in that position. Also, anyone that watched the show saw CL's PI explaining and most people would understand the situation and not just take CH at his word. CH is just an arse for calling him a liar over something so sensitive.:nono Just my thoughts


    Could you or anyone else point me in the direction of this interview please?
    Last edited by nd4reality; 06-04-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.