Page 55 of 387 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3922577;
    Now THAT's a story I can believe in.
    OO - there is NO dubt that Frank will be rolling around under the bus - especially for his wanting to leave - there is a huge price to pay when that happens - and the edit is already showing him slipping on the banana
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3922565;
    I wonder then, why CH basically called CL a liar in his first blog regarding not telling Ali about his mom (which I thought was totally blowing it out of proportion)?

I don't really have much faith in Fleiss and Co for predicting who will be fan favorites. Yes, they were right about Kip, but they also thought Jake would be extremely popular and we know how polarizing he turned out to be. I also think they expected Ali to be widely loved, and she also had/has many detractors. I am also starting to wonder if part of the reason the cat was let out of the bag with Frank is because the fan feedback is not showing him to be as much of a favorite as they had thought, so they decided to throw him under the bus early.
    IA with you and don't think CL lied but as to why CH said that, I have no idea. Perhaps just inserting his own opinions in there, not trying to push an agenda? Don't know. But I think CL's editing speaks for itself. He's a fan favorite after having barely 5 minutes of screentime with Ali, I think that says a lot about his editing and marketability. Don't know who is F1 or what but if TPTB want a great Bachelor, they have an amazing resource in him for next winter.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Re: Editing Analysis

Am I Baaaaddddddd for anticipating this (with bells on)?

ETA: replying to Capegal 2 posts up
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3922596;
    In what way did he call CL a liar? Sorry, I just don't remember.
    It was the TV Guide interview CH did after the premiere and it's online. I don't know if I can link it here but here's the relevant quote:

TVGuide.com: Why do you think Chris L. told Ali his parents were still together, when actually his mom has passed away?
    Harrison: When I went back and watched Episode 1, it blew me away when I heard him. Really, there's no other way to say it: He lied to her. Is that one of those white lies where it's OK? Why can't you just say, "My mom passed away"? That's not a crazy bomb to drop on Night 1.

TVGuide.com: But he seems really likeable.
    Harrison: Everybody will fall in love with Chris. He's one of the most amazing guys we've had on the show. He completely gave up his life and career to take care of his mom [and] take care of his dad and two younger brothers. And so now this is his time. You'll get to know him along the way, and he'll be around for a while.
    I don't think CH meant it in a negative way. IMO CH is just riding that storyline (CL hid the truth! How will Ali react when she finds out the truth? What will she think about CL not telling her in the 1st place??) for some suspense and drama because that's what the show is going to do. This is one of the storylines that's meant to keep people tuned in for the 1st half of the season. Another storyline is the Justin/right reasons meme. But Chris L is all but telling people to stay tuned on Chris L to see his story develop. The question is whether there ends up being more to it than his family ties. We've already been told at least 1 of the major storylines for the last couple of episodes: Ali's fears and insecurities. Will there be other storylines for the last half of the season? We'll have to pay attention to the editing for foreshadowing.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3922808;
    /////snipped from original post/////

We've already been told at least 1 of the major storylines for the last couple of episodes: Ali's fears and insecurities. Will there be other storylines for the last half of the season? We'll have to pay attention to the editing for foreshadowing.
    Geez Louise, I sure hope so. This one is already jumping up and down on my last nerve.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3923029;
    I am glad someone agrees with me. He has a very nice way about him but he is too smooth for me.
    I need to stop reiterating this because I'm sure it's getting boring but totally, totally, totally. Roberto knows exactly what to say to her, when to say it, and what to do with her in every situation. He's a cool customer and his confidence (not that it's bad) is just rubbing me the wrong way. Not to say he's not a nice guy and he's absolutely, stunningly beautiful, but he's really slick.
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Jumping in here.

I keep coming back to the idea of Ali's quote that what she thought she wanted wasn't really what she needed (or however she phrased it, but that was the gist.)

Could that be the storyline for this season? Frank fits right in there, and possibly Roberto as well. Chris could be the slow build that wins her over in the end. It's almost a classic romance novel

Quote Originally Posted by aminca;3923136;
    Jumping in here.

I keep coming back to the idea of Ali's quote that what she thought she wanted wasn't really what she needed (or however she phrased it, but that was the gist.)

Could that be the storyline for this season? Frank fits right in there, and possibly Roberto as well. Chris could be the slow build that wins her over in the end. It's almost a classic romance novel
    First of all, this directly applies to Frank. She thought she wanted quirky, artistic, and whatever but he turned out to be scum and she realized it's more the type of feeling she has than her list. Second of all, because I'm feeling pretty dismal about CL's chances right now, I have to say that this show loves to almost give us the "classic romantic novel" and then yank it away from us just as we begin to believe in it.
    ~ Sex and the City

I agree about Frank, but I also see it applying to Roberto. How could she have learned that what she thought she wanted wasn't what she needed about the guy she was so attracted to that she gave him the FIR? KWIM? Where is the story arc/growth there?

Quote Originally Posted by aminca;3923160;
    I agree about Frank, but I also see it applying to Roberto. How could she have learned that what she thought she wanted wasn't what she needed about the guy she was so attracted to that she gave him the FIR? KWIM? Where is the story arc/growth there?
    I don't really think her comment had anything to do with anyone other than Frank. Frank was what she thought she wanted, then she realized she didn't actually want or need Frank. I think Roberto got the FIR because he's the most gorgeous thing to ever exist in that mansion and Ali recognized it (who wouldn't?) right off the bat. As for the story arc, I'm afraid it's the opposite personally- she's been hurt by men so she needs to decide to take a leap of faith and go with her heart by choosing Roberto or stay with safe CL.
    ~ Sex and the City