Page 53 of 387 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Bachelorette 6: Ali MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3922315;
    Whatever happens, it is bound to disappoint me, because it always does. I want to compare her and Chris to Trista and Ryan, but Ali is a lot younger than Trista was and might not even want a man.
    Every season folks try to compare it to Ryan and Trista - there will never be another Ryan and Trista - there may be an Ali and Chris/Roberto - but no match she makes is going to be a replica of R&T - Ali is not Trista and Chris/Roberto are not Ryan. If they're successful it will be their own special relationship.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by asim;3922301;
    Bloomers, do you think its going to be "Love" versus "IN Love"
    or is it Boy versus Man
    What is the storyline you see, I think you said this already, just recap Please
    Also not Bloomers but because TPTB are so intent on making us fall in love with good guy CL, I think it must be love vs. IN love. Of course, in my mind, it's boy vs. man and she should go with the adult man vs. the boy, albeit a very sexy boy.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

laceygirl

Quote Originally Posted by asim;3922301;
    Bloomers, do you think its going to be "Love" versus "IN Love"
    or is it Boy versus Man
    What is the storyline you see, I think you said this already, just recap Please
    Both of the F2 are great. BUT I just cant see where this year, especially, where they are going to have anything but a love story. CH has said (Chris L) came home to be with sick mother, and took care of his dad and brothers and now its his time for life and love. I think this year will be the love story. I mean if not, What are they going to say, Oops, sorry not this time, maybe next time....I cant see where they will have him heartbroken at the end. I just dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3922334;
    Both of the F2 are great. BUT I just cant see where this year, especially, where they are going to have anything but a love story. CH has said (Chris L) came home to be with sick mother, and took care of his dad and brothers and now its his time for life and love. I think this year will be the love story. I mean if not, What are they going to say, Oops, sorry not this time, maybe next time....I cant see where they will have him heartbroken at the end. I just dont see it.
    Of course they can. Audience outrage is what drives this puppy. Also, their goal isn't to make you love the F1, it's to love the F2 because the moment Ali chose her F1, they forgot all about her and the focus became who is going to be the next TB. And no one makes a better TB than a fan favorite who had his or her heart crushed in full view of 9M fans.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

MF has said time and again that is show is not about a love story, it's about money and ratings and it's the drama that brings all that - if we happen to get a love story it's only by accident.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

They always do that. And it's a good set-up for the next Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3922331;
    Also not Bloomers but because TPTB are so intent on making us fall in love with good guy CL, I think it must be love vs. IN love. Of course, in my mind, it's boy vs. man and she should go with the adult man vs. the boy, albeit a very sexy boy.
    Thanks everybody, I agree, Hopefully that accidental Love Story will happen this time

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3922201;
    So this is not good for Chris L ...
    But interesting that RS continues to maintain that the "Bach First" is Frank leaving at F3 rather than someone being F1 who had received the first impression rose. If Roberto wins - that's a big change. Ali does say that her first impressions the first night didn't mean much - but that could mean impressions about the others - not necessarily Roberto.
    While we at FORT may consider it significant that nobody who ever got the FIR has ever been F1 (except Jesse, when 3 were given out), I seriously doubt Ali or CH would consider this event a "Bachelor first" and make mention of it; it's more of a sleuthing detail, and not something the average fan of the show probably gives much thought to.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3922330;
    Every season folks try to compare it to Ryan and Trista - there will never be another Ryan and Trista - there may be an Ali and Chris/Roberto - but no match she makes is going to be a replica of R&T - Ali is not Trista and Chris/Roberto are not Ryan. If they're successful it will be their own special relationship.
    I love how you always bring it back to reality anders.

I would love to hear more Ali interviews, i feel like past bach/ettes have done more talking in the past. I don't feel like she's said anything other than "I'm happy" and "I had to kiss a bunch of frogs"...
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

In DeAnna's season, everyone was saying she has to pick Jason because of the kid and the story of him being a single dad, and look how that turned out. Everyone thought it would be this big love story, but he became the next bachelor.