Page 51 of 387 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

I was wondering about Chris L (if he turns out to be the F1) being at the BNL video takes this coming week. When Jillian did a similar group date, Ed was on his one on one date in that episode. I believe Molly was not at the soap opera group activity during Jason's season. Now Roberto is on a one on one in the same episode as the BNL date - so Roberto will not be seeing her kiss etc with the other guys. Seems a little cruel for Chris - especially where she and Kirk continue after the "CUT" from the camera people. Is it to judge jealousy - or interest ? Melissa was at Jason's soap videos - and she got very upset (apparently).

Good question, Cerese. It will be interesting to see what they show us of his reaction. I'll be paying attention to TPTB's presentation.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3922130;
    I was wondering about Chris L (if he turns out to be the F1) being at the BNL video takes this coming week. When Jillian did a similar group date, Ed was on his one on one date in that episode. I believe Molly was not at the soap opera group activity during Jason's season. Now Roberto is on a one on one in the same episode as the BNL date - so Roberto will not be seeing her kiss etc with the other guys. Seems a little cruel for Chris - especially where she and Kirk continue after the "CUT" from the camera people. Is it to judge jealousy - or interest ? Melissa was at Jason's soap videos - and she got very upset (apparently).
    But from an editing/show progression point of view, it's Frank who has already made out with her, not Chris (who may not have even kissed her yet), and he will definitely be shown to react very badly to it. So maybe it won't be quite so hard on Chris, since he'll still have the chance to "take his best shot" with her in the future.

However, if F1 turns out to be Roberto, that will be another parallel with Molly and Ed, as to sparing the F1 the indignity of having to watch their "beloved" make out with the rest of the cast.

According to the preview we saw, all of the guys, other than Frank, left before the director yells "cut". Maybe Frank is the only guy that saw them getting their groove on "off the clock".
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Though by that point, Melissa had already had a 1:1 date. This will be Chris' first date. I think at this point Frank would be most comparable to how Melissa was feeling on that date.

All the men are in the BNL video. So Robert-O would be there too. We don't see him watching but nonetheless, he is in the video too.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Just wanted to point out all of the Chris L hype before the show even premiered, and since it's been airing parallels Jason during Deanna's season to me. Everyone was so in love with Jason,not me I was Team Graham, before show even started because he was a single father and had the cute kid. They edited him being concerned and waiting to tell her about Ty. He was the one good on paper because he was a good guy, family man and Deanna wanted to have kids right away. I think there was even some mention of him if not in the 5 to watch in other articles where Chris Harrison mentioned him and his son. Jason also had the premiere episode intro with Ty at home. Replace the child with the deceased mother and you've got same situation with Chris L. Deanna, dumping Jason at F2 with all the build up story created gave ABC huge numbers and setup for Jason's Bachelor season. Whether Chris L is F1 or F2 that's the strongest editing parallel up to this point that has stuck out to me. There are some minor Reid, from Jillian's season, parallels in the way he's eager for a date, gets a later date, and talks about wanting a date,etc. It brings up reid wanting a date, talking to people on the train about how he felt about Jillian, brief moments on group dates and RC. I don't really see huge parallels with Ryan, except that he's effusive with his infatuation and feelings for Ali without the poetry.. That's what I see up to this point but, it's only been 2 episodes

not that I know anything or that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but...

I honestly think that Ali is aware of Chris at this point (her not taking him on a date episode 2 and giving him that 1 on 1 time before the rose ceremony), but I think he is off her radar for who she has the most chemistry with. She is getting into Frank, he did get that first 1/1 date, and Roberto got that FIR (and she said she was choosing him because she could see herself with him in the end). I think this is a way of her seeing if there could possibly be any chemistry with Chris before she has her 1/1 with him to help lead her in her f4 choice.

The producers are well aware of where her interests lie, and if they think she is teetering between Chris L and possibly one or two of the others as to who might make up the final 4, what better way to give her some insight. Looking at the screen caps from the BNL date, I would say that Ali saw another side to Chris... the intimate nuzzling of his back and neck from behind him, shaving him and the one of the 2 of them sitting in the chairs at the after party and just laughing together says a lot.

By this third date, the bachelor/ette have pretty much firmed up the f4, and it takes the unexpected to change that list up. We all know that there is plenty of unexpected to change up Ali's f4 list...

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3922143;
    But from an editing/show progression point of view, it's Frank who has already made out with her, not Chris (who may not have even kissed her yet), and he will definitely be shown to react very badly to it. So maybe it won't be quite so hard on Chris, since he'll still have the chance to "take his best shot" with her in the future.

However, if F1 turns out to be Roberto, that will be another parallel with Molly and Ed, as to sparing the F1 the indignity of having to watch their "beloved" make out with the rest of the cast.
    It would be a parallel, but not an intentional one of the part of TPTB (since that assumes they have a collective heart, lol). The crew all thought Melissa was F1 from the M&G, so they wouldn't have tried to spare Molly. I don't remember reading/hearing who they thought Jillian's F1 would be from Night 1.

Maybe it'll be envy as opposed to jealousy?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3922155;
    All the men are in the BNL video. So Robert-O would be there too. We don't see him watching but nonetheless, he is in the video too.
    All the guys are not at the BNL video shoot.