Page 50 of 387 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbyd;3921625;
    That was my guess as well and it would fit into Chris saying, "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me" and her proposing would solidify that she is ready to fall in love with CL. This is all speculatory on my part since we do not definately know who the F1 is.
    Yes Shelbyd ~ I had that quote in the back of my head in thinking through this storyline. Thank you for reminding me of the exact words.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3921640;
    Yes Shelbyd ~ I had that quote in the back of my head in thinking through this storyline. Thank you for reminding me of the exact words.
    Are we sure it is Chris saying that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3921666;
    Are we sure it is Chris saying that?
    I would have to say YES!

FORT Fogey

Am I the only one that thinks this sentence,"There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me," sounds strange?

When do men customarily propose to a woman - before she falls in love with them or after she falls in love with them?

I could understand better if this sentence read, "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's in love with me," or "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to start a life with me," but men don't propose to women if the women are merely ready to fall in love with them.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921679;
    Am I the only one that thinks this sentence,"There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me," sounds strange?

When do men customarily propose to a woman - before she falls in love with them or after she falls in love with them?

I could understand better if this sentence read, "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's in love with me," or "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to start a life with me," but men don't propose to women if the women are merely ready to fall in love with them.

I hope he is not being totally manipulated by the producers to propose.

He could be talking about how crushed she is after Frank leaves, and how he doesn't want her to be insecure in any decision. Or he may just be inarticulate.

FORT Fan

I know we hear this VO during the previews of the FDs, but perhaps it was said at the very beginning of the process during a PI in response to a question like, "Do you think you could propose to Ali if you make it to the end?"
    Even though still strange, it would make alittle more sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jannafan;3921690;
    I know we hear this VO during the previews of the FDs, but perhaps it was said at the very beginning of the process during a PI in response to a question like, "Do you think you could propose to Ali if you make it to the end?"
    Even though still strange, it would make alittle more sense.
    This is what I thought too. It's a quote taken from way earlier in the season, probably in response to a prompt, like you said.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Bloomers, I agree that this sentence is a bit off. I am wondering if it is just [B]part[B] of a sentence that Chris has said, perhaps at the timing of FD's. For example, he could say something like "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me, and I intend to use our time on this date to find out where she's at with her feelings." This would be particularly critical at the point when Chris and Roberto find out that Frank has left on his own and there is no RC, so maybe he even makes a statement of some sort at that time. I just don't personally feel that what we are hearing is the whole statement Chris was making, it's a frankenbite (is that the right word?)

Yep, Jojo, it's called a frankenbite. MF & Co. are particularly adept at utilitizing it.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbyd;3921625;
    That was my guess as well and it would fit into Chris saying, "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me" and her proposing would solidify that she is ready to fall in love with CL. This is all speculatory on my part since we do not definately know who the F1 is.
    I wonder if he says this during the MTP - it's highly likely he asks Ali's mom for Ali's hand in marriage and he says this as reassurance that he would only propose in the event that she declared her love first. Just a guess.... the VOs never go where we think they do - it shocked me when we heard Kirk's VO this week about 'wanting that intimacy' during the photoshoot - of course he could've said it later and they used it there, who knows
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono