Page 48 of 387 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing Analysis

Re: Editing Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921253;
    What brought up the info about the lead and contenders having those hours was that I said I wanted to hear something of substance. I wanted to hear what they "think". I guess it would be boring to most people, and the catch was cute. I really do think so. Playing ball also was what he has done with a lot of his life as well as the fact that it exemplified the idea that Ali is a tomboy, so it really wasn't a wasted scene from that point of view.
    And we also got the PI from Roberto that he likes a girl who doesn’t mind getting dirty and also looks fabo when she’s all dressed up (bad paraphrase) but these are the innocuous types of things that we hear from leads and contestants. I always assumed they did talk about real stuff since we only see snippets of conversations that probably went on for several minutes (Cocktail party, group dates chats) or hours (individual dates, SQT) but what they show us is playing into an edit.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I have to ask this and maybe it's already been asked but...Is Frank an ABC plant? Was he hired to play a role? He is a screenwriter and I'm sure he knows how he would like emotions acted out in his screenwriting. I'm just saying, maybe this is all a screenplay that he also gets to act in (although acting is not his forte).

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3921216;
    Roberto's career is in South Carolina, specifically. I suppose he could be an insurance agent anywhere but my understanding is that he has plans to open an office in Charleston. It is a beautiful city, but would Ali move there?

ITA that we don't know what she wants. She says love but she does not say with what kind of guy. Leaving it open might be smart.

I don't see glaring differences between the F2. Chris is older, sensitive, and given his job choices, maybe a little less focused on financial success. Other than that.....they are both good guys with good edits so far.
    In the new TVGuide that I got in the mail today...Ali says that she quit her job at facebook and gave up her apartment because she didn't want any strings attached. She wanted to go into this knowing that she could move anywhere for love. I don't know if that answers the question of whether or not she'd be willing to move to anywhere, but it seems to me that she would move anywhere if she was indeed in love with that man.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3921270;
    In the new TVGuide that I got in the mail today...Ali says that she quit her job at facebook and gave up her apartment because she didn't want any strings attached. She wanted to go into this knowing that she could move anywhere for love. I don't know if that answers the question of whether or not she'd be willing to move to anywhere, but it seems to me that she would move anywhere if she was indeed in love with that man.
    Thats how she moved to SF, she followed a boyfriend when she graduated. I do think she is serious at finding love. Shes been through a long distance relationship before, so she knows how hard it is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3921270;
    Interesting. This contradicts what Bloomers said about her being career-oriented. Of course you can have a career anywhere, but geographic location can restrict your opportunities. She has also said that she is a Cali girl now. Maybe she just likes warmer weather!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3921282;
    Interesting. This contradicts what Bloomers said about her being career-oriented. Of course you can have a career anywhere, but geographic location can restrict your opportunities. She has also said that she is a Cali girl now. Maybe she just likes warmer weather!
    Realistically? Facebook wasn't willing to give her more than her allotted time off to finish the Bachelor season, so are we to believe that they were going to hold her job for her while she did the Bachelorette plus the round of media afterwards?
    I think she most likely had to give up the Facebook job to do the Bachelorette.

On some interview she referenced that unfortunately the Facebook job was gone now.

The apartment? We realistically believe she is getting paid for this gig. It is conceivable that she could have kept the apartment and made arrangements with the producers to pay the rent on it, but with no job to come back to, did she need it?

It sounds good to say that she gave it up, but she didn't have a choice if she wanted to do the Bachelorette. On the other hand, we have very good reason to believe that she is being handsomely compensated for it, and there have been good opportunities open up for past leads because of their tenure on the show.

My speculation is that Ali is career-minded. I would be very surprised if she pulled a Trista and married with babies on the way...
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

She has said she is living with Friends that are married, and her things are in storage..That was in an article that I read.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3921302;
    Realistically? Facebook wasn't willing to give her more than her allotted time off to finish the Bachelor season, so are we to believe that they were going to hold her job for her while she did the Bachelorette plus the round of media afterwards?
    I think she most likely had to give up the Facebook job to do the Bachelorette.

On some interview she referenced that unfortunately the Facebook job was gone now.

The apartment? We realistically believe she is getting paid for this gig. It is conceivable that she could have kept the apartment and made arrangements with the producers to pay the rent on it, but with no job to come back to, did she need it?

It sounds good to say that she gave it up, but she didn't have a choice if she wanted to do the Bachelorette. On the other hand, we have very good reason to believe that she is being handsomely compensated for it, and there have been good opportunities open up for past leads because of their tenure on the show.

My speculation is that Ali is career-minded. I would be very surprised if she pulled a Trista and married with babies on the way...

I think this is realistic. She wants media opportunities to come out of this gig. She might want a relationship too, but not the housewife path.

I was wondering when they put together the season previews. Was it after they knew Frank was gone? Because Frank is clearly pictured in the previews along with Roberto, while CL is more hidden.

I see her kind of like Jillian ... wants to be with her man first and foremost and then definitely find a job. I don't see her popping out kids anytime soon either. If Ali's relationship is successful she won't have to worry about staying near LA to be in the limelight... sheesh Trista and Ryan have been married for years living in Colorado and ABC keeps throwing money at them to promote the show.

I can see her and CL moving back to NYC and I am sure Ali would not have a hard time finding a job there... she might have to buy a parka or two tho.

They wrapped film around May 5/6 - so it's conceivable they had already started to put together the first couple of episodes, but they wouldn't have had to complete anything until a few days before the first episode aired on May 24, therefore yes, they knew Frank was gone - I'd say that's why he was featured in the previews and is currently getting a semi-traditional F1 edit.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono