Page 49 of 387 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3921324;
    They wrapped film around May 5/6 - so it's conceivable they had already started to put together the first couple of episodes, but they wouldn't have had to complete anything until a few days before the first episode aired on May 24, therefore yes, they knew Frank was gone - I'd say that's why he was featured in the previews and is currently getting a semi-traditional F1 edit.
    Right now, it's all about the scandal with Frank in Tahiti so they're not as concerned with showing or hiding the F2 as they are for creating drama with Frank when it seems like her original F1 dumps her cold. It makes sense because all of the scandals in previous seasons- Jason/Molly/Melissa, Ed/random women, Vienna/random husbands- have only been good for their ratings and visibility of the franchise.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

They have had so much trash and dirt in the last few seasons, I think they are finally going to let both F1 and F2 be decent this season - a little present to the viewers for the 20th season?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921339;
    They have had so much trash and dirt in the last few seasons, I think they are finally going to let both F1 and F2 be decent this season - a little present to the viewers for the 20th season?
    And that's why I think that CL & RobTo are no default choices, whichever Ali picks. Huge treat for us (and Ali) this season Bloomers, huge!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921339;
    It's a win/win for them. They get their trash and dirt with Frank, but then they can get rid of him before the Finale.

I honestly thought Chris L.'s edit is interesting. It reminded me a little bit of Reid's. Although we got to see Chris in the first episode where we really didn't get to see Reid, the second episode reminded me a lot like Reid's edit. No date, he was in a room and the b'ette came to them, just seems to be laid back. I just wonder if they will give Chris the type of edit Reid got to where by the 4th episode, he'll end up being one of the fan favorites.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3921397;
    I honestly thought Chris L.'s edit is interesting. It reminded me a little bit of Reid's. Although we got to see Chris in the first episode where we really didn't get to see Reid, the second episode reminded me a lot like Reid's edit. No date, he was in a room and the b'ette came to them, just seems to be laid back. I just wonder if they will give Chris the type of edit Reid got to where by the 4th episode, he'll end up being one of the fan favorites.
    I think the edit for Chris reminds me of Ryans and Roberto's edit reminds me of Kip/Charlie's jmo
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921302;
    Realistically? Facebook wasn't willing to give her more than her allotted time off to finish the Bachelor season, so are we to believe that they were going to hold her job for her while she did the Bachelorette plus the round of media afterwards?
    I think she most likely had to give up the Facebook job to do the Bachelorette.

On some interview she referenced that unfortunately the Facebook job was gone now.

The apartment? We realistically believe she is getting paid for this gig. It is conceivable that she could have kept the apartment and made arrangements with the producers to pay the rent on it, but with no job to come back to, did she need it?

It sounds good to say that she gave it up, but she didn't have a choice if she wanted to do the Bachelorette. On the other hand, we have very good reason to believe that she is being handsomely compensated for it, and there have been good opportunities open up for past leads because of their tenure on the show.

My speculation is that Ali is career-minded. I would be very surprised if she pulled a Trista and married with babies on the way...
    I agree that Ali is career-minded. The only question I have is which career is she interested in now? It appears that she is revelling in her newfound "celebrity" status that the Bach and B'ette have afforded her. MF loves her. Can he help her get her foot in the door on another show after B'ette is done airing? Is that what she would prefer to do?

As a parent, I'm horrified to think that she might be thinking of pausing her professional career that she worked so hard to get started in order to chase the Hollywood dream. Well, she's already done that anyway, hasn't she? But, free, single twenty-something adults make their own choices. As parents, ours is to support their choices and be there when and if they fall.

Which guy will fit in better with whatever direction Ali chooses to go? Both seem to be relatively mobile with their careers (geographically), but which one would be willing to chuck it all for a spin around H-wood for the next year or two? I hesitate to say it, but probably Frank would have been the best choice for that route. Which one would have the easier transition if she chooses to get back on track with her professional career?

With Ali, I still have more questions than answers. All I can say for sure is, she certainly does have some good possibilities in front of her.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3921404;
    I think the edit for Chris reminds me of Ryans and Roberto's edit reminds me of Kip/Charlie's jmo

This is where I am too. I do see a bit of Reid in Chris' edit, but I see more of a Charlie/Ryan showdown. The difference is that Chris seems more into her than Reid was into Jillian at this point. Also, I think they picked Frank to play Reid.....not a great choice but then what do you expect?

The only guess I have at this point that would make Fleiss giddy and be different at the FRC is if Ali proposed to the F1. The story/edit would grow from her insecurity in the beginning to her being sure and secure of her 'love' for her F1.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3921597;
    The only guess I have at this point that would make Fleiss giddy and be different at the FRC is if Ali proposed to the F1. The story/edit would grow from her insecurity in the beginning to her being sure and secure of her 'love' for her F1.
    That was my guess as well and it would fit into Chris saying, "There's no way I can propose to Ali unless she's ready to fall in love with me" and her proposing would solidify that she is ready to fall in love with CL. This is all speculatory on my part since we do not definately know who the F1 is.