Page 5 of 387 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3894916;
    That's correct. She aggrevated the snot (excuse me) out of all the other girls, but Andy just didn't see it. She was let go at the end of Ep. 4.
    This could be what happens with Frank. He gets the 1-1 on Ep.3 and is let go at the Ep. 4 RC.
    Bloomers....do you know something we don't? I assumed Frank made it to Iceland or even Turkey. You are saying maybe NYC? Oh no, say it ain't so, and after that big ole kiss she laid on him too. If she is as affectionate with him and sends him home the next week, I can't wait for those Fantasy Dates!

You gotta kiss a few toads before you find the prince! The press release did say some of the most sensual overnight dates ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UnRealLife;3894972;
    It is now 2:30 P.M. in Tahiti. Ali must know by now..I wish we did!
    Remember what Ali said at the ATFR when she was introduced as the new Bachelorette when CH asked her what she was looking forward to the most? She said she was looking forward to "the last day when I can be with my man". According to you know who, that was today.

This is the EDIT thread and how EDIT effects what we are shown on TV.

Much of the discussion regarding which guys leave when should go in one of the other spoiler threads. I don't want to be a hardliner on this - we are still in pre-season - but this thread will become a mishmash of information about all sorts of things regarding the show if we don't take care.

Please keep all discussion here to the show's edit and its ramifications.

Thank you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

But isn't a guy's edit tied into when he leaves? Like the edit the guy who's F1 gets... Does it match up with a guy being last pick. And the guy who gets sent home F4, does he get the typical F4 edit? I just think they're intertwined.

FORT Fogey

When the show actually starts, we will be able to discuss
    how EDIT effects what we are shown on TV. Right now, though, we can't do that. What we can do is try to use what we know from the past edits, apply it when possible to what we have now, and see if we can figure anything else out.

Jillian's season was a mess on the boards, and I appreciate the mods efforts to try and keep things straight, but it is getting pretty sticky - and I am sorry to say sometimes uncomfortable - trying to figure out just where everything is supposed to go.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

brklyn825: But isn't a guy's edit tied into when he leaves? Like the edit the guy who's F1 gets... Does it match up with a guy being last pick. And the guy who gets sent home F4, does he get the typical F4 edit? I just think they're intertwined.
    Yes and no. IF you know the F4 before they are disclosed through the cut, then you can follow their edit on the show from episode one onward to see how they are characterized and how their story may play out.

Knowing before the show begins who is in the F4 doesn't tell you how they got there; and knowing the exit order before the show falls into that area. Edit tells you how they got there.

Edit, as Bloomers will tell you, also involves patterns and show history, and those things can be discussed pre-show to get ready for the EDIT of the show. The edit is the story - knowing exit order before it is seen gives you a person, but not his story.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thats the other thing about this kiss with Frank.....it is edited to look like this awesome kiss.....however I hesitate to judge emotion and passion on a 1/10th of a second.

Do I hope that Ali had some wonderful and memorable moments with these bachelors. - absolutely. However, digital editing does magical things for "reality romance" I hesitate to believe anything Fliess puts out there at face value. sorry to be the party pooper here, just trying to keep it real.

Bloomers? Can you tell me how many seasons back the edit patterns go? I was a faithful fan til Lorenzo, I just couldn't watch him. I only returned in Jake's season. So I have missed many of the seasons you reference. Curious if things changed in terms of edit at some point?

Many thanks for your expertise on this!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;3895220;
    Bloomers? Can you tell me how many seasons back the edit patterns go? I was a faithful fan til Lorenzo, I just couldn't watch him. I only returned in Jake's season. So I have missed many of the seasons you reference. Curious if things changed in terms of edit at some point?

Many thanks for your expertise on this!
    I'm no edit expert, but I think the edits changed somewhere between Brad's season and Matt's season. They got new editors, Martin Hilton teamed up with Fleiss, and things changed a bit.